Bills hire Cynthia Frelund

YoloinOhio

On 8/10/2021 at 9:02 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Terry is cheap! Seriously, she must have cost a lot to hire away from NFLN?

I assumed her K at NFL network wasn't renewed when I saw she joined the Bills.

Highly doubt we got in a bidding war for her services.

12 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I guess the mods deleted so....

Women can now leave the kitchen. I will clean the fish, set up the tent & haul the beer

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I assumed her K at NFL network wasn't renewed when I saw she joined the Bills.

Highly doubt we got in a bidding war for her services.

My guess is that she is still employed with NFLN and is doing this as a side gig.

• Haha (+1) 1

I still don't understand what she actually does not just with the Bills now but at the NFLN. The only stat that matters is did the Bills score more points than their opponent when the game ended. That's it. All of the other stuff is just meaningless mumbo jumbo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

I thought Cynthia did a fine job in the first half, through halftime. Seemed a little nervous, as I imagine she is. But I have no complaints based on what I've seen from her so far.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So Cynthia basically is replacing Maddy Glab or taking most of the important duties away from her

15 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

My guess is that she is still employed with NFLN and is doing this as a side gig.

It doesn’t appear to be the case

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

So Cynthia basically is replacing Maddy Glab or taking most of the important duties away from her

It doesn’t appear to be the case

Maddy was kind of doing a lot of everything. Her job is social media I believe. She'll do fun stuff. Like ask what their favorite flavor of ice cream is. 😄

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Maddy was kind of doing a lot of everything. Her job is social media I believe. She'll do fun stuff. Like ask what their favorite flavor of ice cream is. 😄

That might be her role now but I do believe that they hired her to be a team “reporter” like Chris Brown.  

11 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

That might be her role now but I do believe that they hired her to be a team “reporter” like Chris Brown.  

Maddy still interviewed Josh after the practice.  She has a role for the team.

I think the NFL network is looking to get Cynthia more exposure and practice at more things.  She is still part of NFLN and has side gigs with several teams providing content.  I think the bills are giving her a chance at some sideline gigs during preseason to add to what she can do.

It seemed obvious that it was a role she was not comfortable with and learning sideline reporting on a local coverage is better than failing on the flagship in prime time.  It gets her ready to help out during the season on different coverage.

Edited by Rochesterfan