Broadcast team ripping Bflo weather

ProcessTruster

Only saw the replay on NFL+, but caught the broadcast team ripping on WNY weather quite a bit.  What the H?  Seemed like an OK weather day to me.  

I've made this point in the past, anticipating that when the Bills got good, all announcers would have left it to trash WNY weather,  anything to be able to cut down the area.  What's next, Love Canal references?   

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Only saw the replay on NFL+, but caught the broadcast team ripping on WNY weather quite a bit.  What the H?  Seemed like an OK weather day to me.  

I've made this point in the past, anticipating that when the Bills got good, all announcers would have left it to trash WNY weather,  anything to be able to cut down the area.  What's next, Love Canal references?   

Didn't hear them complaining much when the Bills were put on the sunny sideline in Miami to roast for the entire game but that's okay 120 degree heat isn't crappy weather is it now ? 

It is always windy after Oct 1. It is a real thing. The lakes are wide open and cold damn Canadian air. Make cold labatts but….

don’t be upset, don’t deny it. top 3 reason people leave upstate NY. Just a fact, that we live with or adapt

Edited by Since1981

1 minute ago, T master said:

Didn't hear them complaining much when the Bills were put on the sunny sideline in Miami to roast for the entire game but that's okay 120 degree heat isn't crappy weather is it now ? 

For some reason it seems that 100+ heat isn’t universally discussed as being crappy weather in the same way as cold. Yet everyone who experiences that type of heat complains about it nonstop. I do understand hating snow, rain, or dreary weather, but cold and extreme heat are equals imo. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You’re about as sensitive as the Edmunds apologists. Let the criticism fuel your body with energy and free your mind. 

Agree, Damm anyone who says anything remotely negative about Buffalo.

I do know what he's referring to.  It was in regards to the wind, they joked along the lines forget December weather, Sept/Oct is just as bad

17 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

For some reason it seems that 100+ heat isn’t universally discussed as being crappy weather in the same way as cold. Yet everyone who experiences that type of heat complains about it nonstop. I do understand hating snow, rain, or dreary weather, but cold and extreme heat are equals imo. 

I worked in the Fl. heat for 15+ years building swimming pools (if your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough) & i'm here to tell you down in the hole it was 135 degrees on a 98 degree day i'll take the wind any day the snow well a little isn't bad but that kind of heat can literally kill you if you don't hydrate A LOT !! 

It is equally as bad in how it effects our bodies ...

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

extreme heat are equals imo. 

I can drink labatts on my “hot” deck july 4th day or night.  Feb my frozen blue “slushy” wasn’t quite as tasty ;) imo

(Miami heat was seriously bad to play football in but I’m a spectator)

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

I saw the game and thought that Nantz was making a factual reference to several recent Bills home games having bad weather.  I can't independently confirm that Nantz's information was accurate, as I don't know exactly which games he was referring to, but there most certainly have been some rough weather games in Buffalo recently (I'm thinking of the 2 Pats games last year - one with crazy winds and the other with crazy cold).  He was otherwise extremely complimentary of the Bills, Buffalo, and WNY.  I don't see any reason to take offense to anything Nantz said.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

13 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I can drink labatts on my “hot” deck july 4th day or night.  Feb my frozen blue “slushy” wasn’t quite as tasty ;) imo

(Miami heat was seriously bad to play football in but I’m a spectator)

I agree, I love hot weather, but I’m talking about 100 plus degree weather, like the sideline in Miami or Phoenix Arizona in the summer. That isn’t pleasant, tolerable, or good outdoor weather. It’s just as bad as cold imo. I’m cool with a 90 degree day to chill outside, but I’m not hanging around drinking a beer on a 115 degree day in the desert. 

53 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Uhh, Buffalo weather sucks much of the time. Stockholm syndrome if you don’t see it.

• Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Process said:

The weather in Buffalo sucks. Not earth shattering news. 

With that said, I don't remember the announcers mentioning it once other than acknowledging the wind. 

Exactly....tell these broadcasting candy asses to get off their whiny butts and move Lake Erie. Then you'll see the wind diminish. 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

They talked about the bad weather games in Buffalo the past couple of years, which is a fact. Buffalo has had a bunch of bad weather games the past couple of years.

It’s been freakish weather for several games the last couple years. It’s real, not personal, so don’t take it that way. The wind yesterday wasn’t just blowing passes and kicks, it was a challenge on long snaps. The flag was blown stiff every time I saw it. I think it was Nance who said before one kick something like “here we go with another adventure!” 

They are not picking on Buffalo, it was just a real factor. NOT talking about it would be failing to do the job properly. 

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Romo couldn't have been cold, he was sweating from the pits😎

A topic that got equity a bit of attention! 😂 

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

moved to Buffalo for the weather… says no one ever

I actually do know a few that did move back to Buffalo for weather.  They simply hate heat and hot weather  

Buffalo summers are amazingly nice and comfortable.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Romo and Nantz?

If that's who you were listening to, I'd argue you're really over-sensitive. I didn't notice a thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.