MNF- Raiders @ Chiefs 10-10-22

T&C

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Egregious officiating tonight. Sure the Raiders made dumb plays but that game was as close to a fix as you can get.

With the involvement of betting, I hope someone goes to jail eventually. 

How long until a poorly treated ref leaves the league and blows whistle on a fix. I am 1,000% positive I see it in my life

What I think we're seeing is the NFL keeping certain games from becoming blowouts during primetime games. The goal is to have a close exciting game to maximize viewers for ad revenue. 

When did the penalties start? When the Raiders were up big. Then again when Chiefs got within 3 and Raiders had a chance to change momentum. When did it stop? When the Chiefs took the lead. 

This is not a new concept. The NFL has done this for a while, but they sometimes don't care who wins at the end as long as it's exciting. This is what burned us in the Texans playoff game. 

When it comes to Brady it's a different story. There's something going on behind the scenes there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

I say double that mother every play screw it… take him right outta game… all those damn lucky lobs Mahomes throws up and he always comes down with them

I think we acquired Edmunds solely to be able to deal with Kelce.

Is he gonna be able to go?

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

What I think we're seeing is the NFL keeping certain games from becoming blowouts during primetime games. The goal is to have a close exciting game to maximize viewers for ad revenue. 

When did the penalties start? When the Raiders were up big. Then again when Chiefs got within 3 and Raiders had a chance to change momentum. When did it stop? When the Chiefs took the lead. 

This is not a new concept. The NFL has done this for a while, but they sometimes don't care who wins at the end as long as it's exciting. This is what burned us in the Texans playoff game. 

When it comes to Brady it's a different story. There's something going on behind the scenes there. 

accoutrements-archie-mcphee-impulse-im-f

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Egregious officiating tonight. Sure the Raiders made dumb plays but that game was as close to a fix as you can get.

With the involvement of betting, I hope someone goes to jail eventually. 

How long until a poorly treated ref leaves the league and blows whistle on a fix. I am 1,000% positive I see it in my life

yeah i am really feeling like i only watch now cause i am so invested in the Bills, without that not sure i would anymore

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

I can’t believe that phantom defensive holding on the FG. What a screw job. They really had to dig deep for an obscure penalty there.

luckily ESPN is breaking it down in detail right now like the excellent sports journalists they are.

• Haha (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I can’t believe that phantom defensive holding on the FG. What a screw job. They really had to dig deep for an obscure penalty there.

The Raiders benefitted from a non existent roughing the passer late in the 2nd quarter that took away a turnover and allowed them to put points on the board. I'd net those two calls

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

The Raiders benefitted from a non existent roughing the passer late in the 2nd quarter that took away a turnover and allowed them to put points on the board. I'd net those two calls

The rule exists that you can’t land on the  QB with your weight. Is it a dumb rule? Yes. But is it is a rule, and linemen should know it because it gets called every season. It’s at least understandable a ref might call that.

There was literally no defensive hold on the FG. Completely absent and put 7 points on the board for KC.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Fetou said:

Then they got bombarded with a number of penalties while the Chiefs Oline were given a pass to start holding. 

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Then they got bombarded with a number of penalties while the Chiefs Oline were given a pass to start holding. 

The holds are a persistent ***** show unfortunately. Jones was held so badly on that late drive in the 4th with no flag it was as if the rule had been amended to no longer exist. Sloppy calls all around but it was sloppy both ways

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Fetou said:

The holds are a persistent ***** show unfortunately. Jones was held so badly on that late drive in the 4th with no flag it was as if the rule had been amended to no longer exist. Sloppy calls all around but it was sloppy both ways

I'm all for letting the players decide it, but that last one was so egregious I don't know how you can seriously  pretend you didn't see it.

19 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

So? I still don't see how it makes the decision to go for 2 a bad one. Your point is simply that given one specific possible outcome, the Raiders may or may not have had time after getting the ball back to try to drive again and get a field goal. In fact that is what happened anyway (they did have time) even when they missed on the 2 pointer. 

edit: I don't want to argue about this. I don't really care. I just think you have to look at the entire probability outcome tree when making a decision and it's incorrect reasoning to key on one particular outcome. 

It's fine I don't have a stance either way in this case, but that's what the other poster was getting at 

Just now, beebe said:

the chiefs had the refs in their pocket in ways i've rarely seen in an NFL game that 2nd half. it was really something else.

Doesn’t bode well for next week either. 

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Devonte has to get suspended for that right? 

Probably, but who cares? It’s the Faiders 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Doesn’t bode well for next week either. 

The refs are catching quite a bit of social media blowback for the KC-biased 2nd half officiating as well. 

Hopefully the NFL makes it known that they are not to be a story in the Bills/Chiefs game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If they don't get it the Raiders would basically be in FG range already.

True but it was 4th and a short 1.  They had a bit of trouble stopping the raiders.  They have Mahomes.  Raiders couldnt stop the run all night.  Reid gets cocky. First down there is basically winning the game right then.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The refs are catching quite a bit of social media blowback for the KC-biased 2nd half officiating as well. 

Hopefully the NFL makes it known that they are not to be a story in the Bills/Chiefs game. 

I’d rather more flags honestly(as long as they’re correct obviously)…a flag less game benefits the chiefs.  They play a lot of handsy single coverage with dbs that have no business being left in single coverage against the receivers they’re matched up with

The officiating was pathetic. That was for sure a catch by Adams on the last drive. Chiefs we’re holding so much. I really hope this isn’t what’s on the table next week. This is a huge game for the Bills and the NFL as a whole so I have a feeling “they” are gonna want it coming down to the wire.

• Simon unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.