Where do you want the stadium?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Stadium Location

• Orchard Park
    • Downtown Buffalo
  2. 2. Open Air or Dome

• Open Air
    • Dome
  3. 3. Most you'd pay for a PSL (Assuming lower level between the 30s). Prices would go lower incrementally from there

• 5-10k
    • 2.5-5k
    • 1-2k
    • 1k or less

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

I really think these are the same people who want the Dolphins in our division.  They are stuck in this 90's legacy thinking and it doesn't make sense anymore.  If you play in bad weather, a dome lets your run or pass.  If you play outdoors in bad weather, running becomes the primary option.  It was great when we had Thurman, but why make ourselves one dimensional?

Besides money, I can't see a con to a dome

They had Andre Reed, James Lofton, Bill Brooks and Don Bebee too.  They threw the rock in the elements too.

Execute better than the other team you win.  Period.  

Edited by purple haze

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The way people are around here...

When the Bills get a new open air stadium in OP they will still complain 😁

PS&E already said what it’s going to be and yet... LoL

I wanted the stadium downtown.  They stated it was going in Orchard Park.  I don’t keep complaining about the stadium downtown.  

It’s like witnessing the stages of grief.  Folks are still in the bargaining stage I guess.  

• Agree 1

I don't care where it is as long as 2 things happen. 

1. Minimize or reduce the wind, enhancing Josh's ability to win a championship. 

2. Absolutely guaranteed the greatest tailgaters in the history of sports have ample area to feast, break tables and squirt ketchup. 

I do lean toward the dome argument but I also appreciate the allure of an open stadium experience. 

A downtown domed stadium would be nice in that it would allow for additional events throughout the year. But that’s almost certainly not cost effective, so it’ll be an open air in the OP.

Personally I don’t care to go through the hassle and expense of going to games.  One or two a season of college and/or pro is enough for me.  Surprisingly, I absolutely love the nasty weather games, but few others seem to.  

I like the Seattle Stadium a lot. Roofed over most of the seats except for the playing field and end zones. Great Lines with the cantilevered upper deck which puts spectators closer to the field. Seats 65K+. Loud as hell.   Big concourses that are shut to the weather. Not much end zone seating. If Open air is the plan. I hope it's similar.

Edited by Olliemets

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

A downtown domed stadium would be nice in that it would allow for additional events throughout the year. But that’s almost certainly not cost effective, so it’ll be an open air in the OP.

Personally I don’t care to go through the hassle and expense of going to games.  One or two a season of college and/or pro is enough for me.  Surprisingly, I absolutely love the nasty weather games, but few others seem to.  

People Vastly overestimate how many things will actually be there throughout the year 

There's not a lot of activities planned for massive stadiums around the country

Jerry world the biggest and best stadium in the world.. has 7 planned events for 2022 

There isn't alot of stadium tours going on

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

They could build something that has a roof over the seating but is open over the field. I guess I would prefer something like that. Something to keep the bulk of the rain and snow off the fans.

I don't feel super strongly about dome or no dome. I like both ideas. I certainly like the outdoors games and even the occasional extreme weather game is fun. But I get those who don't want to deal with that.

The thing I do not like about dome stadiums is they blast so much sound through the speakers. It is annoying and hurts my ears. That's not as much of an issue outdoors since the artificial sound escapes out of the stadium more.

I also want a team that can learn how to deal with the elements and use it to their advantage. If Josh keeps playing in these types of games he will get better at it. There's always a chance that you'll have those types of games in the playoffs.

8 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I live near Athens, GA so I'm never going to be a season ticket holder. That said, I think Orchard Park and a Dome is the best combination. PSL's are standard nowadays, but the whole idea seems immoral to me, so I don't agree to any of it. As close to zero would be my preference.

That is awesome Dr. Who.

I live near Athens Ga too

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

People Vastly overestimate how many things will actually be there throughout the year 

There's not a lot of activities planned for massive stadiums around the country

Jerry world the biggest and best stadium in the world.. has 7 planned events for 2022 

There isn't alot of stadium tours going on

Yeah, that was what I was driving at, but didn’t make totally clear.  Lots of extra cost, but not much in the way of extra revenue.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

I saw this in the lightest way possible, but roughly how old are you?  I agree with what you're saying, except for standing in the lower level, but it does come off as very "Get off my lawn." 

It’s actually a huge pet peeve of mine as well. You purchased the right to sit in the seat. Why are you standing the entire game? There are people behind you that may want to see the action without having to stand the entire time.

• Like (+1) 1

Come on folks there is a simple solution to this topic. Build a open air stadium in OP and just have the league adjust the schedule to have the Bills play the first 3 out of 4 games in September at home rather than the schedule this year when the final 3 out of 4 games in Dec and Jan are played at home.

For me football should always be outdoors. It’s one of the things that makes it unique.

I attended the Bills-Cowboys Super Bowl in the Georgia Dome and it felt tame, flat and muted. Like watching a video game.

Nothing like being in the elements, and half the crazy stuff doesn’t even make sense in a dome.

The rest of life (central heating, A/C from house to car) is comfy enough!

Three hours a week outdoors is Good for you. Get dirty, get cold, breathe some fresh air. 

Guess I’m a legacy thinker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

3.)  Sections with a no standing policy during the game.  Your not a part of the team.  You standing isn’t helping the team play better or disrupting the opponent and you are simply forcing everyone behind you to stand and ruing their experience.

And I propose the opposite.  A section with only standing.  Not these Party Patios you see in other stadiums, a seating section with no seats.  You would still buy a ticket for a specific spot in the section, but all that would be there is like a small bar top at each row to sit your beer/drinks/food.  

9 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

who got the fan survey, how many fans was it?  

I remember getting a survey a few years ago. I think it was mostly season ticket holders that received the invite to it. 

1 hour ago, Liberal Bob said:

Come on folks there is a simple solution to this topic. Build a open air stadium in OP and just have the league adjust the schedule to have the Bills play the first 3 out of 4 games in September at home rather than the schedule this year when the final 3 out of 4 games in Dec and Jan are played at home.

Or, just hear me out, all home games in the first half of the season, on the road the last half.  

28 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

And I propose the opposite.  A section with only standing.  Not these Party Patios you see in other stadiums, a seating section with no seats.  You would still buy a ticket for a specific spot in the section, but all that would be there is like a small bar top at each row to sit your beer/drinks/food.  

I remember getting a survey a few years ago. I think it was mostly season ticket holders that received the invite to it. 

Or, just hear me out, all home games in the first half of the season, on the road the last half.  

That’s fine too.  Just as long as in certain sections with seats…fans know that if they stand they will be asked to leave.

43 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

That’s fine too.  Just as long as in certain sections with seats…fans know that if they stand they will be asked to leave.

How about those restraints like on roller coasters?  You sit down and get strapped in.  Only way to leave your seat is to signal an usher that'll come over and release it. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Since1981 said:

My two experiences in OLD fashioned domes were in cities that don’t know football and ugly domes. Indy people read books at halftime—they are not mafia!

I like to think about “clear covering with openings”. This idea idea of a clear plastic covering is a good middle ground. 

if my wife dared bring a book to a football game, she'd be my ex-wife by the 3rd quarter

12 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Ive noticed some stadiums have way too much space between the sidelines and the 1st row of fans behind the bench.   

Our stadium now is great in that sense and I hope they keep that in mind with the new one.  Sure the team could probably use a little more room but moving back the stands too far hurts every view from the 1st row all the way back.

There are a few NFL ones where the 1st row at midfield is like 30 yards from the field, its a joke.

Good post

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

For me football should always be outdoors. It’s one of the things that makes it unique.

I attended the Bills-Cowboys Super Bowl in the Georgia Dome and it felt tame, flat and muted. Like watching a video game.

Nothing like being in the elements, and half the crazy stuff doesn’t even make sense in a dome.

The rest of life (central heating, A/C from house to car) is comfy enough!

Three hours a week outdoors is Good for you. Get dirty, get cold, breathe some fresh air. 

Guess I’m a legacy thinker.

Are you going to the Jets game or staying home 

$0 PSL

12 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I’m in my late 30s.  Very fit and athletic.  
I just hate standing and I hate the cold.

to be fair…I went to A LOT of games during the Super Bowl runs of the 90s.  I fought my cold weather wars 😂 and stood through out several playoff games and the entire Broncos vs. Bills AFC Championship game (along with a boat load of others)

Personally, I’m just done with it.  I really don’t want folks not to be able to stand.  But maybe there should be some sections (like non-smoking) where if you buy a seat, you use it.

9dbe19b98aec516daf4f451c8b2d34e8.jpg

You were 10 years old.  You couldn't have surely paid your dues.

Sure your parents didn't sneak you in for free? LoL... That's why you stood! And... Now want seats.😆 

Thank You... That'll be $0.05.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Downtown would be so expensive which gets passed to the customer.  It would take forever with extra events to recoup the expense of a dome.  The infrastructure required for downtown would dwarf the costs of the actual stadium.  Tailgating would suck downtown.  We have something special in OP.

I’m not a season ticket holder as I don’t live in Buff anymore, and probably won’t.  A compromise that makes a lot of sense is a stadium like Seattle.  I believe they have a tarp like overhang structure that covers pretty much most of the seats.  That would dramatically drop the winds that seems to be a pain lately, and keep from the majority if rain and snow.   They could also have heating lamps to keep people warm in November and December.

Lastly, they could have heat below the grass as the technology has advanced since the Icebowl, and keep the grass from freezing.  That my two cents.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

$0 PSL

9dbe19b98aec516daf4f451c8b2d34e8.jpg

You were 10 years old.  You couldn't have surely paid your dues.

Sure your parents didn't sneak you in for free? LoL... That's why you stood! And... Now want seats.😆 

Thank You... That'll be $0.05.  

😂. Still charging too much.

But I did say (a boat load of other games too).

It started in the early 90s and continued on thru for the next 30 years.  And even this season, went to another miserable game of cold weather and drunks blocking the view. 

Just give a few sections to escape the drunks and/or standers.  Shouldn’t be a hard ask.

• Like (+1) 1

I understand this message board represents only a small subset of the overall Bills Community, but it seems like a 'cheap dome' is the preferred solution.  A cheap dome is an indoor venue that doesn't care all that much about high-end amenities, but instead provides the basics for fan support (restroom, concessions, etc.) and one that provides for a tailgate experience in the surrounding proximity....whether Downtown or in Orchard Park.  Seems pretty simple really....but once constructed everyone cannot come back and complain for the lack of bells and whistles.

Does such a stadium already exist? Yes, having watched a number of bowl games over the holidays, it seems like there a few examples throughout the country that offer a scaled down indoor experience.

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I understand this message board represents only a small subset of the overall Bills Community, but it seems like a 'cheap dome' is the preferred solution.  A cheap dome is an indoor venue that doesn't care all that much about high-end amenities, but instead provides the basics for fan support (restroom, concessions, etc.) and one that provides for a tailgate experience in the surrounding proximity....whether Downtown or in Orchard Park.  Seems pretty simple really....but once constructed everyone cannot come back and complain for the lack of bells and whistles.

Does such a stadium already exist? Yes, having watched a number of bowl games over the holidays, it seems like there a few examples throughout the country that offer a scaled down indoor experience.

They aren't seeking/building a new stadium for basics and with low end amenities.  They already have that.

It is only being built, as far as PSSE is concerned,  to increase revenues.  A "cheap dome" (assuming such a thing exists) doesn't accomplish this.

37 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It already happens (and is enforced) in the club seats.

If you dont sit, another club seat member can get security and they will direct you to sit.

I didn’t know that, but come talk to me when they implement something similar stadium wide. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They aren't seeking/building a new stadium for basics and with low end amenities.  They already have that.

It is only being built, as far as PSSE is concerned,  to increase revenues.  A "cheap dome" (assuming such a thing exists) doesn't accomplish this.

Thanks but I didn't say anything about why "they" were building it. What I said was it appears that a cheap, functional dome is the general consensus of what the customers want.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.