12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, Success said:

They're actually BLAMING THE OFFICIALS.  You can't make it up. And I've seen quite a few of them call Milano's late hit on Jones "dirty."  Which is ridiculous.

Oh, well. They're gonna have to get used to this.  We're the boss now.

They still got the 1st down on that late Milano hit lol. You coukd actually argue the bills had more bade calls against them (the holding call on Dane Jackson was absolute garbage) and gave the Pats a 1st down

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Hope Poyer asks if he's embarrassed by that tweet

I genuinely do not understand why the national media bit so hard on the pats hype train. It really is incredible to me how they are talked up to be a peak Tom Brady level threat in the afc. They’re a solid team that will rarely beat themselves…but clearly are a flawed team if they thought the best way to win this shootout was to flood the game with offensive linemen and pound the run for 60 straight minutes.  If they don’t go 5 for 5 on 4th down conversions when the game mattered they get absolutely blown out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

I'm so excited!!! The first game would have been like this if not for the wind. Mac Jones is trash. The announcers propping him up are a JOKE. HE GOT EXPOSEDDDDD!! ALLEN IS MVP!

I can’t agree that Jones is trash as he makes the correct decisions most of the time and that’s not insignificant, especially for a rookie.. He may lack the physical ability to complete the execution of that good decision making though. He’s got game manger written all over him at the moment though. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

Just now, K-9 said:

I can’t agree that Jones is trash as he makes the correct decisions most of the time and that’s not insignificant, especially for a rookie.. He may lack the physical ability to complete the execution of that good decision making though. He’s got game manger written all over him at the moment though. 

He looks like a high-end backup to me.  Jay Fiedler.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Reading the Patriots Twitter, the comments are astounding. Some saying the refs cost them the game 😳. That one call where Hughes tapped Jones out of bounds and they picked up the flag is the only bad call I can think of that went against them and that's even debatable 

that was a good no call. the dude tapped him tried grabbing his jersey so he would not fall and the dude tripped. go watch it again.. and again... good no call

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He looks like a high-end backup to me.  Jay Fiedler.

I can see that. He’s been the beneficiary of a great run game and defense. But if that defense can’t stop a team like they couldn’t today, he’s gonna struggle. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

They are trying hard to hide him though…they’ve got 9–10 blockers in on every play to stuff the run and give him almost no responsibility

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

What a difference 24 hours makes.   Yesterday, my brain was in a pretzel trying to think through the WC scenarios and who we need to root for.

Today, back in 1st place in the AFCE.  Season ain't over yet, but it's nice to be back in control of our destiny.

I've been smiling since the end of the game. I like these kinds of Sundays. Best win of the year.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Any idea why Josh isn't very good at QB sneaks? My theory is that he is too big and tall which means he can't sneak in the little opening like Mac Jones did today. Or is it as simple as the O-line isn't very good?

It’s not his size. Brady’s one of the best QB sneakers in history and he’s almost as tall. But I agree he’s not good at them. Yet.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen was fantastic. But others really contributed. Singletary looked strong, fast, and decisive. McKenzie was awesome, the Oline who I have severely criticised was very very good. To boot, injuried and missing starters. Lastly, the coaches, game plan, and play calling was very good. 

It was a great win! The D not so great but right now who cares! Let's savor this moment because it feels great...

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.