MNF- Raiders @ Chiefs 10-10-22

T&C

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m convinced Kelce is a witch.   He doesn’t even run high level routes most of the time … 3 steps and turn, magically defenders repel away from him.  

He's got a knack for finding holes in zones; one of the best you'll ever see.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m convinced Kelce is a witch.   He doesn’t even run high level routes most of the time … 3 steps and turn, magically defenders repel away from him.  

That last drag route on his 4th touchdown he just releases freely off the line and jogs across the end zone without a Raider in sight.

It is baffling...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

That last drag route on his 4th touchdown he just releases freely off the line and jogs across the end zone without a Raider in sight.

It is baffling...

Baffling is exactly the right word for how anybody can lose track of him in the red zone repeatedly.

Putting a freaking bell on him for gawd's sake....

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

Baffling is exactly the right word for how anybody can lose track of him in the red zone repeatedly.

Putting a freaking bell on him for gawd's sake....

Kind of the same way Gretzky and Lemiuex used to find themselves all alone at the side of the net for goals.

They just have a sense of how to find openings...

Whether it's on ice or on the field, they have good instincts for how to drift to open areas and where those areas are going to be.

Essentially they are playing chess while the defenders are playing checkers.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

He shoved a young worker going into the tunnel and knocked him on his ass pretty hard when the kid was just walking by.

Randy Moss 2.0. I don’t see Adams on the raiders for much longer, if they end up 1-6 or worse I guarantee he’ll be requesting for a trade. But it’s his fault for leaving Rodgers for his college lover lol

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

whoa Davante Adams gonna get fined for that

Maybe an overreaction I’m guessing a couple game or just a 1 game suspension could be in play. Punk move on his part

7 minutes ago, eball said:

So I didn’t watch this game…but I see the Raiders gave the Chefs all they wanted.

What are our thoughts?  Shootout?  Can we stop the KC offense?

eball, I hate Kelce.

Honestly he is the safest of safety valves while still being a weapon down field.

Once again this is going to be a good one.

Edit: the ridiculous thing is some nationally will be trying to pump up or over hype the Dallas Philly game for comparison.  It’s not.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

6 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

What I think we're seeing is the NFL keeping certain games from becoming blowouts during primetime games. The goal is to have a close exciting game to maximize viewers for ad revenue. 

When did the penalties start? When the Raiders were up big. Then again when Chiefs got within 3 and Raiders had a chance to change momentum. When did it stop? When the Chiefs took the lead. 

This is not a new concept. The NFL has done this for a while, but they sometimes don't care who wins at the end as long as it's exciting. This is what burned us in the Texans playoff game. 

When it comes to Brady it's a different story. There's something going on behind the scenes there. 

I wonder who’s going to lose their job in this NFL Illuminati Secret Society for failing to execute the ad revenue directive during Bills Rams and Bills Titans.  Perhaps the dental filling referee communication system failed.

Readers:  The Vegas books don’t care who wins, as long as you bet.  The NFL maximizes revenue if officiating is honest and jeopardizes billions of dollars if it manipulates games.   Man walked on the moon.  The earth is round.

Sometimes, bad officiating is just bad officiating.

20 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

eball, I hate Kelce.

Honestly he is the safest of safety valves while still being a weapon down field

I just don’t understand how defenses leave him unaccounted for.  Ever.  It’s mind-boggling, and yet it happens all the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

McDaniels is proving why it took so long for him to get another HC job, he is awful.  The Raiders lost that game, KC didn’t win.  In 5 minutes of game time the Raiders gave the game up on a silver platter 3 times.  What a joke.

I couldn’t agree more, everyone loves blaming Carr. He’s an inconsistent QB who will never take his team to the promised land, but this is a clear step back from recent years. Mahomes owes the LV and Denver front office Christmas gifts for hiring Hackett and McDaniels. NFL teams continue to make really dumb moves sometimes. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

still trying to figure out WHY THE ***** DIDNT THEY KICK THE EXTRA POINT

Especially with last night's situation. There was 4 minutes left when the Raiders made it 30-29. Extra point or not the Raiders still have to go out there and play defense with that much time. Kick the extra point to tie it up and go from there. As it turned out the Raiders did get the ball back but instead of going to OT they lost.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

So I didn’t watch this game…but I see the Raiders gave the Chefs all they wanted.

What are our thoughts?  Shootout?  Can we stop the KC offense?

KC is going to try to put together 16-play drives on us…dinking and dunking, running the ball, and Mahomes scrambling. They don’t throw the ball down the field much anymore. The Raiders actually had success blitzing Mahomes early, but then the Chiefs just wore them out.  

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I wonder who’s going to lose their job in this NFL Illuminati Secret Society for failing to execute the ad revenue directive during Bills Rams and Bills Titans.  Perhaps the dental filling referee communication system failed.

Readers:  The Vegas books don’t care who wins, as long as you bet.  The NFL maximizes revenue if officiating is honest and jeopardizes billions of dollars if it manipulates games.   Man walked on the moon.  The earth is round.

Sometimes, bad officiating is just bad officiating.

Are you saying that if I think that some games are "nudged" that I also believe in flat earth? Listen to yourself. 

41 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Especially with last night's situation. There was 4 minutes left when the Raiders made it 30-29. Extra point or not the Raiders still have to go out there and play defense with that much time. Kick the extra point to tie it up and go from there. As it turned out the Raiders did get the ball back but instead of going to OT they lost.

Exactly, they let the whole game ride on one play.  I give them credit for trying to run it, Jacobs had been virtually unstoppable all night, so that made sense, but it should have been an effort to tie the game first and foremost.   

The idiotic agreement by the announcer “the way your defense is playing you want to take the lead here”, really?  The Defense is playing like *****, so you put it all on them if you don’t get the 2pts and they still have to STOP KC from scoring to keep a lead, which BTW they did.   So worst case, you could have gone to OT. 

Also, WTF were those last two play calls about? You needed 1 yard to get a first down, and you heave it downfield both tries?  Get the first with Jacobs, spike it and set up 3-4 plays to get to 15 yards for a FG.  It’s like they let a Middle School QB draw up the plans for a back yard game when his mom was yelling to come in for dinner.

25 minutes ago, mannc said:

KC is going to try to put together 16-play drives on us…dinking and dunking, running the ball, and Mahomes scrambling. They don’t throw the ball down the field much anymore. The Raiders actually had success blitzing Mahomes early, but then the Chiefs just wore them out.  

It will all come down to the DL getting pressure or letting him pick you apart.  If they play soft like LV did and give him a week to throw, it’s over.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Exactly, they let the whole game ride on one play.  I give them credit for trying to run it, Jacobs had been virtually unstoppable all night, so that made sense, but it should have been an effort to tie the game first and foremost.   

The idiotic agreement by the announcer “the way your defense is playing you want to take the lead here”, really?  The Defense is playing like *****, so you put it all on them if you don’t get the 2pts and they still have to STOP KC from scoring to keep a lead, which BTW they did.   So worst case, you could have gone to OT. 

Also, WTF were those last two play calls about? You needed 1 yard to get a first down, and you heave it downfield both tries?  Get the first with Jacobs, spike it and set up 3-4 plays to get to 15 yards for a FG.  It’s like they let a Middle School QB draw up the plans for a back yard game when his mom was yelling to come in for dinner.

Another thing. These calls on "roughing" the passer (Brady on Sunday) and last night need to stop. The league has to review this in the offseason. I am all for player safety as you don't want to see anyone get hurt. But they are taking it too far now. These "hits" on the QB are just regular tackles. Pretty soon the NFL will be reduced to flag football.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Can't blame the call to go for two (like Baltimore going for the TD). 

Looks like the Refs cost KC 7 points the first half and then gave it back to them. 

Fingers crossed that come Sunday, this will not be the point of discussion.  I am sure though there will be complaints about holds throughout however.   

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Another thing. These calls on "roughing" the passer (Brady on Sunday) and last night need to stop. The league has to review this in the offseason. I am all for player safety as you don't want to see anyone get hurt. But they are taking it too far now. These "hits" on the QB are just regular tackles. Pretty soon the NFL will be reduced to flag football.

All because the Miami team doctor cleared Tua for the second half.....  Talk about dominoes falling (not pizza).

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

Getting so sick of the inevitable end to most Chiefs games. 1. Comeback check, 2. wide open Kelce for several Tds check, 3. Curiously bad Officiating check, 4 Bad luck for opponents check, 5 Good luck and some quirky Mahomes skill play check.

Last night had it all. Holding on the defending team on a FG??? That one might take the cake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Jukester said:

That was pure crap. NFL officiating is a travesty.

Keeping fingers crossed we get a decent crew next week.

I couldn't agree more. What the official said he was calling was the Raider's player supposedly pulled the Chief's lineman out of the way so the other Raider could rush the kicker.  But...the player he was 'opening the door' for was already through the hole, and he wasn't the O Lineman's assignment. Terrible call! And, in this case, an actual game changer. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Maybe. Maybe not. 

Obviously, one cannot say with certitude that it will be decisive, but it sure is a huge chip to win and once again, the game is a home venue for the Chiefs.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I couldn't agree more. What the official said he was calling was the Raider's player supposedly pulled the Chief's lineman out of the way so the other Raider could rush the kicker.  But...the player he was 'opening the door' for was already through the hole, and he wasn't the O Lineman's assignment. Terrible call! And, in this case, an actual game changer. 

It was immediate redress for the roughing penalty. I used to be neutral on KC, but their fans and the hyperbolic cadence of the home announcer have turned me against them. (Of course, Mahomes, the arrogance of Andy Reid, and the tolerance for jail breakers, along with being the primary obstacle to the AFC crown contributes.)

48 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Winner of Chiefs Bills will end up with #1 seed in the end. Gonna be tough to end up a full game ahead of them if we lose, and vice versa

Isn’t this what we all said last season?

We won that regular season game. But then lost to the Jags.  As others have said, it’s a long season. And this is just one game with many more to follow. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.