Matt Milano injury?

Simon

If anybody sees any updates, drop them here so folks can find it quick.

He's playing out of his mind right now; I'd hate to lose him for any length of time.

All I know is that it was reported as an oblique injury. Did he finish the game? I was pretty tuned out by the time it was over.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's playing out of his mind right now; I'd hate to lose him for any length of time.

All I know is that it was reported as an oblique injury. Did he finish the game? I was pretty tuned out by the time it was over.

All I saw was an oblique issue that needed further evaluation.

had to look that injury up.

What Does an Oblique Injury Feel Like?

Oblique injury refers to the injury to any of the oblique muscles, internal oblique or external oblique, which are located on the outer surface of the sides of the abdomen.

Mild oblique injuries, such as oblique strains, resolve in one to two weeks with typical treatment that involves:

Resting is an important part of treatment in the initial 7 to 10 days.

19 minutes ago, Simon said:

He finished the game...first I heard of it was in McD's Presser today 

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Abdominal muscle injury?  That's one that most of us TBD posters don't have to worry about.

Clearly his own fault for having abdominal muscles in the first place. I’m feeling pretty safe here in my recliner. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 15

23 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Abdominal muscle injury?  That's one that most of us TBD posters don't have to worry about.

I've had an oblique strain before and OMG is it painful...literally almost cannot sit down or stand up let alone turn or change directions...

I have no idea how those players play through them. I assume they gotta get shot up prior to games.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

He played 100% of the snaps

44 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I've had an oblique strain before and OMG is it painful...literally almost cannot sit down or stand up let alone turn or change directions...

I have no idea how those players play through them. I assume they gotta get shot up prior to games.

Diigs played through an oblique injury end of last season/playoffs

2 hours ago, Simon said:

2nd half not exciting enough ;)

4 hours ago, Simon said:

Please define “pretty tuned out.”

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Believe it or not, you still have these muscles, even if they are buried under 25 pounds of pure blubber!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

Why? Seems like he plays great in those games. If it motivates him to go harder than do he it. As long as he’s not drawing flags and hurting the team.

Stef likes to play pissed off.  WR's are a different breed, they're like comedians in the sense that there's the rest of the world and then there's them.  They're sensitive, high strung and twitchy dudes with a crazy tough job.   

Milano plays so intense he hurts people cleanly. That one tackle on the AJ Dillion was nasty. I didn’t think it was dirty rather completing the tackle to the ground. Milano needs to put in 100% to make tackles on dudes his sIze or bigger. What a damn good player. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

You can’t play as hard as Milano without getting banged up every game. He throws himself around out there like a missile.

Seriously.  He’s his biggest obstacle in becoming a Hall of Famer.  If we can pull off 2-3 titles and he keeps playing like this- he’s got a shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Milano is starting to get some love from the media, but no where near where it is deserved.  I love how TV guys always look to the script and say "he's one of the best coverage backers".  While that is true and should be mentioned, have they watched this guy tackle??  He is one of the best linebackers, PERIOD.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.