Amari Cooper traded to Browns

BillsMafi$

Low key - Jarvis Landry would be a great bet for the slot.

Buff mentioned, again as with a lot of other names, but too many other things are grabbing headlines.

Would not hate if happened with Kirk being too pricey.

Not sure what Jarvis would want, but something tells me he would discount to play on a contender at this stage.

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If Cleveland ends up being the team that lands Watson, this trade will look very different. 

That would make the entire AFC a breakaway civilization from the NFC

GB probably even odds to go to the SB

Edited by filthymcnasty08

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

I feel a post saying this is the fault of administration and coaching not being on the same page, coming from @IronMaidenBills

Like the over/under on that post is like 10 minutes from now...

I don’t care anymore. If this team wants to carry over the same personnel and get beat by the Chiefs again, that’s their prerogative. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So leave out the black part and I think we're still there.

They cannot just admit they screwed up not drafting Allen over Baker Mayfield who is a bust at this point for a #1 overall pick when you compare him to Allen. They went with the hype,  so did national media and sponsors who awarded Baker with endless off the field endorsements.

Allen is the real deal stud QB and now they trying everything possible to make Baker their bust #1 overall pick look good.  How many star receivers have they traded for now?

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I don’t care anymore. If this team wants to carry over the same personnel and get beat by the Chiefs again, that’s their prerogative. 

While I believe we need to A) draft with more urgency or B) become more aggressive…. We had KC beat.  That loss is on the coaches.  

24 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Browns really don’t have much cap space at the moment.  After Njoku signs his tag and before Cooper is considered, they’ll have less than $6M.  Landry almost certainly will be released. 

Landry will be gone, or small chance of big restructure,  and they'll probably restructure a few others to free up some more. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We have brought in new receivers every year, should we move on from Josh?

LOL Don't really see the correlation here. Josh makes everyone around him better, Baker does not. Josh is Elite, Baker is not. 

I would probably get away from signing the 35 year old veterans at this point who are out of gas by season end. Bring on some more youth. 

16 minutes ago, TBBills said:

At least you admit your shortcomings.

It's OK to wonder at how teams with negative cap space or very little still sign big time players, or still make big trades.

Nice walk back.  That’s far different than what you said in your previous post. 

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Landry will be gone, or small chance of big restructure,  and they'll probably restructure a few others to free up some more. 

Agreed.  They’ll probably restructure Coopers contract too.  Might as well kick some of his $20M hit this year down the road. 

• Dislike 1

Welp he just went from the "Black Kirk Cousins" to the "Shorter Carson Wentz"

Moral off the story, don't insult your QB by comparing him to Kirk Cousins or you are gonna get traded for peanuts to a crappier QB.  🤣😂🤣

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Nice walk back.  That’s far different than what you said in your previous post. 

No it isn't, cap space is really just for people like you to worry about.

Like you said yourself, you only know black and white.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Agreed.  They’ll probably restructure Coopers contract too.  Might as well kick some of his $20M hit this year down the road. 

Yeah,  convert let's say $15 million into a bonus and you can spread it out over the 3 years left. Gives you $10 million right away.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Browns franchised their number 2 tight end then traded for a $20M number 2 receiver.

They’re off to an interesting start to the offseason…

Yeah, weird to say the least...couldn't believe they tagged Njoku lol.  They don't really even use him much.  I bet Njoku wasn't thrilled about it either

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, weird to say the least...couldn't believe they tagged Njoku lol.  They don't really even use him much.  I bet Njoku wasn't thrilled about it either

Njoku said he wanted to return. And he improved his blocking a lot last year,  so he'll play a lot more I'd bet. Blocking has always been his issue. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is so dumb. Cooper is not that good, especially at that contract. Browns would be better off using a first round pick on a receiver. 

The Browns have to see if Baker worth keeping long term. So do what the Bills did with Allen and put better WR talent around him. That said the Browns also paying their RB quite a bit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.