Jets bench Zach Wilson

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

I just don't know about this kid... Can't he see this as an opportunity to learn?

When I saw this, I thought it was a joke, mocking Wilson.  Then I searched it & found out he actually said this.  What's he going to do, shoot spitballs at the veteran when he starts to throw the ball?  If Wilson doesn't fix his attitude, pronto, the Jets are going to sign IK Enemkpali to knock some sense into him.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When I saw this, I thought it was a joke, mocking Wilson.  Then I searched it & found out he actually said this.  What's he going to do, shoot spitballs at the veteran when he starts to throw the ball?  If Wilson doesn't fix his attitude, pronto, the Jets are going to sign IK Enemkpali to knock some sense into him.  

He does a very poor job of picking his words.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I find it hilarious that they didn’t want to risk Mike White or Zach Wilson in the small chance of spoiling Miami’s playoff push. The cake topper is the two FGs of offense they had to show for it. Wilson with the locker room against him could have got you 6.

Exactly why I think the Jets will try and trade Wilson. IMO, the damage is irreversible.

Hoping the Jets don't get Lamar but after seeing what the Ravens just paid Roquan, there's gotta be something afoot with Lamar with no contract.

Edited by Seventeen

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He does a very poor job of picking his words.

That quote is taken a little out of context. I’m by no means a fan of this kid, but he went on to explain that he meant by going out every day and competing as best he can. He didn’t mean he was trying to do harm to anyone.

1 minute ago, Ta111 said:

That quote is taken a little out of context. I’m by no means a fan of this kid, but he went on to explain that he meant by going out every day and competing as best he can. He didn’t mean he was trying to do harm to anyone.

I'm sure, the point still stands he lobbed that quote up for the media as easily as any of the picks he's thrown this season.

3 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Exactly why I think the Jets will try and trade Wilson. IMO, the damage is irreversible.

Hoping the Jets don't get Lamar but after seeing what the Ravens just paid Roquan, there's gotta be something afoot with Lamar with no contract.

If the Jets trade him, they take an $11 million cap hit.  Also I doubt the team that trades for him wants the risk of having to pay his 2024 guarantees (over $5 million) without just compensation from the Jets. My guess is the only way he's traded is if the Jets agree to pay his 2023 roster bonus & then agree to send the team that trades for him a 2nd or 3rd round pick, similar to when Houston traded Osweiler to Cleveland.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ta111 said:

Anyone who wants to know the context should go to the 7:10 point in this attachment.  https://www.google.com/search?q=Xach+wilson+on+2023+QBs+on+Jets+video&oq=Xach+wilson+on+2023+QBs+on+Jets+video&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160l2.28164j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:50dbdcde,vid:cS79eO_iDa8

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.