Bills hire Cynthia Frelund

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know what a digital content creator does exactly… 

Get ready to see our Bills go viral on TikTok.  Josh rollerblading while drinking cranberry juice, Feliciano's OnlyFans account, two kickers one athletic cup, etc.

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Which football talking heads don’t spew predictions left and right on all types of topics?? It’s what they all do pretty much every day.  

I’m thinking some of the posters here really here dislike women who make a living in football…

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. (But thanks for making that baseless assumption.)  I really like Kim Jones for example and feel that she provides excellent insight on the Bills.  I could rattle off a ton of male commentators that I can't stand, does that mean I dislike men making a living in football commentary?  I have no issue with predictions, some of Frelund's predictions seem unnecessarily specific.  I don't enjoy her style of reporting and don't feel like she provides much to the shows that I have seen her on other than her computer generated predictions.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

lol. 

I hope she changes her tune because she picked the Bills to lose more games 

I have never seen her pick games, but that doesn't mean she hasn't picked them. I have seen her report on what team her MODEL picks. Two completely different things.

As a guy who spend most of his career in research, I was bound by duty to report what the research data suggested. But that wasn't always MY opinion. Fortunately my bosses and colleagues typically asked what I personally believed. Sometimes it matched the data, but often enough it did not.  I would have liked her cohosts to ask her, at least once in a while, "But what do YOU think, Cynthia?"

Anyway, I see no downside here. She's bright and having more quality content is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 2

🥰 I like it. Have had a low key crush on her since she joined NFLN.

Checks a lot of boxes for me:

A woman who loves football

likes math and stats/ has a logical mind

can talk business (MBA and Finance background)

loves staying fit (pilates instructor)

is easy on the eyes

is learning how to bake

and is not married 😄

It will be interesting what kind of content she provides, and if she gets into the analytics side of things.

From the announcement: Frelund will join the Bills as their sideline reporter during the preseason TV game broadcasts. She will also host a digital segment during the season that dives into statistics and analytics surrounding the Bills.

Predictive modeling is really intense, but is fun too. It often goes against a gut feeling.

Cool hire by the Bills. Welcome to the team Cynthia!

Edited by ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I’m not an analytics guy but you can’t really fault someone for doing their job. That was what they hired her to do. 

Agreed. I don't care for percentages and probable outcomes. Too many variables to take into account to used that method as a guide. 

Since we don't have the Jills any longer having Cynthia, Jenna Cotrell, Kim Jones and Maddy Glab isn't too shabby. 😋

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. (But thanks for making that baseless assumption.)  I really like Kim Jones for example and feel that she provides excellent insight on the Bills.  I could rattle off a ton of male commentators that I can't stand, does that mean I dislike men making a living in football commentary?  I have no issue with predictions, some of Frelund's predictions seem unnecessarily specific.  I don't enjoy her style of reporting and don't feel like she provides much to the shows that I have seen her on other than her computer generated predictions.  

I wasn’t specifically referring to you per say…, 

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know what a digital content creator does exactly… 

I can’t tell you exactly what she will be doing, but my bet is on YOU to be the first one to post it here!   :)

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Yes. That's the one. Now I just need to figure out how to save it to my phone...😁

Click on 'reply to this topic', or the 'quote' box you see in the different replies in a thread.  Once you do, a header appears at the top that lets you bolden type, italicize type, or underline type.  Just to the right of that is a smiley emoticon.  Click on that, scroll all the way down past the flags, and you'll see a small selection of what are titled 'emoticons'.  Some are animated.

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

I can’t tell you exactly what she will be doing, but my bet is on YOU to be the first one to post it here!   :)

That's because Yolo is one of the better digital content curators out there... (Don't tell him, but he could be getting paid for the type of work he does for enjoyment)

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

That's because Yolo is one of the better digital content curators out there... (Don't tell him, but he could be getting paid for the type of work he does for enjoyment)

Wait….are you NOT sending him a weekly stipend???

I want an investigation!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Click on 'reply to this topic', or the 'quote' box you see in the different replies in a thread.  Once you do, a header appears at the top that lets you bolden type, italicize type, or underline type.  Just to the right of that is a smiley emoticon.  Click on that, scroll all the way down past the flags, and you'll see a small selection of what are titled 'emoticons'.  Some are animated.

Thank you. I guess I am not too old to learn something new!!! LOL. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Peter said:

CF is a very impressive person and I have enjoyed listening to her when I have seen her on TV.

It has been "interesting" to read some of the posters here criticize a person with the following background, which includes an MBA from Northwestern and a B.S. in biology from BC

"Cynthia Frelund is NFL Media's first analytics expert, and can be seen across a variety of NFL Media shows and platforms. During the week, you can see Cynthia on NFL Fantasy Live and every Sunday on NFL GameDay Morning at 9:00 AM ET. She joins the NFL from ESPN, where she was a Predictive Analytics Analyst for two years. Prior to that, she served as a business development manager for Disney ABC Television Group, and a finance analyst for the NFL. Frelund graduated from Boston College with a B.S. in Biology in 2005 before receiving her MBA in Finance, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation and continuing in the MS of Predictive Analytics at Northwestern University. She is a marathon runner, a former Pilates and group fitness instructor, and is involved with Bright Pink, a national non-profit organization focused on preventing breast and ovarian cancer in young women. Frelund was born and raised in Okemos, Michigan."

https://www.nfl.com/author/cynthia-frelund-talent

Getting an MBA exempts a person from criticism? Awesome! I have a lot to look forward to!

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, D521646 said:

OMG< she's one of the worst fantasy predictors ever!  Nice to look at but for any football IQ value I give this a big thumbs down..

Are there good fantasy predictors?  I’ve never bothered to listen to any pundits about fantasy.  I just need them to tell me who is dressed for the game and who isn’t. 

I think they should put her on one bills live with CB and Tasker. After listening to about 12 hours over last weekend, That show is struggling IMO and needs a 3rd party to jazz up the mood. 

I was hoping maybe they could get Jenna Cottrell , but Id love to see more of Freeland.

In all I like Freeland. She's a bit stiff on air but has improved over time, she has really been better over the last few months. Liked her analytics bit. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

22 hours ago, Weatherman said:

She is a woman of many talents and all of them align to my liking.  

I don't think she understands how lattice works.  That looks like a pre-schooler did it.  And her nose is too big.  What a crappy hire.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Getting an MBA exempts a person from criticism? Awesome! I have a lot to look forward to!

No, but compare her background and credentials with some of the comments about her. I can only imagine the brainiacs who are   the keyboard jockeys here and elsewhere . . . .

Don't worry . . . you can look forward to being criticized. 

Edited by Peter

On 8/11/2021 at 5:49 AM, Gugny said:

I don't think she understands how lattice works.  That looks like a pre-schooler did it.  And her nose is too big.  What a crappy hire.

Please take a moment and put your picture on here for all of us to judge and comment on.   I have a hunch you won't.

• Haha (+1) 2