Flashback...Josh running at the Combine...

eball

run Forest, run!

Between his inaccuracy concerns in college and his running style at the combine you have to wonder who in their right mind would draft this guy...  Thankfully we did, but as an armchair QB???

Edited by ddaryl
  • Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He still ran a very respectable 4.76.  I wonder if he had ANY coaching for the combine?

Good question.  Running a 4.76 at his height and weight is excellent.  He probably could have run in the 4.5s with a little training.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DD4Bills said:

BDpXKWYCEAEXsIS.jpg

NFL officials noted today that a number of players who attended the combine in multiple years settled a lawsuit against an apparently unauthorized photographer, who was found in the locker room repeatedly.  Although never apprehended, the individual was reputed to be named Hurlock Sholmes.  Attorneys for the NFL noted that today's settlement precludes the trauma combine participants would have to relive if a trial ensued.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He still ran a very respectable 4.76.  I wonder if he had ANY coaching for the combine?

Look like he's running at 3/4 speed, for him. I think there's something about being chased by NFL linebackers that activates his full speed. :)

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Look like he's running at 3/4 speed, for him. I think there's something about being chased by NFL linebackers that activates his full speed. :)

I chalked it up to him practicing it that way because it’s the most comfortable way for him to run (on a track) and running a good enough time without straining himself. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, eball said:

If you want to watch Josh Allen running at the combine, I prefer this clip

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

That's what Josh himself said.  In one appearance on the Pat McAfee show, one of the guys asked him if he were sandbagging or actually trying at the combine?  Josh said that he was trying, but that when he's playing and he's got people chasing him trying to hit him it's "extra motivation".  He also said on the same show, that as he's gotten bigger he's actually gotten more athletic and faster, which the McAfee crew said something like "that's a dream situation"

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think he had all the coaching he wanted, he just wasn't focused on the 40 yd dash.  He was focusing on improving footwork and his throwing.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I heard he considered doing it as a sack race, but that might have been too obvious of a ploy to drop to us. He was “coached” on how not to end up in a hell hole situation? Works for me! We deserve nice things!  😋

In the world of running, he is called a drum beater because his left arm extends all the way to a straight line.  His front to back arm motion would be much quicker (and therefore leg turnover too) if he kept approximately a 90 degree bend in his arm as they move from front to back.

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

NFL officials noted today that a number of players who attended the combine in multiple years settled a lawsuit against an apparently unauthorized photographer, who was found in the locker room repeatedly.  Although never apprehended, the individual was reputed to be named Hurlock Sholmes.  Attorneys for the NFL noted that today's settlement precludes the trauma combine participants would have to relive if a trial ensued.

But how many comp picks did NE get is the question?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you want to watch Josh Allen running at the combine, I prefer this clip

That's what Josh himself said.  In one appearance on the Pat McAfee show, one of the guys asked him if he were sandbagging or actually trying at the combine?  Josh said that he was trying, but that when he's playing and he's got people chasing him trying to hit him it's "extra motivation".  He also said on the same show, that as he's gotten bigger he's actually gotten more athletic and faster, which the McAfee crew said something like "that's a dream situation"

I think he had all the coaching he wanted, he just wasn't focused on the 40 yd dash.  He was focusing on improving footwork and his throwing.

He actually had a speed coach for the combine... Ryan Flaherty

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.