WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

People have forgotten that the kid went to UCF and not Alabama or Ohio State. He started further behind other guys in the class..... Davis has come a long ways in a short period of time, and still has a fair amount of room to improve. 

You know who was an Alabama WR? Robert Foster. :sick:

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

Davis has been a very, very pleasant surprise for a 4th round pick. A lot of important catches for first downs. Several TDs. For someone without a ton of speed, he's gotten wide open a lot (because he is the 3rd and 4th look). That is inarguable.

Davis has also dropped a couple TDs, doesn't seem to track the ball that well yet downfield, or on the sidelines. Not yet.

Both of those things can be and are true. ]

He's also a great guy, teammate, smart, willing to work. He may be very good. He's productive now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Excellent move.

Gabe Davis is awful. Never gets open unless it's a blown coverage. He creates zero separation vs man coverage. The fumble and the lack of effort vs the Pats was the cherry on top. Can't trust this bad rookie in playoff games.

Stills is a huge upgrade as an outside WR over Davis.

I mean he certainly hasn't been awful but he is a rookie that was drafted in the 4th round for a reason. He hasn't shown he can handle consistent targets yet. Stills definitely offers more at this stage of their careers. I think he immediately becomes the #4 WR.

Gabe Davis is awful. Never gets open unless it's a blown coverage. He creates zero separation vs man coverage. The fumble and the lack of effort vs the Pats was the cherry on top. Can't trust this bad rookie in playoff games.

I'd like to again thank SDS for giving us the "Ignore User" feature on this board.

It comes in quite handy!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I'd like to again thank SDS for giving us the "Ignore User" feature on this board.

It comes in quite handy!

Agreed.  This is one of the hottest/worst takes I've seen in a while.  It's up there with we should cut out probowl starting MLB

Just now, ScottLaw said:

This smacks of Beasley injury possible season ender... 

No it doesn't.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

Correct. 

Jersey numbers unequivocally have an affect on a player's performance. It's just how science works. Sometimes, players pick the wrong numbers and it ruins their career before it ever really gets started. Other times, they persevere through the poor decision and play well anyway (Tremaine Edmunds, I'm looking at you).

Stills in 83 would probably do some damage. Stills in 87 would only disappoint us all.

All truth.

Based on what’s available, the best option is by far 83 with 80 as an alternate. 

87 would not be good. 86 is a dark horse, but he can only have a few good games in 86 and it would mean he couldn’t come back here next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s debatable how much Stills can contribute for this playoff run, but as creative as Daboll is and Josh wanting everyone to get involved I could definitely see him getting a few targets.

Gabe does struggle getting separation in man coverage and has had a couple incidents with deep passes where he didn’t get himself in better position to make the play but he has been a solid WR for this team and so far a really good 4th round find.   Has a knack for getting open and scoring TD’s.   And that catch against Miami was big and spectacular.   

48 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Little tough on a rookie who has a lot of talent and size, besides being a nice contributor in Brown's absence. Give me a Davis in the 4th rd. every year.

Eh I know this isn't a popular opinion but i think Davis is overrated on this board. His TDs are mostly schemed open. It's one of Daboll's specialities, taking players that the defense isn't really thinking about and drawing attention elsewhere to get them open. And Allen has been good at recognizing when those throws are available. When we try to make Davis a focal point it hasn't worked out at all.

He has had a couple really nice plays, notably his diving TD catch against the Dolphins and free play deep catch against the Chargers. But he has a long way to go before he can prove he belongs as even a #2 starter.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills offense is scoring at will.... why all of a sudden do they have interest in Kenny Stills after one of their best wide outs goes down?

Becaise he’s a better option than Gabe Davis and can fill in for Beasley or Brown if needed.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Excellent move.

You’re right, he’s terrible-the Bills should just cut him right now! What an absolute waste of a 4th round pick-the kid didn’t even make the pro bowl this year, he’s a loser! And on his way out he should take Knox with him, Ford obviously needs to be cut, and just to make things really spicy because I know he’s been great this year, they should also get rid of Allen because of his first 2 years here!!!1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I think its safe to say we will not see Beasly anymore if we're getting Stills as the WR.

Bye-bye Beasly. We thank you for contributions and wish you well on your future endeavors. 

I don't think that's safe to say at all.

Josh said just today that Cole is antsy to get back and will do everything in his power to get back as soon as possible, if not this week, then for the playoffs.

It's a reasonable inference, but "safe to say"? Hardly.

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Good move regardless of Beasley. I love Smoke, but John Brown has never been a reliable NFL player because of frequent injuries. He’s great when on the field, but that’s the issue. It’d be nice to have an option like Stills, even if Beasley is healthy because Brown is such a wildcard. 

This is the first time he has missed games in the last 3 seasons.  He missed 6 games in one season.  One game in two other seasons out of 7 total seasons.  That doesn't sound frequently injured to me.

If the Bills added Sills, it would certainly remind me of a hockey roster like move, where teams pickup late season additions for the playoff push.  But, I see this as a reaction to the loss of Kumerow.  Its good insurance, but the playbook obstacle along with no chemistry with JA would make him a last resort.  It also says they have no confidence in Duke Williams....but, if that is true, why are they keeping him around?  A lot we don't know here, and the true injury status is the most important.  Lets see...Barkley started with about 2 weeks notice a couple of years ago....and that was at QB, so Sillls, after clearing COVID, might be available for first playoff game.  Another possibility is that Browns COVID listing is the real deal, and he is out with the virus.  Stay tuned.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is the first time he has missed games in the last 3 seasons.  He missed 6 games in one season.  One game in two other seasons out of 7 total seasons.  That doesn't sound frequently injured to me.

If you’re logical, yes, it’s not a lot. 

If you’re someone who believes players are robots or work like video games and never get hurt, then he’s totally frequently injured. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

All truth.

Based on what’s available, the best option is by far 83 with 80 as an alternate. 

87 would not be good. 86 is a dark horse, but he can only have a few good games in 86 and it would mean he couldn’t come back here next year.  

My man Reggie Gilliam is #86.

But I'm with you and @Logic on this one. Give me receivers with 80s numbers.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Its definitely for depth

Our to 4 wr's are as good as anyone in the league but if you get an injury or 2 we are playing andre roberts and McKenzie in meaningful wr snaps. While both are solid contributors (both kind of niche players) neither you want in a major role

McKenzie OK, Roberts, significant drop off.

Just now, bigK14094 said:

If the Bills added Sills, it would certainly remind me of a hockey roster like move, where teams pickup late season additions for the playoff push.  But, I see this as a reaction to the loss of Kumerow.  Its good insurance, but the playbook obstacle along with no chemistry with JA would make him a last resort.  It also says they have no confidence in Duke Williams....but, if that is true, why are they keeping him around?  A lot we don't know here, and the true injury status is the most important.  Lets see...Barkley started with about 2 weeks notice a couple of years ago....and that was at QB, so Sillls, after clearing COVID, might be available for first playoff game.  Another possibility is that Browns COVID listing is the real deal, and he is out with the virus.  Stay tuned.

If he signs today (or tested today). He can be available as early as Sunday. 

only need 5 consecutive negatives. That timing makes the game day test the 5th. 

Wiki already updated!  Damn!

Gary Jennings Jr.

Gary Jennings Jr. (born March 7, 1997) is an American football wide receiver who plays for the Buffalo Bills. He played college football at West Virginia.

Gary Jennings Jr.
Buffalo Bills
Position: Wide receiver
Personal information
Born: March 7, 1997(age 23)
Stafford, Virginia
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
Weight: 216 lb (98 kg)
Career information
High school: Colonial Forge(Stafford, Virginia)
College: West Virginia
NFL Draft: 2019 / Round: 4 / Pick: 120
Career history
 * Offseason and/or practice squad member only
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
Player stats at NFL.com

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Its definitely for depth

Our to 4 wr's are as good as anyone in the league but if you get an injury or 2 we are playing andre roberts and McKenzie in meaningful wr snaps. While both are solid contributors (both kind of niche players) neither you want in a major role

This is absolutely correct IMHO

Stills gives us some cover for both Brown and Beasley if either is unable to fully fill their respective rolls coming off injury, and a second depth option outside if our starters don't go the full game Sunday.

Special teams has played well all year, and with our tight ends and Davis as other options already dressing for size in the red zone he just adds more value at the moment than someone like Kumerow or Williams.

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

Not sure what the implication is...

I think the implication is we want two WR on our practice squad, and Kumerow got signed by New Orleans.

16% drops this year in Houston, that's near Knox-like

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Beasley being week to week is the reason.

I really doubt this.  I think it has far more to do with Kumerow being poached by NO or with wanting some depth

• Like (+1) 1

You realize that Gave Davis creates 0 separation and struggles to get open, right? 

He is also a rookie, and was the worst player on the field against the Pats.

Right...and Stills is a better WR than Davis.

Stills >>> Davis.

This is obvious. Why are we even arguing this?

It’s your opinion and there is nothing obvious about it.  

Stills last big season was 4 years ago and he has not been a starter in two years.  Why was Stills not on an NFL roster?   If he is that good why was he sitting on waivers since the start of week 12?   

Here is what is obvious.   For 2020 Stills has 11 catches and 1 TD in 11 games.   Davis had 22 catches and 4 TDs in 11 games ( now 33 and 6 in 15 games).  

You are on a crusade against Davis, a rookie WR,  and a 4th rounder, who made the team to play in the #4 role.  We don’t know if Stills will be signed or if he even fits in in this team.  I hope he can help us in some way but I’m not expecting much.  

Edited by Bob in STL

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I really doubt this.  I think it has far more to do with Kumerow being poached by NO or with wanting some depth

Little bit of column A, little bit of Column B.  Depth is always good in the post season but with the uncertainty of Beasley at this point, it's just a good signing to have someone else that can go just in case.

Also we signed Gary Jennings to the PS so that fills Kumerow's spot (unless they have another spot available).

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Eh I know this isn't a popular opinion but i think Davis is overrated on this board. His TDs are mostly schemed open. It's one of Daboll's specialities, taking players that the defense isn't really thinking about and drawing attention elsewhere to get them open. And Allen has been good at recognizing when those throws are available. When we try to make Davis a focal point it hasn't worked out at all.

He has had a couple really nice plays, notably his diving TD catch against the Dolphins and free play deep catch against the Chargers. But he has a long way to go before he can prove he belongs as even a #2 starter.

Why find reasons to pick apart a big physical red zone target who happens to be a rookie. He wasn't expected to be a big contributor, or #2 receiver in his 1st year. Instead of knocking this 4th rd. gem, try crediting him for being the starting wide receiver for the most prolific offense in football. Don't denigrate him by saying any success he's had is due to Dabol's play calling. That's silly. He still has to get open and catch the ball. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Why find reasons to pick apart a big physical red zone target who happens to be a rookie. He wasn't expected to be a big contributor, or #2 receiver in his 1st year. Instead of knocking this 4th rd. gem, try crediting him for being the starting wide receiver for the most prolific offense in football. Don't denigrate him by saying any success he's had is due to Dabol's play calling. That's silly. He still has to get open and catch the ball. 

Yep that 4th round Rookie that some decided to trash today was leading the Receivers in TDs until Monday. Now he is 2nd place with 6. I think that is great production value from a 4th round Rookie (with very limited offseason). 

• Like (+1) 3