Matt Ryan receives fine for taunting Bills

Its Allen the hips

The taunting thing is out of control, it’s the owners, they don’t like the optics. The players couldn’t care less, best example is  one of the Titans WR got a taunting call for talking smack to Levi. Wallace was walking away and paying no attention. Yeah that flag went in our favor, but ridiculous none the less. And while we’re at it can we change the archaic offensive lineman down field penalty? 

Edited by chris heff
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, chris heff said:

The taunting thing is out of control, it’s the owners, they don’t like the optics. The players couldn’t care less, best example is  one of the Titans WR got a taunting call for talking smack to Levi. Wallace was walking away and paying no attention. Yeah that flag went in our favor, but ridiculous none the less. And while we’re at it can we change the archaic offensive lineman down penalty? 

I mean I kind of get it how some refs enforce it to dissuade players from doing something that might start a fight.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

That's ridiculous...10K?

I don't know what the point of that is.

Either skip the fines, or make the high enough that players might consider them before taunting.

To be honest, I don't mind taunting and that type of thing on the field, as long as it is isn't totally out of control.

A little back and forth between the players is a good thing; adds competitive spice to the product.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Yeesh, I really wonder what he said. Poyer did get asked what was said but he responded with, “I’ll keep that between the lines.” 

I think he called Poyer the worst thing you can call someone on the football field: “ref”

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Should be suspended for all of next year for that trash

Falcons would be worse off if he played

2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Yeesh, I really wonder what he said. Poyer did get asked what was said but he responded with, “I’ll keep that between the lines.” 

"How's the Mrs?"

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.