What was up with Beasley today?

4 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Probably getting sick of beeing booed during intro's and everytime they say his name over the PA system. I'm kinda starting to feel bad for the guy. The boo's when he comes out of the tunnel during intro's are brutally loud. Fans are horrible. When he makes a catch, the fans cheer. Once they announce who caught it, the fans then boo. It's ridiculous. Someone near me said are you sure they are chanting "COOOLE". I'm like, there is no way that makes any sense. You can't make "Cole" sound like a low "ooooooo" sound.

I tried to convince myself they’re saying “BEEEAASE!” in a somewhat unorthodox way.

Probably getting sick of beeing booed during intro's and everytime they say his name over the PA system. I'm kinda starting to feel bad for the guy. The boo's when he comes out of the tunnel during intro's are brutally loud. Fans are horrible. When he makes a catch, the fans cheer. Once they announce who caught it, the fans then boo. It's ridiculous. Someone near me said are you sure they are chanting "COOOLE". I'm like, there is no way that makes any sense. You can't make "Cole" sound like a low "ooooooo" sound.

He isn’t beaing boo’d…people are saying “Bease” 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

Was at the game.  People in my section were yelling “Bease “.  Didn’t hear any booing.

Exactly. Same in my section. I think every team does their own version of “Bruuuuuuuce” if a player’s name is close enough. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He has been getting the same sound since he got here whenever he makes a catch. Maybe people have forgotten about it with no fans last year, but since week 1 I have just presumed it was the "Beas" chant rather than booing. 

From tv i thought it was booing, BUT i think youre right about forgetting cause of last year. Sounds stupid, but im relieved!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

😂😂 you couldn’t be more wrong 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Are they booing? You don't get a sense of that on TV at all.

He was one of my two favorite Bills last year. This year I can't bring myself to cheer for the guy. I don't think I would boo, but I'm not happy when he catches the ball the way I am with the others.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Never heard him boo'd 

I've always heard people yell beeeeassss .. for years 

Including now

I hope so. I also hope he's off the team next year. And I don't like myself for saying that. 

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

The amount of effort some fans on this board put in to making up crap to worry about is astounding. No one was booing Beasley. There's only one football. Every player can't be featured every game. There are going to be games were skill players don't put up stats and IT'S OK. They don't suck, they aren't regressing. My God to have so many weapons to chose from is a luxury and a benefit to this team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Are they booing? You don't get a sense of that on TV at all.

He was one of my two favorite Bills last year. This year I can't bring myself to cheer for the guy. I don't think I would boo, but I'm not happy when he catches the ball the way I am with the others.

I hope so. I also hope he's off the team next year. And I don't like myself for saying that. 

I just think you need to separate football from personal decisions

I won't root for OJ because he's a murderer.. Cole Beasley sign me up

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I just think you need to separate football from personal decisions

I won't root for OJ because he's a murderer.. Cole Beasley sign me up

If you can do that, great. I can't. To me, a moral issue is a big part of this. Can't cheer for the guy. It depresses me that that's so, but it is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

If you can do that, great. I can't. To me, a moral issue is a big part of this. Can't cheer for the guy. It depresses me that that's so, but it is.

Absolutely right, I'll be happy when he makes plays for the Bills, but rather they be made by other Bills players.  I guess I have my line in the sand.

• Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

The amount of effort some fans on this board put in to making up crap to worry about is astounding. No one was booing Beasley. There's only one football. Every player can't be featured every game. There are going to be games were skill players don't put up stats and IT'S OK. They don't suck, they aren't regressing. My God to have so many weapons to chose from is a luxury and a benefit to this team. 

he is on my fantasy team  so i started to watch him closely after he wasn't getting targets. Looks like houston was taking him away- he was bracketed by 2 guys a lot. 

13 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The moral issue is that you shouldn't judge people

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, cDAVIS said:

Dude they are saying 'beaaaas' and they've been doing it since he was on the team. He is not getting booed.

I'm not kidding or using sarcasm. I really heard "beeeaaaasss" all this time, not booing. So... which is true? It would suck big time if fans are booing him!

Edit: and from other posts, it seems it's beeeaassss all right. The Bruce analogy is a good one ha ha. 

But yeah, I did notice he and Josh were not on the same page going to the huddle, and he only caught his first ball late in the game. Very strange. Hopefully a temporary thing. Cole can't be mad for the first 3 games as he was targeted a lot and it shows.

Edited by Jerome007
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I'm not kidding or using sarcasm. I really heard "beeeaaaasss" all this time, not booing. So... which is true? It would suck big time if fans are booing him!

Nobody is booing him.   I go to the games too.   They are cheering for him saying his name in a way that sounds similar to booing.   Same thing with Rousseau, Hughes, etc.

And nobody talks about or cares about his stance on Covid Vaccinations except for a handful of people on this board who get cranked up over it.    Honestly, it never gets talked about even for a second in any of the tailgate parties I have attended.    People mostly don't care one way or the other.    Bills fans love the guy and want them on this team because he is a great player.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6