Josh Allen: Contract extended through 2028

eball

Just popping in to say this is a great time for all of us! It’s been so long for anything that ALL Bills fans can celebrate regardless of any personal outside proclivities. Hopefully we are on the way to the promised land! Goooooooo Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

not a great decision.  more money than Mahomes, who has won a SB.  WTF.  

kidding.  got some of you.  

This is a great deal.  Not sure how it breaks down year by year, but it's totally in-line with how QB contracts go, and waiting would have only make it more.  It looks like we will be able to hang on to other high-priced players (assuming we have any.  We could if Edmunds finally catches on, Diggs contract, Gabe (WR), Groot, etc.)  

Seriously, I read your opening and glanced up expecting the name to be Scott Law.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Part of the reason I wanted this done now is that Allen doesn't have to worry about his contract during the season. He can just play. I know he kept saying it wasn't on his mind, but let's be honest it's impossible not to think about it. I want him playing freely this season. Now I'm more confident he will.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Mango said:

This is one of those times where somebody totally effed the market. If you’re Cleveland or Baltimore there is no way you get close to that, right?

Ravens will likely pay Lamar slightly more which makes sense. Baker isn't good enough to warrant a similar deal though. Cleveland might have to overpay to keep their guy which would should make Browns fans nervous.

He plays this year under his rookie contract Next year on his year 5 rookie option then the big money starts kicking in in 2023 just when the big $$$ from the TV deals start kicking in. The timing should allow us to maintain and grow for the next 2 years even with an iffy salary cap next year !!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

This is one of those times where somebody totally effed the market. If you’re Cleveland or Baltimore there is no way you get close to that, right?

I don't see how it's an example of that at all. He's not even the highest paid QB in the league. And Dak just got 40 per. 

We already knew this was going to be the going rate for top QBs going forward.

• Like (+1) 1