JA17 - Angry Run

ndirish1978

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Look at the block on Byron Jones (24) that springs Allen to get the 1st down.

That's 6'1" 194 lb Jones being walled away from the tackle by 5'8", 173 lb (maybe-dripping wet with cleats on) Isaiah McKenzie

Jones got his hands on Josh up to top, and Josh just kind of swats him away like a gnat at a BBQ. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

There was another view that made it look like he was wading through a school of fish. 

Awesome run and definitely should be considered for the Angry Run of the week

Yeah, the replay from the end zone view was more impressive. It showed him running through and over people. I hope they have that one.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

His best "angry run" of all time was for the first down against Dallas on Thanksgiving

That’s gotta be up there, but one of my favorites is last year against Miami when he tossed Van Noy to the ground and Kyle Brant added Josh’s dialog of “Now sit there, and think about what you did!” Classic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

His best "angry run" of all time was for the first down against Dallas on Thanksgiving

Idk, I think the one where he planted Van Noy on his back, then stepped over him, was the best one he had because ended up plowing someone else after that too. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s gotta be up there, but one of my favorites is last year against Miami when he tossed Van Noy to the ground and Kyle Brant added Josh’s dialog of “Now sit there, and think about what you did!” Classic.

That was a classic.  Dudnt he also facemask Aaron Donald escaping from him, that was beautiful.  Dawson Knox versus the Bengals was anther great Bills angry run.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

That was a classic.  Dudnt he also facemask Aaron Donald escaping from him, that was beautiful.  Dawson Knox versus the Bengals was anther great Bills angry run.

no Josh facemasked someone else and used them as a human shield against Donald I believe.

• Like (+1) 1

Contrast that to the Tua 3rd down run when he dove prior to reaching the first down marker. As soon as he dove, I thought, "Josh would have made the first down and added a couple of yards for good measure." A while later, he did!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

At the 32 yard line a Linebacker grabs him around the waist Then slides to his ankles and then falls off at the 30 and skids on his back to the 28 by the end of the play. Josh and Christian Wilkins (6’4” 310 lb) collide at the 28 yard line and Josh drives him onto his back then bursts through the gap he created before being pushed OOB at the 23 yard line. You have to go second by second to see how impressive it is.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

At the 32 yard line a Linebacker grabs him around the waist Then slides to his ankles and then falls off at the 30 and skids on his back to the 28 by the end of the play. Josh and Christian Wilkins (6’4” 310 lb) collide at the 28 yard line and Josh drives him onto his back then bursts through the gap he created before being pushed OOB at the 23 yard line. You have to go second by second to see how impressive it is.

Seriously, I hadn't seen that. Wilkins barrels into Josh and just bounces off of him onto the ground, while Josh steps right over him. Wow.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Yeah, he trucked Wilkins on that play. I didn’t appreciate it until seeing replays. I’m sure that contributed to Wilkins’s later frustration with Allen.

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I thought his TD run was better!! The way he gave the LB a forearm shove in the end zone, then flexed his muscles. 😂

DITTO. I was just going to write the same thing. When #17 gave the miami guy the stiffarm shove after he had already scored in the back of the endzone was sheer RAWR Josh Allen Style :-))) GETOUTTAMYWAY

rawrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I think Josh Allen plays football like a kid at times just fearless, so gifted. And He's OURS !!~!~!~!!!~!!!!!

Edited by Muppy

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Followed by the Miami game when he drove that former pats guy into the ground , kept going and did the same to his teammate, that was classic Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

How can that not be an angry run nominee?  He has to break 3 tackles.  And they were all tackles that should have happened.  The one guy hanging onto his waste should have had him and then the 2 guys in front of him should have had him.

Allen is just a special angry beast.

Because Gene said it isn't an angry run.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.