What was up with Beasley today?

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

He isn't getting booed.  

I’m there stone sober at least 30 minutes before intros and I have to say I haven’t heard anyone boo that guy.  Not a peep.  So the whole “tired of getting booed” thing is nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I guess playing only 50% of the snaps will get any starter a little pissy ;) 

The gameplan definitely focused on running and throwing to Diggs, Knox and Sanders today. Whether that was matchup based or an effort to get certain aspects tuned up before next week, I don’t know. But, seeing Beas’ only reception being a sideline throw was odd. We’ll see what is up next week. If this continues, we can assume there is a story here.

• Like (+1) 1

He had 11 catches last week and 25 for the season. On pace for over 100 receptions. If he is whining he needs to shut up. After an 11 reception game and playing in bad weather where you would expect more underneath throws the Texans decided to bracket him a bit more. That just made more room for Diggs and others. Suck it up Cole and wait your turn. 

I like Gabe Davis and Sanders but Cole is devastating in the slot. So far Gabe is the odd man out and it should stay that way as Sanders has been phenomenal too.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't have a problem with it.  All great receivers want the ball and are typically vocal about it.  I don't agree with Beas's political/vax stance, but he's a hell of a football player who we need to be at his best to have this offense really humming.  I have no doubt that he'll bounce back with a solid game against KC.

It may be more difficult to distinguish EEEEEEEEEEE vs. OOOOOOOOO while watching on TV, but at the stadium it is clearly B-EEEEEEEEEEEE-S and not B-OOOOOOOOOOOOO.  I was also one of the people yelling B-EEEEEEEEEEE-S along with everyone else within ear-shot of me.

He is getting all love at the stadium, notwithstanding the whole vax thing.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

Someone needs to clue this guy in.  Apparently, his Vax paranoia has spilled over to his hearing. 🙄

Someone with Twitter know if fans are re-tweeting him letting him know the fans definitely AREN'T booing him? Cole is making himself look pretty silly here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If he's hearing boos then shame on those doing the booing. 

I disagree with this.  People have the right to speak their mind.  It’s the American way.  I’m telling you, though: I’ve never had a drink inside that stadium, and I’ve had a total of one drink in the parking lot outside of that stadium in 35 years.  (It was before the Jets game we lost on the KO return in OT during the Bledsoe years.)  I don’t hear what Cole is talking about.  Not a peep.  

Bizarre tweet. Almost every reply to him are fans who were at the game stating they were chanting BEEEAAASSSS.

I've been on his side through all this, but he's making it real difficult right now.  

Really not what we need heading into a national game against the Chiefs.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Bizarre tweet. Almost every reply to him are fans who were at the game stating they were chanting BEEEAAASSSS.

I've been on his side through all this, but he's making it real difficult right now.  

He's getting himself pumped. If he needs to use the fans to do that, hey, at least we're contributing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

paranoia can be overwhelming to some as we can see here. Shame.

Just now, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

He's getting himself pumped. If he needs to use the fans to do that, hey, at least we're contributing.

It's a bizarre psychology that needs to build up his own fan base as hostile to get pumped. The importance of the game itself and our recent struggles against KC ought to be enough.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

I was going to give you a laugh emoji for this, but then I realized that CTE really isn't funny.  But i get what you mean.

The joke is that for many fans their defacto kneejerk reaction for any player's headscratching behavior is to yell CTE.  But I agree, CTE itself is obviously no joke.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

The joke is that for many fans their defacto kneejerk reaction for any player's headscratching behavior is to yell CTE.  But I agree, CTE itself is obviously no joke.

I get it.  And I admit that I laughed at your post.  😊

• Like (+1) 1

I was one of the people who thought this wasn't a distraction and wouldn't be.  I may have been wrong.  He needs to lose the complex or he will lose his fans and teammates.  

Sanders has stepped up....need to get Gabe back involved...and Mckenzie can take his spot.  

Trade him and sign Johnny brown back to PS if he doesn't chill out. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 2

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Obviously he felt like he was getting booed. Not his fault for hearing that. Maybe he wasn't, but he obviously couldn't tell the difference, which is not his fault.

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh no 

I sit right below the press box on the home side and he is definitely being boos.    But the majority of the people making noise, like myself,  are saying "Beeeez".   The low frequency of the boos drowns out the "eeee" and makes it sound like A LOT more boo's than there are.

And the idea that the people booing him are asking for autographs is absurd..........they despise the guy.    Beasley is just very immature.........always perceiving the maximum degree of slight.........he was that way in Dallas too.    They treated him well and the fans loved him but he left there pouting.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if things escalated to where they had to release him in-season because he's THAT disruptive with his lack of emotional intelligence.    Unfortunately,  even though he's still very good I don't think anyone would trade anything for him given his vax status.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

beasley is clearly head strong and entrenched so far into his rhetoric he keeps poking the bear ridiculous. He wants boos he may get some now smh.

I cheer him for his play. Period. Questioning and scapegoating the entire bills mafia fanbase for the actions of maybe a few drunk a-holes does not fly with me. IMO he should just play the game and the rest give it a rest. Its getting tired. Politics and football dont mix. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Obviously he felt like he was getting booed. Not his fault for hearing that. Maybe he wasn't, but he obviously couldn't tell the difference, which is not his fault.

Then he should have verified that before taking to Twitter.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who could've told him people were chanting BEASSS not BOO.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Then he should have verified that before taking to Twitter.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who could've told him people were chanting BEASSS not BOO.  

One guy on Twitter says his entire section was booing him.

There's obviously not consensus on this. There are fans who think he is getting booed, and the actual player thinks it too.

It sounds like a big misunderstanding, but I don't blame those people for thinking it is booing. Beasley isn't alone in that.

His Time in Buffalo Ends this year IMO.  They will move on from him just like they did Brown.  I would not be surprised if he is dealt at the deadline, Stevenson was drafted to take that spot over.  Knox is clearly coming into his own as well, and that makes Beasley less important as a TE exploits same areas a Slot does.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hopefully he'll get THOUSANDS of replies like he's been getting and realize that if ANY Bills fans are booing, its clearly just a tiny percentage. Nobody in our area in 335 has booed him in any of the games yet that I've noticed.

• Thank you (+1) 1