Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

I predict that he gets 1 year 6M.  More than I’d like, but that’s usually how it works.  If the contract is under 3M a year, I’ll be shocked.  He signed last season: 2 years 24M.

get ready to be pissed. He might get 8M lol 😳

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Large said:

Was a great possession guy for the Broncos, sure handed, wasn’t afraid to make catches and get nailed.  Also brings Super Bowl experience.  A nice bet option that produced every where he’s gone.  Nice value signing. 

Yes...we have watched him for years! 

Just now, Rocket94 said:

Madden! I am too old to play that! We still need speed!

We are only 2 days into free agency ... the market has yet to speak and we don’t have big $ for that position. Notice no one else paid those guys yet either. That means they want big $$$$$.  Speed can be drafted. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I predict that he gets 1 year 6M.  More than I’d like, but that’s usually how it works.  If the contract is under 3M a year, I’ll be shocked.  He signed last season: 2 years 24M.

get ready to be pissed. He might get 8M lol 😳

Yup. It’s going to be more than some expect.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

We are only 2 days into free agency ... the market has yet to speak and we don’t have big $ for that position. Notice no one else paid those guys yet either. That means they want big $$$$$.  Speed can be drafted. 

I hope.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

get ready to be pissed. 😳

I was thinking $5 million but 6 possible.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm guessing he's coming cheaper than smoke wanted to renegotiate too. He is a great route runner and I've never heard him being a problem in the locker room. I bet he will be excited to come and buy into the mentality. He not a blockbuster move by any means but hes still a good enough reciever he has to be accounted for by the defense, that's just that much more attention taken off of diggs and company.  As long as the numbers aren't too high I like the signing. 

34 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just checked... Turns 34 tomorrow ...

And some were worried Smoke as getting on.. 

We were running low on over-the-hill vets. I mean, Ty Nsekhe was just scooped up by the Cowgirls... Gotta keep that average age consistently high...

I kid... I kid...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They tried to trade for him before trading for Diggs.

The speed must be coming in the draft. There is none of it in the WR room right now. 

You know what's funny? When Brown was out this season our offense did just fine. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, junior12thman92 said:

Wow, a lot more negativity in this thread than I thought there'd be. Bills fans might be the only people who dislike this lol.

yup, one of the best WRs at getting open.  Fantastic route runner, still has speed, and is still producing.  Great fit for Allen

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Governor said:

He was the most sought after FA before he left the Steelers way back when.

I forgot about him on the Steelers but ya those were his best days.

I remember him mostly with the broncos and him being a key part of the SB run

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I think I’d rather have John Ross, younger with more speed. But this is a solid pickup if it happens. 

John Ross is a terrible receiver.   Like terrible.    He doesn't run good routes.  Has stone hands and has never had more than 28 catches in a season.   Sanders could be 43 and more productive than ross

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Good player. Want to see the terms but glad we've re-invested in the WR corps. Gabriel Davis was a very promising rookie, but not ready to be a genuine WR2 in my eyes just yet.

Why did your eyes conclude that?  600 yards on 35 catches, 7TDs.

Anyway, this Offense is going to give Beasley the #2 number of targets as long as he's here.  Sanders is obviously better than Brown ever was, but I don't know how much they are going to change the Offense to get him a ton of touches.  Plus he's 34 years old tomorrow...

Just now, whatdrought said:

The only play that sticks out in my mind from this past year was when he was running a deep route and the Taysom wonder underthrew him by about 84 yards, the ball hung In the air for 3 rotations of the earth and sanders came back and caught it.

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

yup, one of the best WRs at getting open.  Fantastic route runner, still has speed, and is still producing.  Great fit for Allen

Yup. That's 3 of the league's best route runners in the league, plus Davis. I could see us adding one more guy through the draft - probably a gadget type. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Im fine with Davis as the 2(more like the 3 with Beasley).. He showed he can ball, wth are u looking for with Davis?? But Sanders will add a nice element to the offense, something we lacked with Brown last year due to injury. 4 wide sets are gonna be crazy to cover!

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why did your eyes conclude that?  600 yards on 35 catches, 7TDs.

Anyway, this Offense is going to give Beasley the #2 number of targets as long as he's here.  Sanders is obviously better than Brown ever was, but I don't know how much they are going to change the Offense to get him a ton of touches.  Plus he's 34 years old tomorrow...

Yeah I get what you're saying. I wasn't trying to slight Davis, he was incredible value for a 4th round pick and made some huge plays for us. I just think there is a big difference between being WR4/beating the opposing defense's CB4 likely in single coverage 100% of the time and being WR2 matched up against their CB2 and drawing a lot more attention. 

He's a promising second year player who has some room to grow, I just thought it would be risky to depend on him as our WR2 given how important our passing attack is. 

Edited by Dont Stop Billeiving
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I forgot about him on the Steelers but ya those were his best days.

I remember him mostly with the broncos and him being a key part of the SB run

I always thought he was one of the more underrated players in the league when he was with the broncos. He was an absolute stud, great route runner and caught everything. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

John Ross is a terrible receiver.   Like terrible.    He doesn't run good routes.  Has stone hands and has never had more than 28 catches in a season.   Sanders could be 43 and more productive than ross

Yeah but he's fast. Wouldn't you rather have someone who can run in a straight line very fast than a guy who is a temendous route runner and has great hands? 

1 minute ago, junior12thman92 said:

Yup. That's 3 of the league's best route runners in the league, plus Davis. I could see us adding one more guy through the draft - probably a gadget type. 

Don’t sleep on Hodgins

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

NFL isnt Madden.  More than speed.  Give me guys inside 20 yards that eat.  Diggs, Sanders, and Beasley are a tough cover.  Sanders will devour single coverage.  Give Allen answers outside that can win quickly.  Compared to whatever Angelor got this will be a robbery.

• Agree 2