Jets bench Zach Wilson

Big Turk

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

And? 

AND he played in the USFL (or any other pro league) to start his career, unlike any other BYU QB before or since. There has never been a BYU QB to complete over 60% of their passes in their career in the NFL outside of Steve Young, which is pretty sad.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

8 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

AND he played in the USFL (or any other pro league) to start his career, unlike any other BYU QB before or since. There has never been a BYU QB to complete over 60% of their passes in their career in the NFL outside of Steve Young, which is pretty sad.

I do not think this really applies. He also sat behind Montana for a few years, When Young got his chance, he played at a high level. If Young played for say; Pitt, Miami, Ohio State et al, would we be having this conversation? In my opinion, either one can play in this league or not. Anyways, it doesn't really matter much it is just silly takes, Happy Thanksgiving 🙂

Edited by billsfan_34

• 3 weeks later...

Was listening to Greenie today as he was trying to unfold the curious case of Zach Wilson.  Greenie was asserting that the only thing that made sense was there was a player revolt in the lockerroom to get rid of Wilson.  It is pretty astonishing that they won't even give him a uniform on game days now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Was listening to Greenie today as he was trying to unfold the curious case of Zach Wilson.  Greenie was asserting that the only thing that made sense was there was a player revolt in the lockerroom to get rid of Wilson.  It is pretty astonishing that they won't even give him a uniform on game days now.

Like it or not I think Wilson has to be the backup. Flacco is a statue back there and has nothing left in the tank. I was actually surprised that when White got hurt and Flacco came in that they called a pass play. White is probably going to play vs the Lions with sore ribs. If he gets hurt again, they have better shot to win the game with Wilson over Flacco.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

Eric Wood on the WGR pre game was talking about the scene where the Jets players were wearing Mike White shirts.

He basically said that the Jets players made a statement.  He said if Ryan Groy replaced me as starter and I saw people wearing Ryan Groy shirts....we're fighting.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

I think Zach Wilson is done in NY. I wouldn't be surprised to see them attempt to offload him somewhere in the offseason. The on field performance, coupled with the post game interviews, and what else only the players know from team only settings give you everything that you see unfolding now. I know they talk about him getting back to the basics and working on his fundamentals, but I say its all horse manure. He's done, at least in NY.. 

Edited by H2o
  • Agree 1

I gotta say Saleh is smart to pull the plug early on him. It’s clearly not working out. Kinda like us pulling the plug on EJ Manuel. 

The only what-if is if he is a late bloomer. Look at Hurts. He was very pedestrian his first couple of seasons. But this year seemingly found success. I don’t think Zach will find that success at this pint because the jets are clearly done with him. He will go the road of Josh Rosen

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Eric Wood on the WGR pre game was talking about the scene where the Jets players were wearing Mike White shirts.

He basically said that the Jets players made a statement.  He said if Ryan Groy replaced me as starter and I saw people wearing Ryan Groy shirts....we're fighting.

My personnel skills so on point, i was sure Groy was gunna be a mainstay on this team for a long time!!!

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I heard Wilson was reaching out to Mike White’s Mom - he had a different type of revenge on his mind.

😂

1 hour ago, wjag said:

I also love how on the broadcast Sunday they were bringing up how this is just a reset for Wilson and they can’t wait to get him back on the field. Okkkk, sure. There’s no coming back from benching a young QB and then not even making him active in game days. His career as a Jet is over. 

10 minutes ago, without a drought said:

Zach Wilson 5-2

Joe Flacco 1-2

Mike White 1-2

Maybe win - loss record isn't a QB stat.

Four passing touchdowns and five interceptions in those seven games, plus a rushing touchdown against the injury ridden Dolphins. He has a passer rating of 72.6  and a QBR of 43.2.

In his three games so far, White has three touchdowns and two interceptions, passer rating of 85.8 and QBR of 49.1.

The wins have very little to do with Wilson, to be honest.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.