Josh Gordon joining the Chiefs

Gambit

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

No, but Sammy was a bigger part than Gabbert. And to my point, doesnt need to be an All-Pro consistent player in order to contribute to them winning. Watkins did ok in KC, and had a couple break out games himself, where he starred as the 3rd or 4th option.

I could see Gordon fill that same role. And while I'm not scared of him, would really hate to see him have even his one break out game against us (or at any time for the Chiefs).

Fine but you’re using a straw man argument.  That wasn’t his original point.  

What can Gordon in 2021 do that Hardman can’t?

I'm not shocked. The NFL will scrape off the bottom of the barrel if they think a guy can play (Micharl Vick) prime example

I don't begrudge this man a living I pray he is straight and off the drugs now. As far has his career he's an opponent and will get no mercy from me #enemy haha

m

9 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Fine but you’re using a straw man argument.  That wasn’t his original point.  

What can Gordon in 2021 do that Hardman can’t?

Not really a strawman considering it's my post and point that first started being quoted. I was clarifying and reiterating my original point.

As for Hardman... right, exactly. I dont expect him to beat out Hardman for a starting spot. I expect Gordon to be in the wings, for when a team does successfully neutralize Hill and Kelce and Hardman. Just like Byron Pringle (who?!?) had 2/63 and 1 TD against Baltimore, that's the role Gordon steps in. I assume he can do as well, if not better than Byron Pringle. Or a Daurice Fountain.

It's not a great thing when a team like KC adds to their depth.

Folks can scoff at Gordon, and rightfully so, it's probably a safe bet that he'll do nothing. But I'd rather see him elsewhere. Like back in Seattle.

• Like (+1) 2

This is a baffling signing to me. KCs biggest issue is their defense, at least right now. And for all the talk about Allen playing uncharacteristally, Mahomes looked like a rookie yesterday and to me, signing Gordon won't help with that. Unless KC lost a receiver no one knows about?

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

6 TDs in the last 7 years.  I would of thought that KC would be looking for help on the D.

It's a puzzlement.

Offense is the best defense 😁😁

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You pick up this POS and SmokeY Brown is still a free agent?  GTF outta here, Chefs.

Wow, didnt know Brown was out. He was solid for us.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Offense is the best defense 😁😁

Wow, didnt know Brown was out. He was solid for us.

Believe it or don't, John Brown was not picked up after requesting his release from the Raiders (Gruden actually had him behind Zay ***** Jones).  He's still a free agent, just waiting for some lucky team to grab him.  The Jest should be all over him, but they're too stupid.  Then I see that the Chefs are giving this POS Gordon yet another chance.  Makes me wonder if John Brown is getting blackballed, or maybe asking for too much money.  Why would anyone in their right mind sign Gordon before SmokeY?  I just can't get my head wrapped around the absurdity.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2

Lol, so to make it interesting who wants to put money down to see how fast he ends up back on the Commissioners exempt list? 

19 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Believe it or don't, John Brown was not picked up after requesting his release from the Raiders (Gruden actually had him behind Zay ***** Jones).  He's still a free agent, just waiting for some lucky team to grab him.  The Jest should be all over him, but they're too stupid.  then I see that the Chefs are giving this POS Gordon yet another chance.  Make me wonder if John Brown is getting blackballed, or maybe asking for too much money.  Why would anyone in their right mind sign Gordon before SmokeY?  I just can't get my head wrapped around the absurdity.

Probably he’s asking for too much money. He had a down season last year due to injuries and was not playing well when healthy. 

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Probably he’s asking for too much money. He had a down season last year due to injuries and was not playing well when healthy. 

He played 9 games, caught 33 for 458 (13.9 avg, on a team with 2 1000 yd receivers and Gabe Davis), 3 TD's and 22 first downs.  There are not 192 (32 * 6) receivers in the NFL that are better than John Brown.  I'm stunned he hasn't been picked up by the Jets or Jags, who could use a reliable receiver for their rookie QB's. 

This move seems a bit desperate on the surface because I'm really not sure what Gordon even has to offer at this point than just a 'name'.

I think the bigger issue with the Chiefs is their defense right now which I did not expect to be this bad but maybe they just need some time to find their groove similar to some of the Pats defenses in years past that seemed to be sieves early in the season but then became dominant by Nov/Dec.

I won't like it one bit if he becomes a factor in their offense.  On the other hand, if in three months that guy can make himself back into a big-time receiver, as Antonio Brown did to some extent, it will be one of the great personal comeback stories of all time.