Jets bench Zach Wilson

Big Turk

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This really seems to be in his best interest. I can’t believe he kept trying to play last week. 

Dude's got guts.  He was not about to lose his job to injury as long as he could help it.  I'm glad the doctors stepped in and saved him from himself.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Dude's got guts.  He was not about to lose his job to injury as long as he could help it.  I'm glad the doctors stepped in and saved him from himself.

Tough as nails, but even as a guy who hates the Jets, I felt they were really pushing it ethics-wise when he came back the 2nd time. Dude is lucky he still had a spleen.

1 minute ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Tough as nails, but even as a guy who hates the Jets, I felt they were really pushing it ethics-wise when he came back the 2nd time. Dude is lucky he still had a spleen.

Yeah, the AFC East now has two coaches who've proven that winning is more important than their QBs' well-being.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Over at Jet Nation one Jets fan started a thread called "Buffalo is a dirty team". To other Jets fans credit they disagree with him although everyone thought the hit on Garrett Wilson should have been an unnecessary roughness penalty. I am surprised it wasn't called either. It looked like he was 2 yards out of bounds when he got hit. Here is what this Jets fan posted about our "dirty" Bills.

Watched the compressed game yesterday.  NFL+ if you guys get it over in 45 minutes.   In any case in that amount if time I couldn’t help but notice the way the Bills played that game.  Blasting Garrett Wilson out of bounds.  On the okay Corey Davis was injured it looked relatively benign and I thought this guy is so soft.  Then I looked again and while he was on the ground he was hit right in the head with the usual no penalty flag.   Then the Bills linebacker clearly launching himself like a missile into the ribs of our unprotected QB.  Not to mention numerous instances where the Bills demonstrated a new way of tackling:  lifting an often engaged player up by his legs in a way that leaves him vulnerable to injury.   There were often cases were they just missed a hit but you could see the intent was to launch at our guys including the incomplete to Berrios where he may have been in the hospital had he made that catch.   Not sure if this is how they are being trained to play but the fact that they were not flagged for any roughing or late hit penalties is a concern and reinforces that their way is working.  I hope our CS and FO are showing some of this to the league because it’s ridiculous and should not be tolerated in this day and age. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Kinda like Tua with the Dolphins earlier in the season 

• Like (+1) 2

From the stands at MetLife Stadium begins the chant..."We want Flacco!"

Slowly it grows in volume: "We want Flacco!"

After five minutes, it's a roar:

"WE WANT FLACCO!"

Coach Saleh sees no other options:

"Flacco!  Come here!" he yells.

"Yes, Coach?!" says Flacco.

"Go see what they want."

😇

• Haha (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

From the stands at MetLife Stadium begins the chant..."We want Flacco!"

Slowly it grows in volume: "We want Flacco!"

After five minutes, it's a roar:

"WE WANT FLACCO!"

Coach Saleh sees no other options:

"Flacco!  Come here!" he yells.

"Yes, Coach?!" says Flacco.

"Go see what they want."

😇

LOL. It will be funny if Wilson craps the bed and the Jets are losing bigtime. I will enjoy listening to the boos at MetLife. I will be there to see it.

45 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I guess that when you get folded like a suitcase one week, you probably shouldn’t play football the next week. Still amazed that he came back on the field after that hit from Milano.

The team doctors shot him up twice during that game, otherwise he was done after the first time he went out, SOP in the NFL, has been for decades. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.