Bailey Zappe coming for McCorkle’s job?

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Why should Belichick say one way or the other.  Uncertainty keeps his opponents guessing.

Hahaha yea b.c the game plan really changes between the two bad QBs.

He isn't doing it to keep his opponents guessing, he is doing it because he hates the media.

Edited by TBBills

The Patriots are more of a mess than I had ever hoped for, this is great.

It's like they plucked two auto generated QBs scored in the low 70s from Year 2028 in Madden Franchise Mode and their dumb fans are gonna now argue about which one is better as they swirl into 7-10 futility. Bailey Zappe vs Mac Jones. It's already happening. This almost makes the drought worth it. Well about 10 more years of this anyway, but we're off to a good start.

Bailey Zappe vs Mac Jones. Hilarious. Couple of Dick Tracy name villains tossing airballs and crying.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

Bailey Zappe vs Mac Jones. Hilarious. Couple of Dick Tracy name villains tossing airballs and crying.

This has to be one of the best lines I've read around here in a long time.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I watched the game against the Lions. I see why they like Zappe. He made some good throws…. Against the worst defense in football, but still some nice passes.

I thought he had more zip than Jones, but he looks like a little kid on the field. I’m not sure he will hold up to a NFL pounding 

Your mom is the only person I know who can hold up to an NFL pounding. 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

I've watched this Zappe kid the last few weeks and it's hard not to be impressed with what he's done. You can knock Belichik for some of the Pats bad draft picks in recent years but when it comes to QB he certainly has a eye for talent.

Still think Mac Jones is going to be the starter though but if Zappe plays well again this week and the Pats keep winning it will make things very interesting Foxboro.

Just pray to god that they haven't found another late round QB steal in Zappe.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've watched this Zappe kid the last few weeks and it's hard not to be impressed with what he's done. You can knock Belichik for some of the Pats bad draft picks in recent years but when it comes to QB he certainly has a eye for talent.

Still think Mac Jones is going to be the starter though but if Zappe plays well again this week and the Pats keep winning it will make things very interesting Foxboro.

Playing well?  LOL!  He has 1 TD and 1 turnover in each of the 2 games (really 1-3/4) he's played.  Beyond that he's thrown for 164/yards a game.  

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

LOL…pathetic.

51 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Lol they haven't found another late round steal. Zappe has played ok. He made a few good throws but against the worst defense in the league he threw for 188 yards. 

The bigger story is that Belicheck thinks he could be better than McCorkle. Thats more an indictment on Jones than a positive for Zappe IMO

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Lol they haven't found another late round steal. Zappe has played ok. He made a few good throws but against the worst defense in the league he threw for 188 yards. 

The bigger story is that Belicheck thinks he could be better than McCorkle. Thats more an indictment on Jones than a positive for Zappe IMO

More likely it's Belicheat trying to get Corky to play sooner than he's ready to.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Playing well?  LOL!  He has 1 TD and 1 turnover in each of the 2 games (really 1-3/4) he's played.  Beyond that he's thrown for 164/yards a game.  

Now teams are getting some tape on him.  One stat I noticed in his college and NFL games is he is not a runner at all.

He's not that tall either.  Good D's will start to figure him out if he can't keep improving himself.

Let's see how he plays on the road against Cleveland.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

If the 2-3 team keeps winning?

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.