Bills vs. Chiefs Divisional Round: Full Match Re-play

HomeTeam

I mustered up the courage to re-watch the infamous Bills vs. Chiefs Divisional Round. 

I know this game is hard to watch for a bunch of people but it's the off season and there is some merit in watching how special this game really was.

Link to the game can be found here. https://fullmatchtv.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-vs-kansas-city-chiefs-23-01-22/

I suggest re-watching from 1:40:00 mark. This is the point where the Bills begin their 17 play drive to go ahead with a little less than two minutes in the game.

Commentary:

-That 17 play drive was something else, especially those 4th down conversions by Josh. He is literally gasping for air doing everything humanly possible to will his team to victory. That was a big boy drive.

-Another thing that I loved seeing was how after the Chiefs answered with the Tyreek Hill TD, the camera turns over to Josh, and you just see him signalling to his team like OK 👌 we got this. Legendary stuff. That's what you want from the leader of your team.

-Josh responds leading an quick and efficient drive to give the bills the lead with 13 seconds left. We all know what happens from here. I thought we won the game. I wonder if the coaches & players lost their composure and let their guard down in that moment. I know I was an emotional wreck : P

Anyways, I don't want to go too much into the 13 seconds, that's been discussed to death and want this thread to remain positive. It's great to see Josh rising to the occasion, and leading his team in those big pressure moments. We have a lot to look forward to.

What are your thoughts now that we are almost a month removed?

• Thank you (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

I mustered up the courage to re-watch the infamous Bills vs. Chiefs Divisional Round. 

I know this game is hard to watch for a bunch of people but it's the off season and there is some merit in watching how special this game really was.

Link to the game can be found here. https://fullmatchtv.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-vs-kansas-city-chiefs-23-01-22/

I suggest re-watching from 1:40:00 mark. This is the point where the Bills begin their 17 play drive to go ahead with a little less than two minutes in the game.

Commentary:

-That 17 play drive was something else, especially those 4th down conversions by Josh. He is literally gasping for air doing everything humanly possible to will his team to victory. That was a big boy drive.

-Another thing that I loved seeing was how after the Chiefs answered with the Tyreek Hill TD, the camera turns over to Josh, and you just see him signalling to his team like OK 👌 we got this. Legendary stuff. That's what you want from the leader of your team.

-Josh responds leading an quick and efficient drive to give the bills the lead with 13 seconds left. We all know what happens from here. I thought we won the game. I wonder if the coaches & players lost their composure and let their guard down in that moment. I know I was an emotional wreck : P

Anyways, I don't want to go too much into the 13 seconds, that's been discussed to death and want this thread to remain positive. It's great to see Josh rising to the occasion, and leading his team in those big pressure moments. We have a lot to look forward to.

Greatest playoff game ever,  are my thoughts.

The narrative that the Bills had outplayed the Chiefs and had some richly deserved victory snatched from them in the final seconds is not accurate though............Chiefs played better than the Bills for more of the clock that day.........Allen just nearly willed the Bills to victory.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

It's funny.. I usually do not have the testicular fortitude to watch Bills games after they lose. It usually takes weeks if not months... (I watched the low lights from the Jags game for the first time last week)

But with the KC Game I actually re-watched highlights 24 hours after that game..  and re-watched the game on NFL network when the re-aired it either on the Wednesday or Thursday evening after.

Maybe after the drought my ambitions were set a little lower.. but I think I had the stomach to re-watch this game because of two reasons

1) I had watched too many playoff games during the drought where I saw Manning vs. Brady, Brady vs Roethlisberger, Rogers vs. Romo,  etc... where they put on 'shows' in the playoffs, and I was reminded really how far those Bills teams were being relevant, let alone a contender.   To see the (my) Bills be in one of those games, and be a 'cutting edge' offense, with a real superhero (not only franchise) at QB, reminded me that truly that the best things are still to come for this team. 

2) Josh Allen is the real deal...  Not only is he ready for the spotlight... He is the spotlight.

And not just in Buffalo.. but in the NFL.... 

I felt that way right after the game.. and then all the stuff that has subtly or not so subtly happen after the game.   From the National outrage about the OT rules, to that little piece in the NFL awards, to hammerheads, like Bill Simmons saying the Bills were the best team in 2021, it just reminds me how this (Crappy, horrible ending of a) game, will be a stepping stone to multiple great playoff games, to multiple advertised 'games of the century' and god willing, multiple championships.  ..   And that's first and foremost because JA17 is our QB1

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The narrative that the Bills had outplayed the Chiefs and had some richly deserved victory snatched from them in the final seconds is not accurate though............Chiefs played better than the Bills for more of the clock that day.........Allen just nearly willed the Bills to victory.

I have not heard a single person offer that narrative.  Not one.  The only narrative I’ve heard is that these two teams gave us the greatest final couple of minutes of playoff football ever…and that the Bills squandered a golden opportunity in those final seconds.

I re-watched from the start of the Bills 17-play drive through the TD at 0:13…it was incredibly exhilarating and satisfying.  I don’t need to watch any more ever again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, eball said:

I have not heard a single person offer that narrative.  Not one.  The only narrative I’ve heard is that these two teams gave us the greatest final couple of minutes of playoff football ever…and that the Bills squandered a golden opportunity in those final seconds.

I re-watched from the start of the Bills 17-play drive through the TD at 0:13…it was incredibly exhilarating and satisfying.  I don’t need to watch any more ever again.

Oh so you've heard a lot of people say that the Chiefs generally outplayed the Bills..........but the Bills deserved to win?

I don't think so.

The narrative around here has centered around how the Bills earned the win with their play........but a choice by the coaching staff to kick the ball into the end zone caused them to lose. :doh:

Not playing better in the first 59:47 is the reason.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

This is like watching Custer's last stand, in the end you know the good guys get the arrow

If the Battle of the Little Bighorn was today social media would be full of bashing on his preparation, choice of a ammunition, his men drinking night before, etc.

And in this case the Chiefs WERE the good guys.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh so you've heard a lot of people say that the Chiefs generally outplayed the Bills..........but the Bills deserved to win?

I don't think so.

The narrative around here has centered around how the Bills earned the win with their play........but a choice by the coaching staff to kick the ball into the end zone caused them to lose. :doh:

Not playing better in the first 59:47 is the reason.

Your intense distaste for me clouds your ability to read the English language.  I said nothing of the sort.  You really need to get a grip.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HomeTeam said:

Commentary:

A month removed and the 13 seconds still haunts me...

5 hours ago, eball said:

Your intense distaste for me clouds your ability to read the English language.  I said nothing of the sort.  You really need to get a grip.

I don't dislike you at all @eball.............I just know you....uh.... "wear your heart on your sleeve" as you say......... and that you don't have a sense of humor about it........

so I just sprinkle on a pinch of sarcasm......

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

It figures that the Bills would be mentioned in 3 of the greatest playoff games ever played.

Ronnie freaking Harmon

SB XXV

13 seconds 

ALL LOSSES

😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬

Ahh…

I’m not sure anyone has the Ronnie Harmon game on their list of NFL greatest playoff game. 

Seriously. It’s like comparing Vince Ferragamo to Kelly and Josh Allen. 

Yup. ALL BILLS QBS

Edited by pennstate10
Details
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Agreed. Dismayed just before the 17 play drive, I told the wife ‘this game is over, but I owe it to Allen to watch this next drive before turning it off. He has the fight of a lion and deserves one last watch.’ Wifee said ‘that’s uncharacteristically mature of you..’ 🤣

eh, what does she know..🤷‍♂️

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Haha (+1) 4

18 hours ago, Greg S said:

For me I will never watch that game at least until the Bills win a Super Bowl but not before then. 

I'm not ready to rewatch that game yet.  But I give the OP credit in that at least this is a football post. Too many flash in the pan TMZ style  headline stories lately. Anyway GO BILLS

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

I've taken the time to watch the 2 drives at the end of the game Allen engineered.  I was so nervous, pacing, sick to my stomach when it was actually happening that I knew I missed some things and wanted to watch Allen in all his glory.  Sucks A LOT that they lost that game but WOW Allen led the bills on a 45 second 70 something yard TD drive in the final damn minute of a Divisional Playoff Game on the road.  Not forgetting his 17 play TD drive just minutes before that.  This dude is on a different level.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mark92 said:

I've taken the time to watch the 2 drives at the end of the game Allen engineered.  I was so nervous, pacing, sick to my stomach when it was actually happening that I knew I missed some things and wanted to watch Allen in all his glory.  Sucks A LOT that they lost that game but WOW Allen led the bills on a 45 second 70 something yard TD drive in the final damn minute of a Divisional Playoff Game on the road.  Not forgetting his 17 play TD drive just minutes before that.  This dude is on a different level.  

I'm also amazed how much easier it is to watch in replay. Watching in live, the game was so intense. Those 4th downs where our season was on the line, Josh was at his best. It's unfortunate that in a losing effort, nobody will remember how special Josh was.

Beane and company need a good off-season. We are right there !

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

My thoughts:  I don't wanna think about it anymore.

Fair enough.

NFL Scouting combine starts March 1-7th, that will us something to look forward to.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, njbuff said:

It figures that the Bills would be mentioned in 3 of the greatest playoff games ever played.

Ronnie freaking Harmon

SB XXV

13 seconds 

ALL LOSSES

😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬

The Houston comeback game—-and the WC perfect game against the Pats, they can never take either of those away from us!!! 

On 2/18/2022 at 3:17 PM, HomeTeam said:

Commentary:

I think the only way McDermott learns from this is fans and pundits keep reminding him on how he screwed up with his conservative thinking/coaching.  This screw up should be his last Mulligan. Let the players play and live with the results,  had we played aggressive and lost not would have been easier to accept.  They looked like the most stupid coaching staff in the NFL closing out that game.  

My thoughts are the same as they were when the game ended.......How the ***** do you manage to blow a lead with 13 seconds left when you have ball in hand on the kickoff. There's nothing that can be said thay will ever change my mind that this was one of the all time blunders in franchise history. It's so disappointing after how the team came back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.