Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

36 minutes ago, TheBillsOrDie said:

Why did we not just keep smoke

9 million dollars.

And Sanders has been the better player throughout his career.

18 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

The way I see it.. Even if Sanders isn’t what he once was, he will still be an excellent #4 WR. Let’s say Davis is lights out, Sanders can get you 45-60 catches. That’s a BIG upgrade over Isaiah McKenzie.

McKenzie was never the fourth WR though.  He was the 5th WR behind Diggs, Beas, Smoke and Davis.

45 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Okay, Brown had some injury woes in 2020, but the guy is really damn good when healthy.  Why are so many acting like he had all these problems?

Perhaps he was hampered by injury, but Brown disappeared for entire games last year.  Including the Colts and the AFCCG.

And he'll get in the way, but he's not a very fierce blocker.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

6 is a little higher than I wanted, but If they’ve wanted him this long I’m fine with it. They know more than I do.

I wanted Samuel instead, but Beane has not given me a reason to not trust him. I know not everything works out, but....

I don’t see what sanders has to be giving him 6 mill. watch his highlights last year, everything is caught in a zone or against bad dbs. Then he gets ran down by every linebacker so you tell me what speed he has? honey badger gave him a 7 yard head start on one and he ran him down in 3 steps lol

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps he was hampered by injury, but Brown disappeared for entire games last year.  Including the Colts and the AFCCG.

And he'll get in the way, but he's not a very fierce blocker.

Sanders isn’t the Pilar of consistency either 

I don't undertstand the disappointment.  Can play inside or outside, great route runner, physical, can get off the line and contest catches.  Has a great baller mentality and won't shy away from anybody, great fit to this group.

40 minutes ago, TheBillsOrDie said:

Why did we not just keep smoke

Apparently we think Sanders is a better WR for us to take the next step.

Brown is a great guy - even keel, hard working, fast, gamer - tries to play through injuries.  He's a very polished route runner and when healthy can separate if the coverage isn't too physical.  He got completely erased in a number of games last season, and both 2019 and 2020 when it was on the line he missed some receptions he could have had. 

Even healthy, the writing seemed clear that physical CB play can take him out, especially if the zebras keep the laundry in their pockets

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

1 year 6M ding

Just a comment that I think when the dust settles, some of these 1 yr deals will be structured as 2 year deals to take some off the cap.  Wouldn't surprise me.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1