Week 8: SNF Packers at Bills (-10.5) 10/30 8:20pm

Process

11 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Veneer came off of Rodgers awhile ago. Big ego guy getting a cruel comeuppance. 

“Awhile ago”…like when exactly, 2 weeks ago? Rodgers was league MVP the past two seasons. 4 MVPs in total and a championship (+Super Bowl MVP) - your comeuppance isn’t very cruel at this point.

I read today that Aaron Rodgers has never been a double digit underdog in his career.

Against the Chiefs, it was first time that Mahomes was an underdog at home and Allen became the first QB to beat him in Arrowhead twice.

The game before that they were 14 point favorites over the Steelers.  The Steelers' largest spread in like 50 years and the Bills still crushed that.

What a time to be alive and a fan of the Bills.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It's time for the Bills to have an unmitigated domination-type win. 

And I know that we've "dominated" plenty to this point-- But so far all of our blowouts have been marred by unforced errors, turnovers and sloppy play. I want to see the Bills play a complete game over an inferior opponent where the play is crisp and we don't ever shoot ourselves in the foot. A team this good has to be able to do that! 

• Like (+1) 1

Green Bay struggles to score 2 TDs a game on offense, although their defense is decent. 

I say Bills by 14, since Green Bay will come in desperate.

I will also say one other thing about GB: if they get healthy at WR and the rookies develop a bit, going into the playoffs as an underdog (assuming they make it) might be better than the odds on favorite, because they choke every year in that spot. 

They could be a sneaky dangerous team in the NFC tournament, and remember 7 NFC teams will make it in! 

Edited by TheFunPolice

5 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

It's time for the Bills to have an unmitigated domination-type win. 

And I know that we've "dominated" plenty to this point-- But so far all of our blowouts have been marred by unforced errors, turnovers and sloppy play. I want to see the Bills play a complete game over an inferior opponent where the play is crisp and we don't ever shoot ourselves in the foot. A team this good has to be able to do that! 

Poor Collingsworth if it is a Bills blowout. You know he is going to want to be a Rodgers cheerleader all night. I guess he will have to switch to Allen then.

Buffalo seems to struggle in the first half of games this season. They may score on the first possession but then they slow down with unforced errors. This game will be a lot like that I think.

I expect a close game in the first half, then once again, get rolling in the third quarter and blow them out.

The Packers are playing with their lives on the line Sunday night and the Bills are rolling out of bed after the bye week.

I expect GB to jump on us and the Bills to fall behind early.,  but eventually take control in the 3rd Qtr.    I see something like a 31-20 final for Buf.

Green Bay's defense is supposed to be good and are underachieving, so we'll see.

• Haha (+1) 1

After 13 seconds I don’t think Bills will take anybody lightly and there is no such thing as a trap game to this roster. 

Shooting themselves in the foot has happened a lot this season though, hopefully the bye gets that ***** out of their system. 

12 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Packers are playing with their lives on the line Sunday night and the Bills are rolling out of bed after the bye week.

I expect GB to jump on us and the Bills to fall behind early.,  but eventually take control in the 3rd Qtr.    I see something like a 31-20 final for Buf.

Green Bay's defense is supposed to be good and are underachieving, so we'll see.

I doubt it. They simply aren't very good.

Edited by Big Turk

Our D-line is playing at a high level, If Bakhtiari is out, their O-Line is mostly JAG's or less - Rodgers will not have a lot of time to get his plays off.  Edmunds & Jones  have been playing well, which impacts the GB run game.  Hoping Eddie O is mending from his bum ankle. Be interesting to see if Tre White is active for this game even in a spot role.

54 minutes ago, Airseven said:

“Awhile ago”…like when exactly, 2 weeks ago? Rodgers was league MVP the past two seasons. 4 MVPs in total and a championship (+Super Bowl MVP) - your comeuppance isn’t very cruel at this point.

By his veneer off meant his “me” side was exposed, yes a great QB, but it is ugly there in GB.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Green Bay struggles to score 2 TDs a game on offense, although their defense is decent. 

I say Bills by 14, since Green Bay will come in desperate.

I will also say one other thing about GB: if they get healthy at WR and the rookies develop a bit, going into the playoffs as an underdog (assuming they make it) might be better than the odds on favorite, because they choke every year in that spot. 

They could be a sneaky dangerous team in the NFC tournament, and remember 7 NFC teams will make it in! 

Time to place s nice eager on the pack to win the NFC!

5 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

"Shoot, this might be the best thing for us."  kind of feels like the time someone on this board said losing the next game gave us the best chance of making the playoffs.

Rodgers probably just started a thread on the packers forum about how beating afc teams hurts their playoff chances 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I know, I know..."Any Given Sunday"...

But it's hard for me to see how this Bills team, which is now pretty healthy and has never lost coming off a bye week under coach McDermott and is playing at home...is going to lose to this absolutely below average Packers team.

Bills have the 2nd ranked scoring offense going against the 15th ranked scoring defense.
Bills have the 1st ranked scoring defense going against the 23rd ranked scoring offense.

Bills are better at just about every position across the board, including -- right this moment, at least -- at quarterback.

I don't see this being one of those close games that has you biting your nails. I see this being one of those "Case Keenum is playing the 4th quarter" games.

On 10/21/2022 at 7:16 PM, strive_for_five_guy said:

Aaron Rodgers is gonna fold up like a cheap suit against our Defense at home in Primetime.  He’ll be moaning and pissing the whole time, and blame the organization afterward for leaving him with no weapons.  

Moats should be player of the game to remind Rodgers what can happen when Green Bay Packers face Bills.

• Haha (+1) 1

Bills are 5-0 and have never lost after the bye week under McDermott...although the games are not typically blowouts either...

They have won by 3,3,10,10, and 11 points after byes.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/10/23/23418830/buffalo-bills-undefeated-post-bye-games-sean-mcdermott

Edited by Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bills are 5-0 and have never lost after the bye week under McDermott...although the games are not typically blowouts either...

They have won by 3,3,10,10, and 11 points after byes.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/10/23/23418830/buffalo-bills-undefeated-post-bye-games-sean-mcdermott

Sounds like we've won by more points as the team has gotten better.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Moats should be player of the game to remind Rodgers what can happen when Green Bay Packers face Bills.

If that hit happened today, Moats gets flagged for a penalty for landing with his weight on the body of the QB, probably ejected, fined and possibly suspended.

On a completely clean hit.  it's wild how defensive linemen and LB's are playing a different game these days.

Edited by Big Turk

Sharp money in Vegas is coming in on the Packers.  Public betting super lopsided on the Bills.  Just seeing the narratives that the Bills are going to obliterate the Packers makes me uneasy.  Rodgers covers as an underdog the majority of the time and his back is against the wall.  The Packers defense is also built to stop the pass and has the #1 defense in yards per game.  They are also a relatively efficient red zone defense.  

Bills big blowout wins have been against teams that are built to run and struggle to pass, with the exception of the Rams.  Difference between Packers and Rams are Rams are horrifically inefficient in the red zone, while the Packers are more efficient than the Bills.  

Essentially I’m saying the Packers have the capability to shorten this game, with a strong pass defense, good run game and capable QB play. The Bills will also be incentivized to run the ball as it’s Green Bay’s biggest weakness.  

counter argument to this of course is they lost to the Jets by 17. my counter point is if you look at the box score the Jets should have never won by 17.  Blocked punt for a TD.  Awful passing numbers.  We also don’t have a home run threat on the ground like Breece Hall

I suspect this to be low scoring, and the Packers to keep it within 7-10.   Bills win though.  Something like 24-14. 

To be clear I don’t think there’s any way the Bills lose, nor do I think it will “feel” close. I just think the 10.5 is a suckers bet and all the fans saying they want to tease it to 17 or 21 points are nuts.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.