Could Aaron Donald potentially miss Week 1 due to suspension?

Einstein

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am too competitive; I want to face the best and beat the best...that's just my personality.  

Ah heck yeah! can't wait to see you face up against Donald week one! but if you aren't playing for Buffalo, I am kinda wondering what you are the best at? Number 1 rank in what? or rather, when have you ever faced the absolute best in anything?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Ah heck yeah! can't wait to see you face up against Donald week one! but if you aren't playing for Buffalo, I am kinda wondering what you are the best at? Number 1 rank in what? or rather, when have you ever faced the absolute best in anything?

Hahahaha...I wouldn't play me in cornhole or poker or challenge me to a cook off.  I would smash Darnold in all of those...if you see him, tell him I said so and let him know I am just down the street if he is dumb enough to try me in those haha.  

And while you are at it, tell Allen and Diggs to avoid my lobbies on Warzone if they want to live 😂

Edited by Alphadawg7

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am too competitive; I want to face the best and beat the best...that's just my personality.  

Showing the hype is real and not wanting to hear excuses isn’t being competitive.  It’s surface level stuff imo. 

i just want one Lombardi before I die.  Donald could conceivably have an affect on that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Showing the hype is real and not wanting to hear excuses isn’t being competitive.  It’s surface level stuff imo. 

i just want one Lombardi before I die.  Donald could conceivably have an affect on that.  

I hear ya, and you’re not wrong.  But I live in LA, so I’d rather beat them at their best.  

Just now, NewEra said:

Wait, doesn't losing to NFC teams improve our seeding?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hahahaha...I wouldn't play me in cornhole or poker or challenge me to a cook off.  I would smash Darnold in all of those...if you see him, tell him I said so and let him know I am just down the street if he is dumb enough to try me in those haha.  

And while you are at it, tell Allen and Diggs to avoid my lobbies on Warzone if they want to live 😂

lol, good reply... but I will take an advantage anyway possible for a win. If their QB has sifilus, all the better

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I hear ya, and you’re not wrong.  But I live in LA, so I’d rather beat them at their best.  

Oh yeah, that’s understandable.  👍🏻 

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

Wait, doesn't losing to NFC teams improve our seeding?

I’m not an analytics or math guy, but I’d say a loss vs and NFC team is worse than a win vs an NFC team.  

• Haha (+1) 1

NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported that clubs, not the league, are responsible for overseeing players' conduct at practice. Thus, it's unlikely the league would discipline Donald or any other players for their roles in Wednesday's dustups, Pelissero added. Teams, however, can discipline their players for practice conduct.

11 hours ago, ganesh said:

NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported that clubs, not the league, are responsible for overseeing players' conduct at practice. Thus, it's unlikely the league would discipline Donald or any other players for their roles in Wednesday's dustups, Pelissero added. Teams, however, can discipline their players for practice conduct.

If he had hurt someone I think there could be some sort of league discipline, or just force something there.  But it seems everyone got out ok so it'll be swept under the rug.  

11 hours ago, ganesh said:

The rams are going to have to suspend Donald….. lol.

yeah riiiiight

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Einstein said:

He was caught on film today striking opposing players while violently swinging a helmet.

Myles Garrett was given a 6 game suspension for similar behavior, though that was in a game and not a joint practice.

I really hope he is not suspended for this. Tempers flare during training camp. This needs to be dealt with "in-house" and not by the league, in my opinion.  

So he can't be suspended by the NFL because it happened at practice is what they are saying.  So the NFL can suspend you for things you do on the field or off the field but just not on the practice field?  How about at the team facility when not practicing?  If Deshaun was doing that stuff to the team massage girls he wouldn't get in trouble?

17 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I really hope he is not suspended for this. Tempers flare during training camp. This needs to be dealt with "in-house" and not by the league, in my opinion.  

There is a big difference between tempers flairing and striking someone with a hard object over the head. And someone who is NOT a teammate.

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

So he can't be suspended by the NFL because it happened at practice is what they are saying.  So the NFL can suspend you for things you do on the field or off the field but just not on the practice field?  How about at the team facility when not practicing?  If Deshaun was doing that stuff to the team massage girls he wouldn't get in trouble?

Theyre saying the NFL defers to teams for practice punishments. Not that they CANT punish. They just don’t.

Come on people. Everyone knows helmets are less dangerous in practice than in games. His "slap on the wrist" punishment will be $25k and a quick semi- sincere apology. The shield (Rams) won't jeopardize 9/8 opener.  But if a 3rd string rookie had done it, he'd be cut next day. I love this world as we pick n choose punishments. 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

Honestly, based on precedent set by discipline against Myles Garrett, its going to be absurd for AD to not get any discipline on the matter in terms of suspension.  Just another example of awful consistency league wide on how they handle discipline in the NFL.  And I don't even want him suspended, I want to beat him and the Rams at their best week 1.  

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

The league does not administer punishment for practices.  It’s the team that disciplines the players so basically nothing.

There is one entity that could do something, but unprecedented in law enforcement.  It’s on video tape and basically irrefutable.  The Cincy police technically has more than enough authority to publicly arrest AD for aggravated battery.  It’s clearly illegal to use a helmet as a weapon on an opposing player as it ceased to be football and became a brawl.

I know it won’t happen the Rams aren’t going to do anything.

It is crazy that the NFL suspends for players for all kinds of stuff... but would not for an act like t his during a joint practice. There has be consequences or else players will really take liberties during these. 

Did he strike at a guy withOUT a helmet? If os, that's truly dangerous. Otherwise, meh, one game is good :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, Einstein said:

He was caught on film today striking opposing players while violently swinging a helmet.

Myles Garrett was given a 6 game suspension for similar behavior, though that was in a game and not a joint practice.

Our own Rodger Saffold retweeted this, BTW

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/25/2022 at 1:54 PM, Warcodered said:

That is true fights in general would generally get you punished, still no suspension for that fight Josh started, the helmet makes it interesting though.

The helmet makes it different. I believe the Bills FO would do something if even Allen was bashing people with a helmet (rightfully so in my opinion, you can’t tolerate that behavior). 

8 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I actually thought about this funny rant from Iverson.  It’s almost as funny as this one…

ORRRR…

And there’s always this..

I thank my lucky stars we have McD vs. these lunkheads who couldn’t keep their cool.

Always good for a chuckle these rants.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Wasn't IK Enemkpali suspended 4 games for punching Geno Smith in the locker room?  How is that suspension worthy but not this?

He was! 

Good question.  For one thing, he broke Geno Smith's jaw.  Doesn't sound like anyone was injured in the joint scrimmage scrum, fortunately.

For another, Enemkpali was a scrub.  Sorta the same principle where TDots got 6 games for pleading to disorderly conduct on a charge of domestic violence, while Hill (accused of breaking his son's arm and threatening his Babymama "you need to be terrified of me, B word" got nothing.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.