Could Aaron Donald potentially miss Week 1 due to suspension?

Einstein

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Joint practices seem like a terrible idea.

Eh, they are necessary in camp. It gets so old in camp practicing against your own teammates. You end up fighting your own teammates. 

it’s football. Fights happen but it’s usually nothing. But this is a moron taking it to a different level. 

If I were Roger Goodell I would punish him by forcing the Rams to trade him to a cold winter location, but not in the NFC. It would be best if there was someone senior to him that he would respect that could monitor his behavior (say a Von Miller type). Make it a smaller market where there is less mischief to get into ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Where did you hear or see that?

I mean, in theory, Roger Goodell and the league are a 2 ton polar bear and can do anything they want under the rather vague personal conduct policy.

But historically, they have left regulation of team conduct within the facility and within practices (even joint practices) to the team. 

In 2003, Bill Romanowski literally slugged a teammate in the face, smashing his eye socket (gruesome), and the NFL said....🦗🦗🦗

I just heard it was a joint practice with the Bengals, so if the Bengals make an issue of it then I guess the NFL might step in?

25 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This doesnt say the NFL can't. It just says clubs are typically responsible.

It wasn't his teammate.

It was a Bengals player.

It says the teams are responsible for overseeing player conduct during practice. Otherwise the NFL would be responsible for refereeing practices. 

It doesn't say the NFL has no authority to punish players for their misbehavior during practice. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Hopefully no suspension. Don't want any big names missing that game.

Nobody remembers who was injured and why one team won and one team lost .. they only remember who hoisted the trophy. If the whole Rams starting lineup was out and the Bills win by a point and that victory helps them make the playoffs get home playoff games and ends up in a Super Bowl victory. No problem on my end. Show me the Lombardi in Buffalo.

Edited by CorkScrewHill

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, in theory, Roger Goodell and the league are a 2 ton polar bear and can do anything they want under the rather vague personal conduct policy.

Correct.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

But historically, they have left regulation of team conduct within the facility and within practices (even joint practices) to the team. 

This is true. Historically, they try to stay out of practice conduct.

But that doesn't mean they can't step in.

3 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

It would be insane if he's not suspended for this. A fine is not enough for assaulting people at work. The excuse that football is a violent sport is BS.

There really is nothing stopping the Bengal player from pressing charges either.

To my knowledge.

Not that it would ever happen.

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Even if he wanted to the guys helmet was Thad Moss on twitter who is Randy Moss son so it’s gonna be hard to pull the race card on that one 

Yea but the white player started it 🙄

Better to just ignore his posts on this one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.