Week 8: SNF Packers at Bills (-10.5) 10/30 8:20pm

Process

Just listened to Frazier's press conference. 

To be honest, he sounds more concerned about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers than he did about Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

I hope Frazier won't be a "prisoner of his past".  While Frazier was DC and then HC of the Vikings, Rodgers and the Packers pretty much stole his lunch money and beat him up on a regular basis (4-10-1 record).    This is not the same team, nor is Aaron Rodgers the same QB

3 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I think this week the Pack are really going to try and get Jones and Dillon going. Probably their best two players on Offense. 

So our Run D is going to need to be stout. Then if we can get up a few scores on them and take those two out of the game it will be over. I think I want the Packers to be forced to pass..I’m just not impressed with their wideouts enough to think they can hurt us. 

We have the best run defense in football. I hope they try and force it. 

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

The only acceptable answer to this is Reese’s. 

How do you pronounce that? 

https://m.facebook.com/LaughsTVShow/videos/reeses-pieces/603798239829007/

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

How do you pronounce that?

😄It sure as ***** isn’t “Reesies.” Never understood how people got there with that pronunciation. It’s literally the last name of the guy who invented it - Reese. It’s his (i.e., Reese’s) PB cup, so possessive apostrophe. 

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

This is the flex they are going with for GB???  Really???  Shut out a rookie in his 3rd game while playing in GB.  I'm sure that hasn't happened before.

They had to come up with a mirror to "the Packers have never won in Buffalo."  There isnt all that much to come up with.

20 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

😄It sure as ***** isn’t “Reesies.” Never understood how people got there with that pronunciation. It’s literally the last name of the guy who invented it - Reese. It’s his (i.e., Reese’s) PB cup, so possessive apostrophe. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ll be honest I still fear Aaron Rodgers. Sunday night, you know Rodgers will come to play. They have a very good defense.

It’s not going to be an easy game at all. 

Maybe it's lack of weapons from previous Packers teams. Obviously losing Adams hurts Rodgers big time. It seems to me on a lesser scale then Brady but Rodgers has declined. Last week Rodgers was 23 of 35 for 194 yards with 2 TD's and 0 Int's. That isn't a bad day but it's not elite level dominant either. That was coming off back to back losses to the Giants and Jets. If the Bills play to their ability they will win and it doesn't matter what kind of night Rodgers has.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Maybe it's lack of weapons from previous Packers teams. Obviously losing Adams hurts Rodgers big time. It seems to me on a lesser scale then Brady but Rodgers has declined. Last week Rodgers was 23 of 35 for 194 yards with 2 TD's and 0 Int's. That isn't a bad day but it's not elite level dominant either. That was coming off back to back losses to the Giants and Jets. If the Bills play to their ability they will win and it doesn't matter what kind of night Rodgers has.

I 100% agree with the bolded part(s). That said, it would be unwise to underestimate Rodgers. He had 6 dropped passes in that game against Washington.

13 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

I 100% agree with the bolded part(s). That said, it would be unwise to underestimate Rodgers. He had 6 dropped passes in that game against Washington.

Wouldn't underestimate him but our D held up fine against Mahomes and a better KC offense. While Tua is no Rodgers the Dolphins have much better receivers then GB. The Bills held Miami to 21 points with a depleted D. The Bills are relatively healthy and our defense is better then Washington's. For the first time in a long time SNF returns to OP. While the raucous crowd won't intimidate a vet like Rodgers it will fire up the Bills even more than usual. Primetime on SNF how could it not.

Edited by Greg S

8 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Do you have a link to the interview? I'd need a little more context in order to know what exactly he was talking about.

AJ Hawk asked him "What did the Commanders do on defense that was surprising to you?"

Rodgers answered "Nothing.  They played Cover 4 almost all game and sprinkled in a few plays where they had weak inserts and a few plays of man to man coverage and that was it."

Edited by Big Turk

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

AJ Hawk asked him "What did the Commanders do on defense that was surprising to you?"

Rodgers answered "Nothing.  They played Cover 4 almost all game and sprinkled in a few plays where they had weak inserts and a few plays of man to man coverage and that was it."

Referring to Cover 3 Insert. Rolling the Safety down into the box to replace an inside backer rather than rolling down outside over #2 to replace an outside backer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.