Gameday Thread Preseason #2 Bills @ Bears 8/21 1st Half Thread

Guessing this has been talked about, but with so much good in this game, the bad really sticks out. And I really only have 4 bads:

1) Kumerow's 2 drops. It's really just one drop in my eyes because that first one his left arm was held, but he coulda caught that. 2nd drop was brutal. Still think he's firmly on the roster, but maybe this opens a window for the other TC darling in Lenoir. He DEFINITELY started making up for the drops with that impressive sideline catch and toe drag.

2) Knox dropped another ball. That plus Hollister looks good might help flip the starting TE sooner rather than later.

3) Epenesa just plain whiffed on a tackle he should have made. Obviously the sack late in the half was a good way to start to make up for it.

4) McKenzie muffed a punt. He’s an absolute roster lock, though. You can tell especially based on how much they went in his direction after that play on offense... maybe just showing confidence in him. And you can see why he's pretty much a roster lock with what he does on offense.

Some might point to Siran Neal on that TD from Dalton, but that was pretty solid coverage, just a great catch essentially off Neal's helmet. Thought Neal had a pretty solid first half.

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I am so relieved that we missed out on JJ Watt. Thank God the draft fell as it did. Bills look deep on DL, not only on DL but especially at DE, which is one of the hardest positions to fill. We’re locked and loaded.

Totally agree. Lookin like some studs there. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

If AJ, Groot and the RBs play like this in the regular season this team is winning the Superbowl. Good lord.

I've heard of pancake blocks, but never a pancake rush :lol:

2 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Epenesa dropped Williamson on his ass with a left arm strike to the right chest.  Just straight dropped a 300 lb dude.  Amazing!!!

I have to rewatch later. Did the tackle slip or did AJ just straight bust his ass?

Edited by BaaadThingsMan

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Guessing this has been talked about, but with so much good in this game, the bad really sticks out. And I really only have 4 bads:

1) Kumerow's 2 drops. It's really just one drop in my eyes because that first one his left arm was held, but he coulda caught that. 2nd drop was brutal. Still think he's firmly on the roster, but maybe this opens a window for the other TC darling in Lenoir. He DEFINITELY started making up for the drops with that impressive sideline catch and toe drag.

2) Knox dropped another ball. That plus Hollister looks good might help flip the starting TE sooner rather than later.

3) Epenesa just plain whiffed on a tackle he should have made. Obviously the sack late in the half was a good way to start to make up for it.

4) McKenzie muffed a punt. He’s an absolute roster lock, though. You can tell especially based on how much they went in his direction after that play on offense... maybe just showing confidence in him. And you can see why he's pretty much a roster lock with what he does on offense.

Some might point to Siran Neal on that TD from Dalton, but that was pretty solid coverage, just a great catch essentially off Neal's helmet. Thought Neal had a pretty solid first half.

Epenasa was getting great pressure.

• Agree 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I missed the last few seconds. Someone please recap? How'd we get that extra FG?

Red Rifle throws interception because his receiver fell down.  Returned to our 40ish.  Trubisky pass to Kumerow for 16 on right sideline.  Toe tap, hard catch, with 2 seconds left.  Bass does what Bass does.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Why is the red rifle starting? They need to sit him. 

I figured they want him against 3rd and 4th string to make him look good.

6 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

My thought is very solid backup this year .. next year he signs large contract and we get a third round compensatory draft pick in 2023 draft

Oh damn, nice didn't think of that.

Stock up/Stick Down notes first half:

STOCK UP:

Trubisky showing he can be a starter in this league and we have the best backup QB and best overall QB room in the NFL.

Kumerow locking in his roster spot 

Hollister stock way up and making the TE1 battle look a lot closer than perceived prior to this game.

Rousseau stock soaring proving to be ready for a major part of the rotation this year.  

AJE showing he is ready to start (something I projected in my roster mocks).

Singletary again showing he’s the best RB on this roster right now and will open as the week 1 starter.  

Gilliam I think locked down his roster spot, one I felt was already safe, but I think now it seals his spot for those who speculated he be cut to make room elsewhere 

STOCK DOWN:

Knox with a drop again, TE1 becoming more interesting position battle

Brieda another game showing nothing, starting to question his roster spot in my roster projections.  I think he may be becoming a guy who might be near the bubble going into final preseason game

McKenzie (as a returner) with the muff…doubt it changes much for him, but definitely a big no no.  Made nice offensive plays to make up for it though 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1