Week 8: SNF Packers at Bills (-10.5) 10/30 8:20pm

Process

33 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Great leader

What do you think is wrong with that? Sounds like he's holding himself and everyone else accountable.

If Josh Allen came out after a loss and said "we're committing too many mental mistakes" I would have no problem with that.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

First thing I guess we all want to know is an injury report and a Tre White status.

If he is activated, then Cam is the obvious cut.  In a perfect world Tre could get some snaps when the Bills are up

in the 4th and he can ease his way back into playing.

If I was asking a question to McDermott on injuries I would add if any news on Boettger and Stevenson too.

Probably smart to keep Packers guessing about Tre's status this week, have until Sat at 4pm to activate for this week. 

Coach hasn't commented recently on Ike, unless I missed it.  But he did say Speedy "wasn't close" to returning, about 2-3 weeks ago.  Be curious what unfolds with him, staff likes him but might not have a roster spot.

As far as Cam, I think Micahs injury cemented him on the roster this year.  He's technically our 4th safety/can play outside CB or nickle in a pinch.  I think more likely to see Bryant or Hodgins released (if Jake is healthy).  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

What do you think is wrong with that? Sounds like he's holding himself and everyone else accountable.

If Josh Allen came out after a loss and said "we're committing too many mental mistakes" I would have no problem with that.

The first thing he said when critiquing the game was that someone had it Aaron's highest gradest game, then a lot of drops, a few missed throws, behind the sticks, lot of drops.

50 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

What I'm used to hearing with Josh Allen is "we have to play better...starting with me" and a good sprinkling of "I".

Aaron talks about players taking ownership of their preparation, owning their mistakes.... he talks about "we"...maybe I missed it but I didn't hear any talk about "I", about what he has to do differently.

Again, could just be me, but I didn't hear that.  He also seemed very detached, almost disinterested.

21 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

A-A-ron is going to ball out.  We'll need our A game to win.  Hope we're not looking past this.  We don't need a Jags type game from last year.

Don't you think he would have balled out against Washington coming off back to back losses to both NY teams. GB just isn't that good. If the Bills play their game they will win and it doesn't matter what Rodgers does.

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

A-A-ron is going to ball out.  We'll need our A game to win.  Hope we're not looking past this.  We don't need a Jags type game from last year.

I share your concern.  Every season the Bills lose one or two games that they should have dominated.  We need to avoid those mental lapses if we want to have home field throughout the playoffs.

Focus! Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Not really.  They played all cupcakes until then. Bears, Broncos, Panthers, Seahawks, Falcons, Rams.  Not exactly a murders row of offenses there.

And the Packers have played the murderers row of offenses? Anyway, the 49ers defense is looked upon with respect. Or was.

Edited by Beast

39 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Don't you think he would have balled out against Washington coming off back to back losses to both NY teams. GB just isn't that good. If the Bills play their game they will win and it doesn't matter what Rodgers does.

Yes.  And i guess I'm saying things will shift for them soon perhaps against us.  So we shouldn't take them lightly.   Even if they play their best we should win.  If we Breeze through we could get donkey punched.

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Like essentially the rest of the schedule.

Exactly. Based on the way the league looks right now relative to the Chiefs, Bills and Iggles, every game can be considered a "trap" game by those who believe in such. I truly do not think that this Bills team overlooks a damn game this year. They are single-minded and focused solely on excellence every week. The leadership is balanced with the quality of players on the field and it's not an option to do anything other than win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I thought it was actually the opposite the way I saw it.  Actually not holding himself accountable at all and giving zero credit to the opponent 

On 10/18/2022 at 5:02 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Vegas cannot get the public to bet against the Bills. This is a desperate move to try to get them to jump on it 

I think they’re having the problem they had with the prime Patriots*. It’s almost impossible for them to hang a number that won’t get bet. 

I think this week the Pack are really going to try and get Jones and Dillon going. Probably their best two players on Offense. 

So our Run D is going to need to be stout. Then if we can get up a few scores on them and take those two out of the game it will be over. I think I want the Packers to be forced to pass..I’m just not impressed with their wideouts enough to think they can hurt us. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

45 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

Hopefully we can wipe the floor with the packers so we can be the best team in the league again…. since the chiefs beat the overrated 3-3 9ers 44-22 now there the best team in the league again didn’t you know….

Yes, if asked what their "quality win" of the year is, the response would be them beating a team with a losing record(Who have lost to the Bears, Falcons & Broncos). They haven't beat a good team yet this year and lost to a team that's in the bottom third of the league.

meanwhile the bills still rank number one through the bye.

https://www.nfl.cNFL Power Rankings, Week 8: Cowboys hit top five; Packers' plunge continues into bottom half of leagueom/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-8-2022-nfl-season

Rank 1 

BUF

Buffalo Bills 5-1

Previous rank: No. 1

Josh Allen comes out of the Week 7 bye as a strong contender -- and perhaps the early favorite -- in the NFL MVP race. Allen was once again locked in during Week 6's massive conference showdown with the Chiefs at Arrowhead, throwing for 329 yards and three touchdowns in a 24-20 win. He was the only QB to have three games with 300 yards and at least three passing scores in the season's first six weeks. As has been the case for most of the season, Allen was largely unstoppable when attacking defenses downfield: According to Next Gen Stats, Allen went 9-for-10 with 204 yards, three scores and a perfect passer rating of 158.3 on throws of at least 15 air yards against Kansas City. Dominance against elite competition is the stuff of MVPs

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I thought it was actually the opposite the way I saw it.  Actually not holding himself accountable at all and giving zero credit to the opponent 

He said they didn't do anything special schematically, they just had some really good players who made plays. Then he says "we made too many mental mistakes." 

Some people just want to project their views of Aaron Rodgers onto that simple statement of fact.

Acknowledging their mental mistakes means they're looking inward at how to improve, which is what good teams and leaders have to do. It's what Josh and the Bills do.

If we come out focused and ready to go Sunday night, it could get ugly quick.  The Packers have not been playing well.  Their WRs are banged up.  Their offensive line has been struggling at times to protect Rodgers.  On top of that, Rodgers has been holding the ball longer this year than he ever has before.  He is taking sacks and hits.  If our defense comes out on fire, Rodgers could be in for a very long (or short) night.

The good news is that even if the Packers play well by their standard on offense, I don't think they will be able to keep up with us on offense.  Even if we start slow, I fully expect us to make some big plays like we we do every week and get into the upper 20s or 30s.  I don't expect our defense to give up that many points to this team.  So, while it could be ugly and more of a struggle than we would like, I still see us winning by 2 scores in the end.  That said, if we come out of the gate hot and the defense starts flying around, we could boat-race them by the 3rd quarter as we've done to a couple other teams this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.