Amari Cooper traded to Browns

BillsMafi$

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They didn’t want a 20 mill cap hit each of the next 3 years. Browns took it.

Which make you wonder what they are thinking about extending baker. I know they have the space but at the same time it doesn't look like a commitment to him. 

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Which make you wonder what they are thinking about extending baker. I know they have the space but at the same time it doesn't look like a commitment to him. 

The Browns really don’t have much cap space at the moment.  After Njoku signs his tag and before Cooper is considered, they’ll have less than $6M.  Landry almost certainly will be released. 

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Browns really don’t have much cap space at the moment.  After Njoku signs his tag and before Cooper is considered, they’ll have less than $6M.  Landry almost certainly will be released. 

When will people learn cap space is fake and the only people that worry about it are the fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s going to the stefanski offense that Diggs couldn’t wait to get out of. 3 TEs and run the ball. 

His dad will be posting videos of him wide open on Twitter in about 7 months 

The Stefanski offense relay on quality route running.  Cooper is a much better fit fin that regard than the freelancing OBJ was.  That doesn’t mean it’ll work out in the end, but I think that is the rationale here. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, TBBills said:

When will people learn cap space is fake and the only people that worry about it are the fans.

I think that people who view the world in extremes or black and white have a difficult time with the nuanced and complex. 

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

They been sniffing around all week

As others have mentioned, they needed to make a trade for a WR as no FA WR was heading there without being overpaid even more than Cooper. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/amari-cooper-16728/

22 million dead cap the next 3 years. This is a stupid deal for the browns

It doesn't look like any money is guaranteed going forward except 2022 roster guarantee after 3/22/22. Dead cap belongs to Dallas from signing bonus. $20M one year for Browns and 2 more year to year $20Ms without guarantee. Cut in 2023 no penalty.

Edited by Joe Mama

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think that people who view the world in extremes or black and white have a difficult time with the nuanced and complex.

At least you admit your shortcomings.

It's OK to wonder at how teams with negative cap space or very little still sign big time players, or still make big trades.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.