Patriots fan trashes Mac Jones, Bill Belichick on Boston radio: ‘AFC goes through Buffalo for 20 years’ (Listen)

HOUSE

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Personally with Belichick, his defense and Mac Jones I think they are a perpetual 8 to 11 win team. In playoff contention most years, sometimes make it but sometimes miss out. Don't really see them bottoming out and going full rebuild. 

Mac Jones will be around at least 3 years

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, vincec said:

And considering NE has a rookie QB, I would be pretty optimistic about their future if I was a Pats fan. May or may not develop into a serious Super Bowl contender, but they sure looks like a playoff team to me for the next few years.

Disagree.  I would feel like I have a Stone Age game plan with a smart but not physically good QB if I were a Pats fan.  Sure may be good enough of a team to win some games but never really a threat to win a super bowl.  Belichick will probably leave before a true teardown/rebuild and they will have lost that advantage as well.

Even this year they got lucky on a few games running into a covid infested or injury infested team.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Personally with Belichick, his defense and Mac Jones I think they are a perpetual 8 to 11 win team. In playoff contention most years, sometimes make it but sometimes miss out. Don't really see them bottoming out and going full rebuild. 

Probably the way it will go.  I think the deal with Jones will be how much he can improve versus how quick opposing Ds can figure out

his weaknesses.  As of now I see it as a 50/50 deal.

19 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Mac Jones will be around at least 3 years

If he develops well BB will keep coaching if he doesn't BB may hang it up.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean the AFC East does run through Buffalo. But while Belichick prowls the sideline in NE they will get the most out of whatever talent they have and be competitive.

I looked it up today and the oldest anyone has coached was George Halas and then Marv Levy. Both retired before 73. Belichick turns 70 next April. I think maybe three more seasons. Could be sooner if they miss the playoffs a couple more years in a row. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Probably, but the organization won't last like that in reality. Owner, coaches, players, fans would get frustrated. They need to find a franchise QB unless Jones becomes one.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Belichick’s scheme cost them big yesterday. He thought his defense could play Allen straight up vanilla quarters/cover3 zone

nothing creative on the front end against a makeshift oline, same early-to-mid 2020 spy strategy that effectively takes your defender out of the play

McDermott absolutely crushed Belichick yesterday

Was it really a scheme issue?  It seems to me like the Bills are just better.  BB was just hoping that Buffalo would make some mistakes and beat themselves.  It didn’t happen, and Bill took the L as I suspect he will do for the foreseeable future in this matchup.  They’re going to be starting with a huge disadvantage at QB for the rest of BB’s career.

IMO, you give every coach that roster for a season, and the average record is somewhere around 7-10.  He’s a great coach, but he no longer has the Jimmies and Joes.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

Was it really a scheme issue?  It seems to me like the Bills are just better.  BB was just hoping that Buffalo would make some mistakes and beat themselves.  It didn’t happen, and Bill took the L as I suspect he will do for the foreseeable future in this matchup.  They’re going to be starting with a huge disadvantage at QB for the rest of BB’s career.

IMO, you give every coach that roster for a season, and the average record is somewhere around 7-10.  He’s a great coach, but he no longer has the Jimmies and Joes.

Every team in the NFL has a disadvantage at QB when they play us

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.1e081286fddf779526e6b9f4e625ceb9.png

"There’s no such thing as a rookie wall with this kid. He’s got a rag arm. He couldn’t throw in that wind storm. The other guy threw the ball all over the park. And then yesterday proved it. The kid playing quarterback ain’t our future."

“The future of the NFL is over in Buffalo. That guy, 6-foot-5, 230, runs right by you, throws it 90 yards.

“Belichick hasn’t won bupkis without Tom Brady. So to be overinflated on this Bill Belichick, great. Defense, let’s run the ball, great. Bill Parcells did that back in the ‘80s. Is that where we’re going here with this team. Come on. It’s over. AFC goes through Buffalo for 20 years, not us. It’s over.”

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/12/patriots-fan-trashes-mac-jones-bill-belichick-on-boston-radio-afc-goes-through-buffalo-for-20-years-listen.html

Love it , hope hes a prophet 

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Mac threw the ball about 60 yards when he was picked off by Hyde… his arm strength isn’t an issue.

It was exactly the issue. The ball was under thrown, floating like a ballon and took everything he had. This isn’t the SEC anymore. It’s the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

The coolest part of this though as joe Marino this brought up..

This is the 8th time BB has faced Josh.

And one of the greatest defensive minds in football still can't figure him out...

Love it.

He's seen belichick 7 times as a starters he's 3-4 with an 82.7 passer rating in this games.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BritBill said:

I’ve never heard “quarterback” pronounced like that before. 

New England is a tad different than England 😄😄

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

"He's got a raaaag arm; the other guy threw the ball all over the paaaaaaaak".

I love this guy; he has a lot of passion.

You spelled arm wrong 😉

Aaam

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I looked it up today and the oldest anyone has coached was George Halas and then Marv Levy. Both retired before 73. Belichick turns 70 next April. I think maybe three more seasons. Could be sooner if they miss the playoffs a couple more years in a row. 

Hes trying to outlast Brady

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It will be interesting to see if Mac can improve his arm strength and athleticism.   

If not........he's Chad Pennington 2.0.

That was a very comfy QB purgatory for Jets fans in the early 2000's.......but significantly less in the QB-robust NFL of today.

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.1e081286fddf779526e6b9f4e625ceb9.png

"There’s no such thing as a rookie wall with this kid. He’s got a rag arm. He couldn’t throw in that wind storm. The other guy threw the ball all over the park. And then yesterday proved it. The kid playing quarterback ain’t our future."

“The future of the NFL is over in Buffalo. That guy, 6-foot-5, 230, runs right by you, throws it 90 yards.

“Belichick hasn’t won bupkis without Tom Brady. So to be overinflated on this Bill Belichick, great. Defense, let’s run the ball, great. Bill Parcells did that back in the ‘80s. Is that where we’re going here with this team. Come on. It’s over. AFC goes through Buffalo for 20 years, not us. It’s over.”

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/12/patriots-fan-trashes-mac-jones-bill-belichick-on-boston-radio-afc-goes-through-buffalo-for-20-years-listen.html

This ***** made my day..."throwing it all over tha pawk.". Lmfao 

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I don't think there's an actual Boston accent it's just people doing a parody of what they think it should sound like and is getting worse and worse as time goes on.

Oh, no, there is definitely a Boston accent.  I know people who have one. It’s not as drastic as this caller though.  I think he was a fugazi Bostonite.

5 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

The coolest part of this though as joe Marino this brought up..

This is the 8th time BB has faced Josh.

And one of the greatest defensive minds in football still can't figure him out...

Love it.

We realized this early on even in the games we lost. He doesn’t have an answer defensively for Josh yet. 

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It will be interesting to see if Mac can improve his arm strength and athleticism.   

That was a very comfy QB purgatory for Jets fans in the early 2000's.......but significantly less in the QB-robust NFL of today.

I am not sure he can but if BB's defense can keep teams below 20 I think it might become a comfy purgatory for the Pats for the next 2 or 3 years.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, purple haze said:

Oh, no, there is definitely a Boston accent.  I know people who have one. It’s not as drastic as this caller though.  I think he was a fugazi Bostonite.

Sounds more like Lowell, Mass to me but I could be wrong.

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Pennington might be his ceiling. He isn’t there yet. Chad lit up the league a few years and had great accuracy and touch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.