On to Minnesota (get this game in the rear view mirror!)

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

lol the Vikings are like 19 games up in their division. There would be nothing “heartbreaking” about it at all for them if they lost.

Yeah they are coasting to their division title...most uncompetitive division in the NFL.

I noticed that we have a bunch of starters [including BOTH of our Right Tackles] on the injury report. 

Is this a change in training methods, or just the law of averages catching up to the Bills, who have been "relatively" healthy the past two seasons.  Just wondering?

Allen, Edmunds, Poyer, Rousseau, Brown, Elam, Jackson, Milano, Quessenberry all DNP or Limited and not on Vet Rest

11 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I noticed that we have a bunch of starters [including BOTH of our Right Tackles] on the injury report. 

Is this a change in training methods, or just the law of averages catching up to the Bills, who have been "relatively" healthy the past two seasons.  Just wondering?

Allen, Edmunds, Poyer, Rousseau, Brown, Elam, Jackson, Milano, Quessenberry all DNP or Limited and not on Vet Rest

Guess work here, but I think it’s just the law of averages. The same strength and conditioning staff has been here for a while and injuries will happen regardless of how hard you work on stretching and conditioning.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

They have been the healthiest team in the NFL since McD has been here...by a mile...80+ games over the 2nd place Rams and 400-500 over the worst teams during that time frame.  The vast majority of the injuries have been ankles and I am not sure if there is any method to prevent those.

They are still doing well at preventing the ones you can prevent like soft tissue injuries(hamstring pulls, etc)

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Are you referring to Chris Brown on One Bills Live, or who?

It's true that Davis doesn't seem to be able (so far) to be stepping into the role of a #2 WR.  He is hit-or-miss.

I have to respectfully disagree that Josh is not taking the checkdowns "like ever". 

First of all if we look at this Bills receiver table I put up elsewhere (if you click it gets larger) we see that Singletary and Cook together have the 2nd most targets on the team.  I think 80% of those are checkdowns in the flat.  I didn't put up YBC and YAC stats, but for Singletary, 12 YBC and 195 YAC confirm this.

image.thumb.png.a4d8cfec3be6f8715f6463b6a08b0cee.png

Where I think there's a better point to be made, is that Josh seems to overlook the almost sure shot to the NFL-open receiver on the short or intermediate route (TE, RB, WR) who is short of the chains or EZ but open enough, especially immediately, to have a very good chance of making the 1st down or making the score - or at least leaving us in 3rd and short instead of 3rd and 10.   If it's Diggs, he'll take it because "when you have a guy like Diggs on your team you have to find ways to get him the ball", but Diggs usually isn't that open.

I think it's a fair point you make that we don't have a true #2 or "big catch" slot guy any more, although, last year Beasley seemed to be pissed off about being targeted when he was going to be "lit up" by 2 or more guys.  IN THEORY, Knox should be able to be "open when he's covered" across the middle, somewhat like Kelce is.  I also have a hunch that the guys not named Diggs who are playing the slot are open a lot more than they're targeted.

Yes, Chris Brown. To be fair, he was talking about the Jets game. 

I think JA has regression moments when he does have this problem. I specifically think it's something he got over after that TB game...but has lumped back into it this year.

Josh hasn't had a game this year where his depth of target was over 8.9 yds (except Pitt where it was bombs away in a good way) until the last 2 weeks where it was over 12 yds. (per WGR).

He has forgotten that you fight the 2 deep zone with taking the short stuff until they do something to stop it. We have 3 really good pass catching backs, and Diggs who is great at those quick hit passes. We need to get back to that, and take your shots when they are available.

• Like (+1) 1

Case went 2-0 as a starter last year. He's capable of winning games. If half our defense wasn't injured I'd actually feel confident we could win the next three games even with him at QB. 

Injuries are killing us. 

Is Benford still in a club? So we're looking at a potential secondary of Hamlin, Johnson Jackson and one handed Benford?

While also missing one or two LBs and starting DE?

JFC.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Case went 2-0 as a starter last year. He's capable of winning games. If half our defense wasn't injured I'd actually feel confident we could win the next three games even with him at QB. 

Injuries are killing us. 

Is Benford still in a club? So we're looking at a potential secondary of Hamlin, Johnson Jackson and one handed Benford?

Sheesh.

Against one of the teams with a group of top offensive weapons in the NFL.  Yeah...not a great time for it.

If Elam is out, I would expect Tre to be active and rotate with Benford across from Dane. If Edmunds is out, I’ll expect Dodson to take his place. With poyer, if he’s out it will be interesting to see how they work in Marlowe who is now listed as poyer’s backup on the bills website instead of Jaquan 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm prepared to not see Josh, Poyer or Greg until after Thanksgiving. 

Just win one of the next three games. Please.

If this team can go into December healthy they are definitely capable of winning the last 6 games.

But getting healthy seems like it would take a miracle at this point.

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You watch this, and it's plain they know nothing in terms of facts.  They basically repeat the same stuff as Dr. Chao has in his video.   "It sounds" actually means "I'm guessing."  I suspect his guess is right, but I hate rank speculation masquerading as "facts." But that's the state of media for you.  Graziano is no Walter Cronkite.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just looking in from the outside, this makes sense to me.

I can't imagine he'd play this Sunday (too soon and too much at risk) and then it's a question of how quickly can he move beyond the injury.

2 games minimum, 3 or 4 max seems about right.

I guess he could come back after only 1 missed game, but that seems like wishful thinking to me.

The human body needs SOME time to heal up after something like this.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Agree 1

We will likely be without Rousseau and Poyer when we have to face Dalvin Cook and Nick Chubb over our next two games. Without Allen leading the offense that's a tough ask. It's gonna be a bumpy November... I am mentally prepared for it. Just get to the playoffs healthy and anything can happen from there.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

One thing that sucks for all the injuries is that the Bills literally have 3 games to play in 11 days from this Sunday.  Hoping we can get some of the impact players on D back...

We could do with the bye now, rather than in week seven.

Edited by UKBillFan

35 minutes ago, Casey D said:

You watch this, and it's plain they know nothing in terms of facts.  They basically repeat the same stuff as Dr. Chao has in his video.   "It sounds" actually means "I'm guessing."  I suspect his guess is right, but I hate rank speculation masquerading as "facts." But that's the state of media for you.  Graziano is no Walter Cronkite.

The thing is, Graziano is being pretty transparent about the fact that what he's saying is just an educated guess and nothing more.  It's everyone else who's reacting to this as some kind of reporting.

9 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

We could do with the bye now, rather than in week seven.

Well... there is a way this team could earn itself another bye week...

and I don't think it's with this guy:

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Process said:

5 guys went from limited to full, if you're looking for some decent news. 

That's looking much better.  Hopefully Tremaine gets in a practice tomorrow, which would be similar to last week (when he sat out then practiced and played).

Hopefully Tre is ready to return, we need to dress 1 less CB when that happens anyhow...so could be good to let Elam heal.

I'd still consider Josh 50/50, no practice tomorrow and "likely" he's out.  Need a strong defensive effort this week either way.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

If Elam is out, I would expect Tre to be active and rotate with Benford across from Dane. If Edmunds is out, I’ll expect Dodson to take his place. With poyer, if he’s out it will be interesting to see how they work in Marlowe who is now listed as poyer’s backup on the bills website instead of Jaquan 

Marlowe makes sense, I wonder if Lewis is getting anytime at safety this week. I’m assuming not, because it would have been reported…or maybe everyone is distracted with Josh’s elbow and the other injuries.

Man....

With our defense struggling against the run lately, if we are without Rousseau, Edmunds, and Poyer on Sunday, against a team with Dalvin Cook at tailback...

Things could get ugly fast.

Scared Ron Burgundy GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Given today's injury report, it would be a surprise if any of Allen, White, Elam, Poyer, Edmunds, or Rousseau actually play Sunday.

I agree with all but White. What is it about today's injury report that indicates to you anything whatsoever about Tre White?

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The thing is, Graziano is being pretty transparent about the fact that what he's saying is just an educated guess and nothing more.  It's everyone else who's reacting to this as some kind of reporting.

Well... there is a way this team could earn itself another bye week...

and I don't think it's with this guy:

Toss that dream out the window, barring a miracle.

54 minutes ago, Process said:

That's good news but Elam going from Limited to DNP and Edmunds and Poyer still being DNP most certainly is not.

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Just saw that Lee Evans will be the Legend of the Game this week.  Underrated and underappreciated Buffalo Bill.  Can't wait to see Lee lead the charge!!!

Imagine if he could have had Allen throwing him bombs?? Gotta wonder how many players have different career trajectories simply based on who their QB is which is wholly out of their control.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Process said:

I’d be surprised if any of the DNP’s from today play on Sunday. Wouldn’t be shocked if White appeared, though.

1 minute ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

We just can't get healthy. For every guy we get back we loose 3 more. Now 3 games in 11 days, they'll be holding tryouts. Do wonder if they wait on Allen & some others until after the Detroit game, when they get a 10 day break?

We have another Thursday game after the Lions, against the Pats. The ten day break is after that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.