12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

I'm mainly thinking about all of the good Bills plays.

But I was concerned about Jones for a bit earlier in the season.  Now, not so much.  He's just a rookie, and of course he could develop & be very good - but he was so overhyped.  He looked like a rookie, and like a typical game manager.  

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Another snarky, circle the wagons response from Tim Graham. First of all, what would he know about what would be top of mind to an NFL player coming off a field? Not that he has experienced that or anything close to it.  Second, Poyer is right to call out the buffoonery from Sullivan.  I suspect the massive disrespect they have received from the local media was a motivating factor. Whatever works.

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Success said:

I like it, personally.  Sullivan put a chip on his shoulder - he didn't forget.

It's the Tom Brady school of "let even the smallest slight motivate you."

I like Poyer taking the question personally. However, the offense won this game. Number 17 played like the best QB in the league. I'm not sure if the Bills ever punted the ball. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

Any one else notice that every time Ryan Bates gets a chance to play anywhere on the line he looks really solid, hes got to be one of our best 5 right?

I’ve been begging for this all year. Always values backup center more than the starting 5. I don’t get it. With the play of the oline this year, keeping him on the bench is more criminal than what they’ve done to McKenzie. At least I get that with our WR depth. But our oline has been *****. 

I can’t say enough about the Offense today. Maybe the Best flowing game plan I have seen all season. I thought a key to this game was that Josh needed to patient and take what was given. Get him moving a bit to use his athleticism . He did a phenomenal job. 

So nice to also see Devin sitting underneath as an outlet. They dared Josh to ignore that and Josh picked them apart underneath. 

The offensive line looked really good today. I really wanted Spencer Brown to smack Judon in the face lol

The offense needs to run with this. McKenzie put it all on the line and to me that effort should warrant more playing time. 

Maybe my only concerns today game wise, Mcd wasting a timeout when clearly the Pats would more than likely score at the goal line. 

End of first half running out the clock why is Josh running it?

The Defense lack of Qb sacks still worry me, the penalties are troublesome.   some tough Drops and yes Josh didn’t put them in perfect places but Sanders and Kummerow could have come down with those balls. Players make extraordinary catches every week.

I hope it’s a miserable Holiday for Pats fans and let’s enjoy this. The boys are coming home for what we hope is theee home games in a row! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He needs to retire because his schtick is old. But then he would spend more time on this forum pretending to be Scott the Lawyer so I’m on the fence 

I'm in the minority. I've always like Sullivan. Sure he's not always right and very critical as well. He does give credit when it's due. In many respects, some could say the same about other posters here.

• Disagree 4
  • Dislike 3

Keep in mind lots of simulations have these 2 teams meeting AGAIN in the playoffs.

That was with either team winning today and winning the division (under different sets of circumstances obviously).

I would LOVE to get a NE matchup in the playoffs; we are the better team and their QB doesn't scare me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hawaii50 said:

Read an article from one of the Boston papers yesterday that said “for the Bills to have a chance to win they must…”.  Arrogance to the max!

Yep.

As we know from the last two decades, having the better QB is the trump card.

while NE may be better at many other positions, Josh is so much better than Mac Jones which makes the bills the better team IMO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

He doesn't understand because Tim Graham has never been called out and attempted to be embarrassed by a member of the media.

Jerry Sullivan actually commented on this a while ago; suggesting he (and them media) played a role in the Bills SB run, as the team had to prove something based on the media bating them.  Or something like that.

We may all owe Jerry a thank you;  he also needs to keep tweeting Bills loss predictions!

LOL

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I'm in the minority. I've always like Sullivan. Sure he's not always right and very critical as well. He does give credit when it's due. In many respects, some could say the same about other posters here.

Okay, you being Jerry Sullivan explains a lot.

• Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.