MNF- Raiders @ Chiefs 10-10-22

T&C

Just now, Best Williams Available said:

If Chiefs didn’t establish the run, which was a turning point for them, they lose. We stop the run and cover Kelce even 50% of the time I think Bills win big.

The Chiefs, unless i missed something, didn’t hit on a single deep shot. Everything was run, dink and dunk and YACs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Qb is only position that matters. Once you find that guy keep him for life. 

He must have a noodle arm (although he threw a nice one at the end) cause he takes 8 steps back so he can take 3 steps forward to get enough space to heave it. I haven’t seen a guy run backward as much as him.

1 minute ago, Nephilim17 said:

One reason NOT to go for 2: it puts the Chiefs offence in 4-down territory the entire drive; you give them an extra down they wouldn't take if it were a tie game as they'd be good with punting on 4th down. 

I would never give the Chiefs 4 downs to get within FG range — and an FG takes the lead back... Dumb.

How is it different if the score is tied?

2 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

finally showed replay on fg holding call, not seeing an obvious penalty

Egregious officiating tonight. Sure the Raiders made dumb plays but that game was as close to a fix as you can get.

With the involvement of betting, I hope someone goes to jail eventually. 

How long until a poorly treated ref leaves the league and blows whistle on a fix. I am 1,000% positive I see it in my life

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Huh?

Would you rather play the Chiefs off a bad loss or a win like this?  Where you don't have as much to lose now if you were 3-2

I'd rather have them lose regardless, I don't care about "extra motivation". IMO, that's way overrated.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

One reason NOT to go for 2: it puts the Chiefs offence in 4-down territory the entire drive; you give them an extra down they wouldn't take if it were a tie game as they'd be good with punting on 4th down. 

You just heard that from John Harbaugh.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Don’t forget Josh McDaniels as well. 4th and 1 and instead of giving it to your workhorse in Jacobs you try to help Carr pad his stats and you ***** it up. Only the raiders 

Should have ran on 3rd and 1 then spiked it vs throwing that incomplete to Adams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

How does somebody who coached in NE for forever look at 3rd and 1 and call anything but a qb sneak? 

It was basically 4th and 2 because it was just past the yard marker but yeah they had the absolute wrong play call.  Too aggressive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'd rather have them lose regardless, I don't care about "extra motivation". IMO, that's way overrated.

Yes.  Lose to us which we'd have to do if they won or lost tonight.  

I do buy extra motivation and preparation but that's just me

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

If it's tied and KC has a 4th and 7 from their own 30, they will punt rather than risk losing

So? I still don't see how it makes the decision to go for 2 a bad one. Your point is simply that given one specific possible outcome, the Raiders may or may not have had time after getting the ball back to try to drive again and get a field goal. In fact that is what happened anyway (they did have time) even when they missed on the 2 pointer. 

edit: I don't want to argue about this. I don't really care. I just think you have to look at the entire probability outcome tree when making a decision and it's incorrect reasoning to key on one particular outcome. 

Edited by Bob Chandler's Hands

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.