What was up with Beasley today?

4 minutes ago, Process said:

95%+ of medical professionals recommend the vaccine, but Cole listens to the conspiracy theories

95%+ of bills fans cheer for him at the games, but he listens to the handful of drunks behind the bench giving him a hard time

If he didn't want a reaction, maybe he shouldn't have spent all summer ranting on social media and spreading misinformation

I'd love to support Cole but the guy is a loser

Bottom line is this. Buffalo won by 40 yesterday in a game that he didn't do jack in. He's good but NOT irreplaceable. If he is a distraction I don't expect McD or Beane to tolerate it much longer. He will end up inactive or traded.  I don't see them just cutting him and letting him stroll to KC.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, chris heff said:

How long do you think McDermott tolerates Beasley creating a distraction. I’m I the only one that saw the exchange between them yesterday?

Nope I saw it as well as everyone watching on TV saw it.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

His Time in Buffalo Ends this year IMO.  They will move on from him just like they did Brown.  I would not be surprised if he is dealt at the deadline, Stevenson was drafted to take that spot over.  Knox is clearly coming into his own as well, and that makes Beasley less important as a TE exploits same areas a Slot does.  

Unfortunately I agree.  I wish it wasn't this way but the guy is possibly becoming a distraction.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Bottom line is this. Buffalo won by 40 yesterday in a game that he didn't do jack in. He's good but NOT irreplaceable. If he is a distraction I don't expect McD or Beane to tolerate it much longer. He will end up inactive or traded.  I don't see them just cutting him and letting him stroll to KC.  

This. Beas belongs in the Hall of pretty good plus a couple of very good years. He has been a great safety valve, but I don't think he is irreplaceable. I think McKenzie is more dangerous with the ball in his hands. And I think moving Diggs, Sanders, and Davis around is just as good as committing Beasley to the slot. 

Also, if he is looking to get out of Buffalo, he is doing a good job. He cannot reasonably expect to stick around here and go on twitter with stuff like "I thought Buffalo had the best fans in the word" BS and expect the fanbase not to start to actually turn on him. 

• Like (+1) 6

10 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Drawing conclusions from a game against one of the worst teams in the NFL?

Cole is one of the best, maybe the best, pure slot WR in the league.  It's also clear that he has a tight bond with our franchise QB, and is well liked in a tight knit locker room.  

McDermott surely doesn't love his random decisions to tweet whatever is on his mind, but you don't cut guys who played through broken legs, are one of the best at their position and well liked in the locker room.   

Posts like this are as reactionary and ridiculous and Beasley's tweet earlier today.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

This. Beas belongs in the Hall of pretty good plus a couple of very good years. He has been a great safety valve, but I don't think he is irreplaceable. I think McKenzie is more dangerous with the ball in his hands. And I think moving Diggs, Sanders, and Davis around is just as good as committing Beasley to the slot. 

Also, if he is looking to get out of Buffalo, he is doing a good job. He cannot reasonably expect to stick around here and go on twitter with stuff like "I thought Buffalo had the best fans in the word" BS and expect the fanbase not to start to actually turn on him. 

Definitely not irreplaceable but he does make some tough clutch catches for us. He is a top slot receiver in this league.

Edited by Scott7975

It’s hard to fully understand what his motivation for the tweets are without context.  Looks like at least one of them may be a response to Mark Cuban. 

I’ve been to the first three games (for the first time since he was signed) and it does sound more like “boo” than “beease” to me.  But if this has been the same sound fans have been making for several years, he should know that as well as anyone.

But maybe this is just him responding and having Twitter arguments with other people, rather than him calling out Bills fans specifically. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Cole is one of the best, maybe the best, pure slot WR in the league.  It's also clear that he has a tight bond with our franchise QB, and is well liked in a tight knit locker room.  

McDermott surely doesn't love his random decisions to tweet whatever is on his mind, but you don't cut guys who played through broken legs, are one of the best at their position and well liked in the locker room.   

Posts like this are as reactionary and ridiculous and Beasley's tweet earlier today.  

What about One that well obviously isnt respecting his teammates per his OWN WORDS.  He will not be on the 2022 Bills 

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

It’s hard to fully understand what his motivation for the tweets are without context.  Looks like at least one of them may be a response to Mark Cuban. 

I’ve been to the first three games (for the first time since he was signed) and it does sound more like “boo” than “beease” to me.  But if this has been the same sound fans have been making for several years, he should know that as well as anyone.

But maybe this is just him responding and having Twitter arguments with other people, rather than him calling out Bills fans specifically. 

There is no Context Needed  His FIRST TWEET of the day (Mind you this is after he said he would stay off twitter out of respect for his teammates.  

8 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

If people truly are boo'ing him... that's an awful look for our fanbase.  

The 'best fans in football" don't boo one of their own simply because they disagree with a stance they've taken, and/or how vocal they are about it.  

Sadly, he'll likely feel more love when he comes down here to play his away games in Bills-friendly stadiums than he does in his own home. 

Not many moments make me feel ashamed to be a Bills fan.... this would be one. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Says you.

I've stated many times on the past that Beasley is very talented. At some point, talent gets overshadowed. 

I can't imagine how you know how well he is liked and how is constant flow of social media bull is actually looked at an the locker room and by the coaching staff. However for everyone that sides with him there are, I'm sure, players thinking he should just zip it and play ball.

And no, playing the Texans doesn't factor into it. He is 100% replaceable and if I am allowed to speculate as you have, I would say the plan has been for this to to his last season in Buffalo all along. Sanders is excellent working underneath. Knox is emerging quickly. Davis is healing up and will eventually be able to play full snaps. 

Between his age, cap number and now his constant battle with common sense...dash in some amount of paranoid behavior...yea wouldn't be shocking if it expedited his departure from Buffalo.