December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, Draconator said:

I personally want to see the Bills absolutely destroy the Patriot's tonight. Shut up all those who are picking the Pats to reach the AFC Championship Game, etc. 

I"m so tired of the "Boogie man" talk. Its so dumb. This is not the same Bills team of the previous 20 years and this isnt even the same pats team. Its such a lazy and tired narrative.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I"m so tired of the "Boogie man" talk. Its so dumb. This is not the same Bills team of the previous 20 years and this isnt even the same pats team. Its such a lazy and tired narrative.

giphy.gif&ehk=4hcVefcall2Q2ELQmWWIlVlKJq

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

We will have our strongest possible offensive line combination out there. Have had 11 days to prepare. Have seen the Pats ascend to the #1 seed. No excuses. Just find a way to win. 

The Pats are a quality opponent this season, like it or not. Jones isn't spectacular...but he doesn't need to be. Their RBs are good. Time for the Bills to hunt.

I don't see us losing this game. 

Preach Brother!!! 🙏

• Like (+1) 1

I am thinking this game will certainly be hard fought, but as the game wears on, the *Pats will begin to look out matched. We are going to win this game in the trenches and nobody is going to see that coming. The fat boys are back. We'll run the ball effectively. Josh will then put a dagger in their hearts with a little play action pass. The defense will play press coverage and disrupt that short passing game and the big uglies on the DL will make Mac uncomfortable. I see a couple of blitzes coming. That RT of NE's is 360lbs. Watch for a speed rush to that tub of lard's side.

29 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Tough and disciplined.  That’s what I’m hoping for tonight.  I can live with a loss if we play tough and disciplined football.  

I'd rather get the win anyway any how. A loss is very hurtful to a Bills successful season. Tonight, isn't the time to suffer a loss at the expense of being "tough and disciplined." Just win baby...

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, teef said:

who will be the biggest downer poster leading up to the game today?  that's the real question.

This is what we all wanted. Big regular season game with the division at stake. Would we rather be the Jets playing out the string. I was at MetLife yesterday. I estimate the crowd at 45,000 - 50,000 tops in an 80,000 seat stadium. Half the fans were Eagles fans. A situation like that is depressing. Only good thing yesterday was the weather. It was around 50 and sunny so the tailgating was good.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, colin said:

a close game is of course possible, but my gut tells us we will know in the first quarter which way this will end up.  i expect the winner to kind of dominate the loser.  i have it 40% the pats just truck us and we get pushed around, 35% we show improve, body them up, and allen just makes super man plays to dominate the pats.  of the 25% in the middle, i see us grinding out a win at 20%, and the pats sneaking one at 5%.  so, i have us winning 55% of the time, but getting dominated 40% of the time.  this will be the biggest statement game of the season.

This just gave me a headache.

• Haha (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Tough and disciplined.  That’s what I’m hoping for tonight.  I can live with a loss if we play tough and disciplined football.  

I don't care if the Bills show up wearing ballerina outfits and perform the Nutcracker as long as they win. Winning supersedes everything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I don't care if the Bills show up wearing ballerina outfits and perform the Nutcracker as long as they win. Winning supersedes everything.

I give the Bills a 62.333% chance of winning and a .0000567% chance of showing up in tutus. I’d also like to point out that 78.6% of all statistics are made up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Anyone else remember the last game in 2008? It was Pats at bills and it was ridiculously windy. I vaguely remember the bills being too conservative, while bilechick had Cassel (Brady was out for the season) throwing it. I just hope the bills coaching staff doesn't over think this and play too conservative 

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Curious to see if Moss is inactive again.

Might have all 3 RBs up tonight considering potential weather/wind?

But if active, does that send a signal to hoodie about the game plan?

Different things to think about in the Moss decision.

he won't know he's active until 90 minutes before kickoff....how much of a  signal can it be? we all know both teams will be running more than passing

10 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Anyone else remember the last game in 2008? It was Pats at bills and it was ridiculously windy. I vaguely remember the bills being too conservative, while bilechick had Cassel (Brady was out for the season) throwing it. I just hope the bills coaching staff doesn't over think this and play too conservative 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=281228002

Pats attempted 8 passes that day to the Bills’ 25. But I agree with your point, let’s not just “pound the rock”

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don't know if this site will be able to handle a loss. I have a feeling I and going to see "Site not available" if they lose.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

If you expected The Nucch's memes/gifs/vids/attachments to be long winded and contrary to the man himself...you'd be making as big a mistake as #MJ10 deciding to go with tennis shoes tonight.

Thank you, Nucch...see everyone, it is not that hard to make a brief, but epic take.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Steptide said:

It was the opposite -- Cassel only threw it 8 times (9 including the sack). They ran it 47 times. The Bills threw it 25 times (27 including the two sacks) and ran it 35 times. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200812280buf.htm

Edited by dave mcbride

15 minutes ago, Don Dokken said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=281228002

Pats attempted 8 passes that day to the Bills’ 25. But I agree with your point, let’s not just “pound the rock”

Cut me a little slack, it was 13 years ago 😂

I just remember the bills not being able to do anything in that weather, and if I remember correctly, the Patriots were using wind direction to their advantage 

• Like (+1) 1

This has worked out perfect for the Bills. Monday Night Game, Patriots on a 6 game winning streak ( beating absolutely no one). The Patriots are the # 1 seed  in the AFC. The entire media is crowning the Patriots  👑 AFC Champs. And AFC Super Bowl Representatives. We are in Orchard Park with our Strong Armed QB. And our #1 Defense. (Minus Tre 😢). This is exactly where we want to be. Scared? Of what? We are the better team at home. Trying to beat the #1 seed. What more do you want. LFG💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

C2F92AE5-0982-49D3-9A23-86D1B908EB5E.jpeg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Saw a post on social media from espn, it was a picture of Mac jones and it said that the pats are the current 1 seed

It made my blood boil

My blood boiled

Let's hope the team saw that and THEIR blood is boiling!  If the Bills don't come out with some serious attitude this could be a long night....

• Agree 1

For me this comes down to penalties and turnovers......limit those and the Bills will win.

The fans will be nausiating if the Pats win this game......and I live in NE, will have to see it everyday, not just online.   For my mental health, I need the Bills to win, they care about me right?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

We will have our strongest possible offensive line combination out there. Have had 11 days to prepare. Have seen the Pats ascend to the #1 seed. No excuses. Just find a way to win. 

The Pats are a quality opponent this season, like it or not. Jones isn't spectacular...but he doesn't need to be. Their RBs are good. Time for the Bills to hunt.

I don't see us losing this game. 

If we lose this one, for me that's the season, right there, we'll be a continual question mark on the what if we had drafted a running back for power game.  What if we had found a larger body in the trenches to stop the run?  It'll be the game which defines whether we are truthfully a force in the AFC or if we need to start answering question marks over staff, players, and mindset.  

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It was the opposite -- Cassel only threw it 8 times (9 including the sack). They ran it 47 times. The Bills threw it 25 times (27 including the two sacks) and ran it 35 times. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200812280buf.htm

I was at that game, and my god it was bad.  I went with two pats fans from college (good guys!) and we had seats in the Mark Kuelsow club.  I was drunk and chanting "You don't know what you're doing" to Skeletor like a British soccer fan.

And that team roster...Derek Fine? Xavier Omon? Holy hell. What a mess.  That was a Drought team if there ever was one.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

who will be the biggest downer poster leading up to the game today?  that's the real question.

Its a three man race right now and its going to be a photo finish but FilthyBeast, Gene, and newcam are all bringing their A game this morning.  

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mattynh said:

For me this comes down to penalties and turnovers......limit those and the Bills will win.

The fans will be nausiating if the Pats win this game......and I live in NE, will have to see it everyday, not just online.   For my mental health, I need the Bills to win, they care about me right?

For me this is an absolute must win game which determines everything from Coaching, to players, and management.  Winning for this game is the only thing which matters.  It doesn't matter if it's a close game it'll be the deciding factor in whether or not we are an elite force in the AFC.  If not there's to many question marks and variables to really know what could've been.  My feeling is that it will determine whether or not we make the playoffs.  We lose this and we might as well just say next season, check the tapes, trust the process, and build back better with a middle of the road pick.