Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Just now, oldmanfan said:

If the DA files charges you suspend him indefinitely or cut him.  Right now they should have Keenum spending C s lot of time holding for Bass.

What I want to know is if the Bills knew if there was an ongoing criminal case

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I hope the Bills don't come out looking like the ***** Cleveland Browns when this is said and done.

I have faith that the Bills organization will handle it in the best way possible for a thing like this.

I really do mean that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Gotta cut him…have to

I get the gut reaction, but gut reactions are generally blind reactions. As disgusting as this sounds, we do not know the facts. If someone accused you of vile behavior, I’d want to know what happened before I decided how I felt about you. 

EDIT: If determined he’s in fact guilty of this, he can rot in jail. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I don’t think it’s a criminal case unless criminal charges are filed.

My apologies an on going criminal investigation.

the Bills statement was not something I would have advised them to say

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I get the gut reaction, but gut reactions are generally blind reactions. As disgusting as this sounds, we do not know the facts. If someone accused you of vile behavior, I’d want to know what happened before I decided how I felt about you. 

Thank you.

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

Funny, if this was a different looking RB, the sentiments here would be much different.

Easy cut and move on.

If it were Diggs he’d be cut. She had bruising, bloody clothes, and was a minor under the influence. She did a rape kit the day after.

If he had sex with her that night he’s done.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 6

So sad.

I hope it’s not true for him. But obviously something happened to this young lady. And it seems clearly to have been at Araiza’s house.

But I have two big questions:

1) Why no criminal charges? She went to the police the next day, but no charges and no arrests 10 months later. I would guess the evidence is weak, if there is any (the article raises questions about it). 

2) How could the Bills not know this when he was drafted? It seems very Anti-process. We know much research goes into the draft process, they had to know. Which gives me hope for him, maybe those in the know have determined there is nothing to it? What did they know, and when?

If there is anything to it, he’s gone, if not in jail soon. 

I, like so many here, was excited to see him play—he made us excited to see a punt. Now I’m sad for all involved. It appears there will be no winners in this situation. 

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

This is crazy. If he did it then then cut him right away…. But the NFL has cornered themselves now with how they handled Deshaun Watson multiple cases. 8 games for deshaun means max 1 game for Araiza….. insane 

You couldn't be more wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Possible there's a sweetheart law applicable here. They exist, no clue what California s law is, but doesn't seem like a state trying to stick anyone with a SO status for some kids close in age

California doesnt have one.  If he was 18 and she was 17 its a misdemeanor.  Up to 1 year in jail or probation and a fine.  Older that 3 years older and it changes to a felony with tougher penalties.  Thats what their law is. 

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If it were Diggs he’d be cut. She had bruising, bloody clothes, and was a minor under the influence. She did a rape kit the day after.

No, the sentiment would be the same with Diggs. Proven star.

A practice squad RB. His feet wouldn't even hit the floor before cut

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

1) Why no criminal charges? She went to the police the next day, but no charges and no arrests 10 months later. I would guess the evidence is weak, if there is any (the article raises questions about it). 

Look at him. 

Star football player. A tale as old as time

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The only possible saving grace is if he can reasonably claim that he didn't know her age. A lot of title IX cases involve drunken sex at parties. It's really hard to prove wrongdoing in those cases. Obviously a lot more facts will have to come out before we have any idea what happened here.

I believe it doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

So sad.

I hope it’s not true for him. But obviously something happened to this young lady. And it seems clearly to have been at Araiza’s house.

But I have two big questions:

2) How could the Bills not know this when he was drafted? It seems very Anti-process. We know much research goes into the draft process, they had to know. Which gives me hope for him, maybe those in the know have determined there is nothing to it? They had to know. 

If there is, he’s gone, if not in jail soon. 

I, like so many here, was excited to see him play—he made us excited to see a punt. Now I’m sad for all involved. It appears there will be no winners in this situation. 

My one defense  of the Bills is that the cops aren’t going to tell anyone that they’re investigating someone for a crime involving an underage individual, which means they likely knew nothing of this until the civil charges were filed. What “thorough examination of the matter” means is anyones guess. Does it mean they thoroughly read the civil suit?

Innocent til proven guilty of course but disgusting if true.  And sure doesn't look good. Praying it's not true.

3 notes:

1. Now we probably know why he was the 3rd punter picked

2. Shocked the Bills would involve themselves in this over a punter, unless they had no clue about it.  Makes no sense they cut Haack before they had to if they knew about this or were investigating it.

3. I liked him as much as anybody, but, punter is the least of our worries

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

This is crazy. If he did it then then cut him right away…. But the NFL has cornered themselves now with how they handled Deshaun Watson multiple cases. 8 games for deshaun means max 1 game for Araiza….. insane 

the severity of what Punt God allegedly did is higher than Deshaun’s alleged transgressions, though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

big question I have….if they have DNA,they should have tested people accused by now. And they should have been charges by now.

it’s always innocent until proven guilty.

she mentioned his name because she probably already knew him at the party.  That does not mean he is the one who did it.

by the way, he’s now in the NFL so lawyer is willing to sue because he does have money. See if they can settle for a payday.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Hold the pitchforks. No lynching yet. If anyone here had sex with a women you didn’t know that looked under 25 and asked her for her ID ahead of time you may throw the first stone.

She was beaten, choked, and bloody. She had a rape kit done. It’s not just about the age. She saved the clothes with blood all over it.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1