MNF- Raiders @ Chiefs 10-10-22

T&C

34 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Another thing. These calls on "roughing" the passer (Brady on Sunday) and last night need to stop. The league has to review this in the offseason. I am all for player safety as you don't want to see anyone get hurt. But they are taking it too far now. These "hits" on the QB are just regular tackles. Pretty soon the NFL will be reduced to flag football.

I guess you are supposed to give them a hug and wait for a whistle at this point.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Jukester said:

And here’s another view. Looks more like offensive holding.  Just…..wow. 

One of the worst calls I have ever seen . Totally bogus and made up. I hate the conspiracy theory stuff but I can totally understand someone thinking this way when they see that. Literally no foul whatsoever on that play except maybe by the Chiefs player. This is why the coach's need a 1 penalty challenge per game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I couldn’t agree more, everyone loves blaming Carr. He’s an inconsistent QB who will never take his team to the promised land, but this is a clear step back from recent years. Mahomes owes the LV and Denver front office Christmas gifts for hiring Hackett and McDaniels. NFL teams continue to make really dumb moves sometimes. 

The problem with Carr and the raiders is the fact that the raiders should’ve replaced him 3-4 years ago. They would’ve been much better off. Now they’re stuck with him after giving him a stupid 3 year extension and continuing the Groundhog Day trend in LV. Carr at this point in his career is a what you see is what you get type of player 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

The problem with Carr and the raiders is the fact that the raiders should’ve replaced him 3-4 years ago. They would’ve been much better off. Now they’re stuck with him after giving him a stupid 3 year extension and continuing the Groundhog Day trend in LV. Carr at this point in his career is a what you see is what you get type of player 

Carr is infuriating to watch (maybe because we are spoiled with Allen). Its either a bomb over the top to Adams or a dump off. He LOVES to dump it off on third and long. And when he scrambles right he is absolutely terrified and just immediately dumps the play. I have been so conditioned to thinking a big play is coming when Allen scrambles right, I cant really watch Carr.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, jletha said:

Carr is infuriating to watch (maybe because we are spoiled with Allen). Its either a bomb over the top to Adams or a dump off. He LOVES to dump it off on third and long. And when he scrambles right he is absolutely terrified and just immediately dumps the play. I have been so conditioned to thinking a big play is coming when Allen scrambles right, I cant really watch Carr.

I could’ve sworn minus 2 bombs to Adams, all he was doing most of the game was dumping off to Jacobs. Did Renfrow even play minis running into Adams at the end on 4th and 1?

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I could’ve sworn minus 2 bombs to Adams, all he was doing most of the game was dumping off to Jacobs. Did Renfrow even play minis running into Adams at the end on 4th and 1?

image.thumb.png.8c0ba95f55fa9b1e14876d6348973397.png

And I would love to see the air yards on those receptions.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

It was immediate redress for the roughing penalty. I used to be neutral on KC, but their fans and the hyperbolic cadence of the home announcer have turned me against them. (Of course, Mahomes, the arrogance of Andy Reid, and the tolerance for jail breakers, along with being the primary obstacle to the AFC crown contributes.)

I’m not so sure it was ‘immediate redress’ as the roughing occurred in the first half. I am sure it was a terrible call in an important situation. Something needs to be done to change the quality of the officiating. The fans are losing all confidence.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I agree with that, but I have some sympathy for Carr. The Raiders are a poorly operated franchise. There’s been zero continuity throughout Carr’s career. They’ve cycled through various coaching regimes, poor head coach hires, and made bad/strange trades. Carr is a guy who can lead a team to consistent .500 records, while possibly sneaking into the playoffs. That isn’t good enough, but what potential he might have is surely being wasted. The Raiders have gone backwards this season, and I can’t put that solely on Carr. McDaniels has turned a 10-7 team into a dumpster fire with an elite wideout on the field, who they made a big trade for. 

47 minutes ago, jletha said:

I mostly agree on Carr as a player, but watching last night’s game made me realize that everyone is boring in comparison to Allen. It’s really spoiled watching NFL football, in the best way possible. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not so sure it was ‘immediate redress’ as the roughing occurred in the first half. I am sure it was a terrible call in an important situation. Something needs to be done to change the quality of the officiating. The fans are losing all confidence.

Yes, whilst eating breakfast, I realized I had misremembered. I am decidely not a morning person . . . 

Agree about the officiating. It's a difficult game to officiate, no doubt, but there are too many egregious fails,

2 hours ago, gordong said:

he should have never gotten that job his sucked in Denver as HC... he still sucks.  the only hire worse them him is Hackett in Denver another guy that has no business being a HC.

Hackett's first name when he was the Bills' OC was "Can't".  I think his first name is now "Still Can't"

Edited by Utah John

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, whilst eating breakfast, I realized I had misremembered. I am decidely not a morning person . . . 

Agree about the officiating. It's a difficult game to officiate, no doubt, but there are too many egregious fails,

I cannot recall when it happened but there was also a pass interference call where I’d swear the defender never touched the WR. (And this doesn’t even mention the numerous offensive holding calls they didn’t call against the Chiefs while Mahomes runs around back there.) Really bad officiating all night long. 

• Like (+1) 2

Raiders found a way to lose this game. Interesting to me, though-- one of the reasons the Raiders had this game as close as it was is because Derek Carr sucks. Two huge PI calls that got them to a yard of the goal line that led to a TD occurred because Carr couldn't get the ball far enough down field.

Carr, IMO, is the most overrated QB in the league. He plays scared. He pitched a ball to a RB (when he could have easily gotten a first down) because he was afraid of taking a hit. Whenever there's a free defender pursuing him, he runs the opposite direction, loses all downfield vision, and doesn't even try to extend the play. He was lucky to not get called on a second intentional grounding on a ball that really didn't reach the LOS. He's a weenie.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Raiders found a way to lose this game. Interesting to me, though-- one of the reasons the Raiders had this game as close as it was is because Derek Carr sucks. Two huge PI calls that got them to a yard of the goal line that led to a TD occurred because Carr couldn't get the ball far enough down field.

Carr, IMO, is the most overrated QB in the league. He plays scared. He pitched a ball to a RB (when he could have easily gotten a first down) because he was afraid of taking a hit. Whenever there's a free defender pursuing him, he runs the opposite direction, loses all downfield vision, and doesn't even try to extend the play. He was lucky to not get called on a second intentional grounding on a ball that really didn't reach the LOS. He's a weenie.

The two DPI call you mentioned were good calls.  The Chiefs DBs tackled Adams both times.  

As to the two main points, that the referees last night were terrible, and that Carr is overrated -- I completely agree with both.  

3 hours ago, gordong said:

he should have never gotten that job his sucked in Denver as HC... he still sucks.  the only hire worse them him is Hackett in Denver another guy that has no business being a HC.

He also got caught cheating in Denver (oh the great Bellicheat tree) - and of course screwed Indy by going back on his agreement to be their coach at the last minnute after agreeing to take the job.  Guy is an arrogant, cheating POS

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The two DPI call you mentioned were good calls.  The Chiefs DBs tackled Adams both times.  

As to the two main points, that the referees last night were terrible, and that Carr is overrated -- I completely agree with both.  

I know they were the correct calls. My odd point is that if Carr hadn't thrown those two passes behind the receiver, the PIs wouldn't have happened, and the defenders would have been in the right position to defend.

3 hours ago, jletha said:

Carr is infuriating to watch (maybe because we are spoiled with Allen). Its either a bomb over the top to Adams or a dump off. He LOVES to dump it off on third and long.

Similar to Wilson who wants to give the impression he has a strong arm and looking for bombs but in reality he is just chucking it in the general direction of a receiver 

It may have been mentioned in this thread previously (sorry, not going through 68 pages!) but did you notice Raiders kicked off with 17 seconds left in the first half and Chiefs ended up kicking a FG to cut lead to 20 - 10?  Raiders didn't do a pooch kick, played soft (and committed personal foul to boot) and lo and behold, journeyman kicker boots a 59 yard field goal. That was my real concern in last year's playoff game.  Butkner has a big leg.  I thought if Chiefs make to our 45 they're going to have shot at tying the game.  

4 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

One of the worst calls I have ever seen . Totally bogus and made up. I hate the conspiracy theory stuff but I can totally understand someone thinking this way when they see that. Literally no foul whatsoever on that play except maybe by the Chiefs player. This is why the coach's need a 1 penalty challenge per game. 

dude, it was a PULL AND SHOOT.  How does nobody understand this???  A FRIGGING PULL-AND-SHOOT!!!

35 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

It may have been mentioned in this thread previously (sorry, not going through 68 pages!) but did you notice Raiders kicked off with 17 seconds left in the first half and Chiefs ended up kicking a FG to cut lead to 20 - 10?  Raiders didn't do a pooch kick, played soft (and committed personal foul to boot) and lo and behold, journeyman kicker boots a 59 yard field goal. That was my real concern in last year's playoff game.  Butkner has a big leg.  I thought if Chiefs make to our 45 they're going to have shot at tying the game.  

The minute I saw the kickoff go out of the end zone, I thought to myself, they're gonna score.  And they did (thanks in part to a stupid horsecollar foul).  But I already knew the Chiefs were going to win after the Raiders settled for a FG on 4th and short to make it 17-0.

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

dude, it was a PULL AND SHOOT.  How does nobody understand this???  A FRIGGING PULL-AND-SHOOT!!!

That may have been the call by the Refs but thats not how the play went down at all. If anything the chiefs player was doing the holding. Seriously bad call and super ticky tack especially under the circumstances. 

BTW I imagined you shouting your post at me like the late great Dennis Green!

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

Butkner didn't play last night, he's been out with an ankle injury... it was Matthew Wright who did the kicking duties.

46 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

That may have been the call by the Refs but thats not how the play went down at all. If anything the chiefs player was doing the holding. Seriously bad call and super tick tack especially under the circumstances. 

BTW I imagined you shouting your post at me like the late great Dennis Green!

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Wouldn’t that involve the defensive player actually doing some type of pulling? Instead of being held and not even engaging with the offensive lineman?

But in all serious, it was bizarre how they just glossed over the fact that 0.00001% of people watching the broadcast would know what the hell “pull-and-shoot” meant.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Butkner didn't play last night, he's been out with an ankle injury... it was Matthew Wright who did the kicking duties.

That was actually in my post i.e. "journeyman kicker".  Butker was in the playoff game last year and Butker does indeed have a big leg.  These days, if you are trying to keep the opposing team from kicking a game tying or game winning FG at the end of regulation, you better keep them on their side of the 50 at least.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, gordong said:

I give it to 1-6 maybe to 1-8 and then at that point I think Davis might pull the trigger. I don’t think at 1-4 they’re going to let him go just yet

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.