Clinching Scenario Next Week? Bills win and Ravens lose to Rams then Bills clinch playoff spot?

Arkady Renko

52 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Regardless of what happens with the Dolphins tomorrow, that's how it appears on 538, but maybe I am missing something.  

52 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Regardless of what happens with the Dolphins tomorrow, that's how it appears on 538, but maybe I am missing something.  

Were winning the division so I don't really care

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I could be wrong (and I know it's not until two weeks) but looking at ESPN playoff machine, I think the Bills also automatically go to the playoffs with a win against the Jets.

Also, I don't care much about what position the Bills get in the playoffs, but the one team I definitely don't want them to play is Indy.

2 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

I could be wrong (and I know it's not until two weeks) but looking at ESPN playoff machine, I think the Bills also automatically go to the playoffs with a win against the Jets.

Also, I don't care much about what position the Bills get in the playoffs, but the one team I definitely don't want them to play is Indy.

This is what we said about Indy and Baltimore last year… and we got Indy and Baltimore ha. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Aside from #1 seed, which is a pipe dream, I'm not concerned about seeding.

If you want to go to the Super Bowl you're going to need to beat good teams

Id be happier getting the 3 seed tho, so we only have to play one of the Colts (likely the 5 seed) and Chiefs (most likely the 1 seed). Pats (likely 6 seed) and Titans (likely 2 seed) seem like a little less resistance 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

With playoffs now all but assured, I don't care very much about seeding. Every team can beat every team anywhere. The Bills have just as good of a chance as anyone.

Yup.  It has been 25+ years since having such a feeling;  that you have a QB who can win against anyone....Thank you 17 for the great year.  Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Aside from #1 seed, which is a pipe dream, I'm not concerned about seeding.

If you want to go to the Super Bowl you're going to need to beat good teams

Well we should want the best seed possible to get the most home games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

With playoffs now all but assured, I don't care very much about seeding. Every team can beat every team anywhere. The Bills have just as good of a chance as anyone.

I dunno, I think Wentz is dog crap but I still dont want to see the Colts in the playoffs.  Its a ***** matchup for us.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

What do we know about Atlanta this year apart from their record? Haven’t watched any of their games. 

I watched one game and they looked terrible. Not sure if they had key players out or what but they couldnt do anything.  Matt Ryan was getting hammered all game long.  I forgot who they were playing.  I think it was the Pats game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Isn't it about time for Jonathan Taylor to get a positive covid test? 

Only when they will play the Patriots !!!

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Looking ahead at the next two weeks worth of games, assuming no major upsets, the Bills will end up 3rd seed and would host...the #6 Patriots.

Do we hold the tie breakers against the Bengals (who are currently the 3rd seed)

3 hours ago, LEBills said:

Id be happier getting the 3 seed tho, so we only have to play one of the Colts (likely the 5 seed) and Chiefs (most likely the 1 seed). Pats (likely 6 seed) and Titans (likely 2 seed) seem like a little less resistance 

Heck, there's a shot at the 2 seed, honestly. A lot of the AFC contenders have harder schedules these last couple of weeks.

If the Bills win, we clinch the playoffs with either a Rams win (over Baltimore) or Colts (over Raiders) and Broncos (over Chargers) both winning.

This according to the NY Times playoff machine

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#buf-atl-17=win

Statistically, the Jets game is more important than the Atlanta game.  If we lose to ATL but beat the Jets, we're in no matter what else happens.  Not so the other way around.

Edited by Dan Darragh
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wppete said:

What do we know about Atlanta this year apart from their record? Haven’t watched any of their games. 

They are one of those sneaky pretty mediocre/slightly below average teams that everyone completely disregards.  Not a slam dunk win by any means but they mostly beat bad teams.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They are one of those sneaky pretty mediocre/slightly below average teams that everyone completely disregards.  Not a slam dunk win by any means but they mostly beat bad teams.

They do have 7 wins. And they have two really good TEs, and a perennial All-Pro QB. This in not a gimmi game. They are capable. Think about it, they are only 2 back of the Bills in wins

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CSBill said:

They do have 7 wins. And they have two really good TEs, and a perennial All-Pro QB. This in not a gimmi game. They are capable. Think about it, they are only 2 back of the Bills in wins

They have gotten blown out by almost every decent team they have faced. They stink.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Home field advantage is a huge deal in the playoffs.

I’m not so sure; quite a few Colts fans would prefer to meet us at Highmark than Lucas Oil and I understand why. The games against the Falcons and Jets might be good testers for us to make sure we can adjust to the weather. Our home record this year is 4-3 compared to 5-3 away; even if we win our two remaining games that doesn’t say much of an advantage, especially when you look at the breakdown of who we played.

Home wins: Washington, Texans, Dolphins, Panthers

Home defeats: Steelers, Colts, Patriots

Away wins: Dolphins, Chiefs, Jets, Saints, Patriots

Away defeats: Titans, Jaguars, Bucaneers

Our three ‘narrowest’ losses (counting the Bucs as a tie heading into OT) have been the three away from home.

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They remind me of so many Bills teams from the drought era. Hovering around that middle area, not terrible and not great, more than capable of causing an upset to a team that has an off day or doesn't take them seriously.

It's definitely not a given, especially when you look at some of the results around the league this season.

41 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I’m not so sure; quite a few Colts fans would prefer to meet us at Highmark than Lucas Oil and I understand why. The games against the Falcons and Jets might be good testers for us to make sure we can adjust to the weather. Our home record this year is 4-3 compared to 5-3 away; even if we win our two remaining games that doesn’t say much of an advantage, especially when you look at the breakdown of who we played.

Home wins: Washington, Texans, Dolphins, Panthers

Home defeats: Steelers, Colts, Patriots

Away wins: Dolphins, Chiefs, Jets, Saints, Patriots

Away defeats: Titans, Jaguars, Bucaneers

Our three ‘narrowest’ losses (counting the Bucs as a tie heading into OT) have been the three away from home.

I see your point, and initially thought this as well. We just have to be committed to a more balanced attack, control clock, and be LOUD! Go Bills.

10 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Exactly.  Worrying about whether we play Indy or NE*** or whomever is a waste of energy.  The Bills will be motivated no matter the opponent, and we have something none of them have — Josh Freaking Allen.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

One game at a time Arkady, one game at a time. Bills take care of bidness and we'll be happy. Ignore everything else. 

10 hours ago, wppete said:

Started out the season with some offensive potential. That rookie TE Pitts has some breakout ability. Patterson was a big threat both in rush and receiving games. With Ridley on the outside they could attack on many levels. 

Once Ridley walked away it allowed teams focus on Pitts. He's seen a lot of bracket coverage. Patterson was leaned on more and has really slowed down. Matt Ryan is still decent. Not as good as he was a few years ago but capable. I'd compare him his year to Drew Bledsoe....the Dallas years. The best chance the Falcons have it beating the Bills at home may be that our COVID issues remain a problem...and even then we should still win.

8 hours ago, Utah John said:

Isn't it about time for Jonathan Taylor to get a positive covid test? 

He was just OK on 'Home Improvement'; good to see he found a second career outlet.

49 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Detroit won't be using theirs, so...

Monster Trucks!  All of January! 🤨

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.