On to Minnesota (get this game in the rear view mirror!)

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Edmunds questionable now too? Wtf. Hopefully Tre White is able to go with Elam in doubt 

How effective can Tre be if he plays. He hasn't played in a game in about a year. To ask him to take on a heavy workload right away is probably unrealistic.

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

How effective can Tre be if he plays. He hasn't played in a game in about a year. To ask him to take on a heavy workload right away is probably unrealistic.

I would like to optimistically assume he would be equal to, if not better than, a rookie 7th round pick who has played 8 games and is banged up. I mean, injury or not, he is an all-pro with multiple seasons in this system. How effective can he be? Very. 

As far as work load, despite what many posters seem to think, I imagine when he comes back, it won’t be in a limited capacity

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I would like to optimistically assume he would be equal to, if not better than, a rookie 7th round pick who has played 8 games and is banged up. I mean, injury or not, he is an all-pro with multiple seasons in this system. How effective can he be? Very. 

As far as work load, despite what many posters seem to think, I imagine when he comes back, it won’t be in a limited capacity

I hope you are right.

55 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Edmunds questionable now too? Wtf. Hopefully Tre White is able to go with Elam in doubt 

Benford was the starter before he got hurt so it may not be a huge loss. Elam has been improving but still hasn't been phenomenal or anything.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Well that's pretty huge.

Not that you ever root for injuries, but since we'll be missing key defenders, it's nice to see that they will, too. Levels the playing field a bit.

We're missing half a team, they're missing two players. I don't like this trade off. 😂

I think White could suit up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Lol.  I dont think that will be the case though.  They have to call Barkley up by 4pm Saturday.  I dont think they waste the game spot on him if they dont need him.  If he is called up then Allen like is not playing.

We'll know by tomorrow at 4.  If Barkley doesn't get activated,  Josh is playing. 

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We'll know by tomorrow at 4.  If Barkley doesn't get activated,  Josh is playing. 

that is what I think too.  I guess its also possible that Keenum starts and they use Josh as the backup.  Not likely in that scenario but possible.  I doubt they dress 3 QBs though.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

that is what I think too.  I guess its also possible that Keenum starts and they use Josh as the backup.  Not likely in that scenario but possible.  I doubt they dress 3 QBs though.

Wasnt Micah Hyde our emergency QB? I wonder who that would be now, if they lose both activated QBs…

Dawson Knox?

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If Keenum starts it makes sense to activate Barkley, even if they plan to use Josh as Back Up. If they're starting Keenum then, logically, they may only want to use Josh for a handful of series at most. If something happens early on to Keenum, they're in a position where there'd be throwing Josh into a situation they had been looking to avoid.

For me, if Barkely isn't activated, then they're 99% certain that Josh is fit enough to start.

39 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Wasnt Micah Hyde our emergency QB? I wonder who that would be now, if they lose both activated QBs…

Dawson Knox?

No idea.  I heard Von Miller could do a few things at QB 😃

38 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If Keenum starts it makes sense to activate Barkley, even if they plan to use Josh as Back Up. If they're starting Keenum then, logically, they may only want to use Josh for a handful of series at most. If something happens early on to Keenum, they're in a position where there'd be throwing Josh into a situation they had been looking to avoid.

For me, if Barkely isn't activated, then they're 99% certain that Josh is fit enough to start.

Yeah I agree with that.  That is my line of thinking.  No Barkley activation means Josh is playing most likely.

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Awesome video to watch

I still think it’s oversimplifying the situation calling diggs for Jefferson a trade cuz it depended on Philly straight up blowing it with the reagor pick for it to work out that way haha 

Jefferson should’ve gone to Philly and the diggs trade should have been a steal 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

33 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

because football is a violent game and every year players get bigger, stronger, and faster

the NFL season is a war of attrition

This is true to some extent, but 3 things remain true.

1. Our injury report has been longer than our opponent’s every week, pretty sure.

2. this is the most adversity we have dealt with injury-wise in probably 4-5 years.  For the record, it’s also one of the reasons last years loss against KC was so difficult for me to get over. Even with the Tre White injury, I knew it would be asking a lot for our team to be as healthy as it was in 2021.  For instance, this team is 8-0 most likely if Poyer and Hyde were as healthy as last year. 

3. In the meantime, KC seems to continue to be as lucky as they always are, injury wise. And when they do have injuries they are short term. As far as the guys on IR, I think our situation would look a lot more promising if Hyde’s injury were short term like we initially thought. He is not as replaceable as a guy like Jamison Crowder, for instance, where even though slot WR is a weakness on this offense, there is reason to believe we can figure something out in the passing game by the time the playoffs start.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

You know why we are getting hammered with injuries this year?   B/C we have had very few the last few years.

It's all random and it was always going to even out with the passage of time.

Kind of like "turnover ratio" that thing evens out over time too.

Find the team this year that has the most takeaways, there's my guess for who will have the least next year. 

It evens out with time.

Whether Keenum is in there or not, Buffalo needs to show the NFL world that they are still a top dog in the NFL and that an opposing team winning in Orchard Park is a very difficult thing to do.  The Bills need to get their swag back in this one.  Forcing multiple turnovers would help.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

You know why we are getting hammered with injuries this year?   B/C we have had very few the last few years.

Find the team this year that has the most takeaways, there's my guess for who will have the least next year. 

It evens out with time.

Agree to an extent.  If it's truly random, having a lot of injuries in one year has no impact on injuries in the next year.  It's only when you look at 5 or 10 years will you see evidence potentially of a random pattern.  Keep in mind the "gambler's fallacy" - Just because the roulette wheel hit black three times in a row doesn't mean red is more likely on the next spin . . . Sorry, the economist in me is coming out a bit here!!  All that said, I hope we are nearing the end of this brutal injury bug!!  WTF!!

Edited by TheWei44

It evens out with time.

Regression to the mean. 

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the injury report this year is absurd. 

I think this has plagued just about every team in the league too. Not sure why.

Not a shock that one team has been relatively unscathed.  

That team has also had an incredibly easy schedule. 

They are currently undefeated. 

• Agree 1

It evens out with time.

Eagles I think.

and this makes a ton of sense…the law of averages. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.