On to Minnesota (get this game in the rear view mirror!)

Chandler#81

11 hours ago, Amaru523 said:

Has anyone noticed that there's only 5 teams in the NFC with winning records, 3 of those teams are in the East, Hawks and Vikings are the other 2. 9 teams in the AFC are above .500.

Vikings have only 1 win vs a team above .500 (they beat a Tua-less Fish), and only 1 of their 7 wins was by double digits (GB 23-7). They've barely beaten a bunch of bad teams. 

Very interesting.   Their record in close games is excellent so we shall see if they are real or pretenders. 

A healthy Allen and I am confident.  A limited Allen, or no Allen, and this is a close game.   

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Realist said:

This is what I don't get as a fan. As just a fan, I don't need to make my week miserable digesting what happened after a crappy loss. The actual team does that. I get to move on with my life by looking at Vikings information and praying Allen is ok.

The entire team sucked last week, I don't have to stew about it, the coaching staff is not going to take any of my suggestions.

Wait…what? You mean the Bills coaches aren’t on here reading all of our suggestions? No wonder we suck. 😉

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

whelp, I mean, your username says it all. not knocking your choice of name, just being observant is all.

When you feel hopeless, you may have a sense that things won't improve, you'll never be happy, or you're stuck in life. Feeling hopeless can also feel like helplessness, sadness, apathy, or despair. 

Its not hopeless, just a realist this year. For once i have actually watched (Unfortunately some days) or this second coming of a SB champion that has eluded us. (And will elude us again this year) I am not a football fan, i am a Bills fan. The are slowly going to become irrelevant unless they fix the real problems. Allen has been average the last 3 games, hurt or not. Our D line during the same time has given up ugly run protection. Unless our QB is doing it, our run game is terrible, which again needs us to rely on our QB. It was almost better when i could not watch them and just follow on the NFL app! This team does not need OBJ, they need a freaking awesome guard or tackle! At least with the Sabres they are not great but fun to watch! The Bills are not fun to watch, they are frustrating to watch! 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Its not hopeless, just a realist this year. For once i have actually watched (Unfortunately some days) or this second coming of a SB champion that has eluded us. (And will elude us again this year) I am not a football fan, i am a Bills fan. The are slowly going to become irrelevant unless they fix the real problems. Allen has been average the last 3 games, hurt or not. Our D line during the same time has given up ugly run protection. Unless our QB is doing it, our run game is terrible, which again needs us to rely on our QB. It was almost better when i could not watch them and just follow on the NFL app! This team does not need OBJ, they need a freaking awesome guard or tackle! At least with the Sabres they are not great but fun to watch! The Bills are not fun to watch, they are frustrating to watch! 

Last three games?

He was 27/40, 329 passing yards with 3 TD and no INT in a winning effort on the road in KC.

Average as f*ck.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I truly believe it's a lack of focus that accounts for sloppiness and a missing "edge"

Same thing happened last year. Remember the Schopps of the world gleefully having the stat geeks on to talk about Allen's "regression"? He was good, but there were stretches where it got a bit ugly and seemed like the offense was broken. 

Then, the playoffs started and we never seemed to punt and Allen and the offense looked unstoppable. 

IMO, we're to the point where most regular season games are games to get through without injuries and a W so that we can get to the REAL games. 

1 minute ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

I remember the realist vs rose colored glasses through the drought years. I was the realist as well quite the pessimistic. not hopeless, just basically believed if I did not see change, it was just going to remain the same. the 7-9 years, those were some of the worst times, a lot of hopelessness and realist trying to convince the hopeful to take off the glasses.

these are different times and changed my perspective and although the team, I say team because they only succeed as a unit, has had its struggles/hurdles, it still puts up a fight. they have been less starters on both sides, especially defense, that has given them the biggest hurdle yet. injuries should not be an excuse, next man up but I believe we all know without key players, this unit struggles. I have not given up hope nor  would try and convince anyone as yourself and your realist opinion of what the future holds for this team. I admit I don't have the same feel going in to games that they win the game like that of the kelly era but JA has given me a sense of they have a great chance with his leading the team/offense. 

can't explain his game the last couple weeks but I believe, healthy, he gives them a good chance at postseason and beyond. it is a drag, but one of those deals it is what it is but injuries have set them back as a top contender yet they still hold a 6-2 record (you are what your record says you are) and a home game ahead against a decent vikings team.

The Bills are not fun to watch, they are frustrating to watch!

why watch?

this has been the best watch for me as an old die hard fan as far as team in quite some time. so I'm in for the ride and will save any serious criticism, if warranted,  after the final results of the season/postseason?

only played 8 games. 6-2

31 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Wow

51 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I truly believe it's a lack of focus that accounts for sloppiness and a missing "edge"

Same thing happened last year. Remember the Schopps of the world gleefully having the stat geeks on to talk about Allen's "regression"? He was good, but there were stretches where it got a bit ugly and seemed like the offense was broken. 

Then, the playoffs started and we never seemed to punt and Allen and the offense looked unstoppable. 

IMO, we're to the point where most regular season games are games to get through without injuries and a W so that we can get to the REAL games. 

Yeah, whatever they did at half time of the Bucs game last year, they need to repeat.  Josh needs to get his head (and elbow) right....but also need to get the running game in gear and have Davis and McKenzie get squared away.

For as sloppy as Josh was Sunday -- and, make no mistake, both interceptions were not only bad but came at the most inopportune times -- he was quite clutch on that final ill-fated drive.

-- Hits Diggs on the sidelines with a laser to set up at midfield -- let down by holding call on Dawkins (which IMHO was bogus).

-- Now first and 20, comes back with a 18-yard strike to make it a manageable 2nd and 2.

-- Horrible non-block leads to blind-side hit and injured elbow. And a loss of 19 yards.

-- On 4th down play -- and with an injured elbow -- tosses perfect 70-yard pass to Davis, which is dropped. (I also believe that Davis was interfered with on that play)

With more help form teammates and less egregious officiating, the Bills likely tie the game, if not outright win with a late TD.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Very interesting.   Their record in close games is excellent so we shall see if they are real or pretenders. 

A healthy Allen and I am confident.  A limited Allen, or no Allen, and this is a close game.   

That's why I'm kinda bummed about Allen's injury.  Even if he plays, I'd be shocked if he's the guy we got used to watching prior to these last 6 quarters, so I was really looking forward to this game as an opportunity to "put it all behind us" and get back on track, until it became apparent that Allen's injury was likely going to impact this game.  Granted, there is still a chance for this to happen.  And if it does, maybe that makes an even bigger statement if Allen starts and has a gutsy performance coming off a scary injury.  Maybe even takes the lead back in the MVP race?   But yeah, I don't know, with Allen at 100%, I really saw this as the Bills winning in a blowout.  I felt confident about the matchup, I felt confident about the Vikings being the beneficiary of an easy schedule, and in contrast, I was worried the entire week about the Jets (I figured we would win, but they'd keep it close, because their defense is underrated and matchup up well against Bills).   Plus, I liked the home field advantage this week.   

Would be a dang shame to waste this opportunity, but... if there is ANY risk of making Allen's situation worse... we've gotta start Keenum.

Who knows?  Maybe it can be like the infamous Barkley vs. Jets game a few years ago that basically cemented Barkley's status as the Bills #2 QB for a couple years thereafter.  Maybe the Keenum return to Minneapolis game would be something like that too?  Never know.

40 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I was really not looking forward to this game. But now that it may be the Epic Keenum-Diggs Revenge Fantasy blockbuster we’ve all been waiting for, count me in!

I hope JA is ok and plays, but part of me is curious what Keenum would look like with the starting O. Not saing he is better then JA or anything like that, but I am curious what it looks like.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Last three games?

He was 27/40, 329 passing yards with 3 TD and no INT in a winning effort on the road in KC.

Average as f*ck.  

To quote uncle Charlie:

"That's a bad white boy!"

image.png.d5d9335046e53564cce931ff78864478.png

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

He probably meant that Allen was average during bye...

It’s true that he didn’t really WOW me.  🤷‍♂️

…but he did go to a baseball game. 

Edited by Augie

6 hours ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

rachel dratch television GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

It won’t be pretty behind that OL

That’s my biggest concern too, if Allen plays. Our O-Line is average at best. It doesn’t do Allen many favors, and he’s usually able to mask it. 

Will also be interesting to see Vikings D game plan. Seems every team gives Allen the short passes and tries to takeaway the deep balls and chunk plays. If he’s gimpy, wonder if they’ll stack box and take away the running game and short passes… essentially making Allen have to go deep to beat them…

I remember a game against the Vikings in 1982. That was a strike shortened year. It was week 2 and the Bills fell behind big but rallied for a 23-22 victory to improve to 2-0. Unfortunately, that was it for football for a while. I think they resumed in Nov and the Bills finished 4-5 that year.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I remember a game against the Vikings in 1982. That was a strike shortened year. It was week 2 and the Bills fell behind big but rallied for a 23-22 victory to improve to 2-0. Unfortunately, that was it for football for a while. I think they resumed in Nov and the Bills finished 4-5 that year.

Yep, great game! Iirc, it was a very rare Thursday night game.

McDermott giving his typical no info-info on Allen. “Day to Day” but not practicing..🤦‍♂️ Milano’s tummy ache is better and he’s practicing.

Edited by Chandler#81

Any injury to Josh’s throwing arm is a potential disaster. In my struggle to find anything positive out of the disgusting last 6 quarters, it’s that if Josh can play, maybe he and Dorsey will be forced to emphasize the short game more. Josh has been forcing it for 6 quarters. He’s giving up the easy short stuff again for tight window throws on bracketed receivers further down the field. If he can play, I don’t think the game plan will be constant downfield throws. Heck, Dorsey may even be forced to run the ball a little. I’ll say it again, this team needs an effective running game to go far in the playoffs. They abandon it too quickly and IDK if that’s Josh switching up the plays or Dorsey being pass happy. The O needs to be fixed quick and that includes putting receivers on the field who actually catch the damn ball. I’m getting sick of Davis dropping balls that a competent #2 would catch. I love his potential but I hate that he has a breakout game then disappears for 3-4 games then pops up again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.