Could Aaron Donald potentially miss Week 1 due to suspension?

Einstein

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Sounds like the NFL has no oversight on discipline for joint team practices. Regardless ridiculous behavior on Donald’s part.

Haha. Dude re-enacts the Last Boy Scout scene in practice. Nfl is like we can’t do anything about that. Up to the team haha. 

the nfl discipline policy is a joke

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That is true fights in general would generally get you punished, still no suspension for that fight Josh started, the helmet makes it interesting though.

What should happen is that the team should fine/suspend Donald for trying to bash his teammates brains out.

What will probably happen is he'll get called into McVay's office for a Good Stern Talking To, he'll say "sorry!" to his teammates, they might assess a minor fine against him, and that's that.

Now....if he'd actually injured someone, he could get the Bill Romanowski treatment. 

For those who don't remember, in 2003, Romanowski went berserk and punched a teammate, tight end Marcus Williams - fracturing his eye socket and ending his football career.  Williams sued for $3.4M and was awarded $340,000 for lost wages and medical expenses (total of $415k) - whoop whoop. 

Meanwhile, the Raiders kept Romanowski on the team, gave him a stern talking-to, and fined him $60,000

Romanowski later admitted he was using Victor Conte's "The Clear" and "The Cream" as well as HGH.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Disagree 1

This doesnt say the NFL can't. It just says clubs are typically responsible.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

What should happen is that the team should fine/suspend Donald for trying to bash his teammates brains out.

It wasn't his teammate.

It was a Bengals player.

Edited by Einstein

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Where did you hear or see that?

According to Tom Pelissero-NFLN

Clubs -- not the NFL -- are responsible for overseeing conduct of players at practice, including joint practices. So fair to say league discipline for Aaron Donald (or anyone else) in today's brouhaha is unlikely.

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

According to Tom Pelissero-NFLN

Clubs -- not the NFL -- are responsible for overseeing conduct of players at practice, including joint practices. So fair to say league discipline for Aaron Donald (or anyone else) in today's brouhaha is unlikely.

Yeah that doesn't mean the NFL cant punish for this.

The NFL can essentially do whatever it wants.

They probably wont though.

24 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think the NFL regulates player conduct during practices.

That is left to the discretion of the teams

Warren Sharp is not running up a good track record with his pre-season takes here.

If the NFL regulates player behavior at a strip club.. I think a joint practice is likely fair game. 

I don't think he gets anything for this though. 

Just now, Einstein said:

Yeah that doesn't mean the NFL cant punish for this.

The NFL can essentially do whatever it wants.

They probably wont though.

They should, but we all know they won’t. His “discipline” will be not playing in the 3rd preseason game!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Malazan said:

If the NFL regulates player behavior at a strip club.. I think a joint practice is likely fair game. 

I don't think he gets anything for this though. 

There are a lot of posters confusing "clubs regulate player behavior at practice" with "the NFL can't do anything". Which is absolute nonsense.

The NFL can absolutely do whatever it wants.

You think if a player grabbed a female water-carriers buttocks at practice, the NFL wouldn't get involved? HA! They would be involved so fast the players head would spin.

• Agree 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Am I not reading correctly or does that article say absolutely nothing about this Donald fight?

Schefter said it happened today. I believe Schefter.

I think it's safe to say the last SB opponents having joint practices together is going exactly as well as you might think it would.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Absolutely ridiculous! Throw the book at him....I call for a ONE GAME SUSPENSION! 

And while we're at it, the league needs to step in and mandate 2 weeks of rehab for Stafford's tennis elbow, for his own safety of course.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.