WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

5 minutes ago, balln said:

sure it does. 1/3 of his plays come from slot. bills/beane just trying to get better but when beasely went down and then you hear all this WR talk and stills. then a day or two later you hear beasely is rehabbing and allen seems positive and no stills signing still. this covid process talk i dont buy. they just signed 2 WR in 48 hrs. 

Well, McD has flat out denied your theory. 

I was never worried about Beasley missing the playoffs anyway. I think Stills has more to do with Davis than Beasley. McD likely values the veteran experience over the rookie who’s still finding his way.

Edited by Bangarang

2 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

and they had to go through covid protocol as well  

so the two guys that went RIGHT through to confirmed signing in 2 days ....and somehow stills still not signed due to covid protocol ? no

Just now, Bangarang said:

I was never worried about Beasley missing the playoffs. 

I think Stills has more to do with Davis than Beasley. McD likely values the veteran experience over the rookie who’s still finding his way.

anyone talking about davis. please stop. dude is like a 90% win blocker (on the LOS!). plays  runs every route. as a rookie

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro Nimbus said:

they had to clear protocol before confirming the signings

yes- not arguing that. but stills still hasnt cleared? when you have 2 guys that visit/workout clear and sign in 2 days. and stills hasnt - you cant chalk that up to covid protocol alone

12 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Stills primarily plays outside so I don’t think one has much to do with the other.

Might be difficult to find an 'exact' replacement for Beasley, so they might be thinking, get the best WR available right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

yes- not arguing that. but stills still hasnt cleared? when you have 2 guys that visit/workout clear and sign in 2 days. and stills hasnt - you cant chalk that up to covid protocol alone

you have to have 5 consecutive negative test results, putting that at sunday or monday

4 minutes ago, balln said:

Protocol rulings changed last week. Not sure the status of the players the Bills have been dealing, but it may effect things.

Before this new ruling, a player cut or unsigned after a tryout had to wait six days to join a new club, which made it tough for teams with injuries to get someone ready to play the next week. Now they can sign with a team provided the player doesn't miss test, travels privately and then passes a rapid test.

4 minutes ago, balln said:

Nobody really noticed/cared when those guys showed up just business as usual Stills is like an actual player.

8 minutes ago, balln said:

Are you just trying to be dumb in this thread.

Read through again - there is a MANDATORY 5 day COVID testing before any FA is allowed to meet or sign with a team.  

I don’t know if Stills will sign, but stop being obstinate that the reason is because he has not signed yet.

Based upon Schefter’s tweet and 5 days - the earliest Stills can sign is Sunday or more likely Monday of next week after physicals.

Edited by Rochesterfan

2 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

you have to have 5 consecutive negative test results, putting that at sunday or monday

so how have jj nelson and jennings become bills within 48 hours - or is the timeline i have wrong and theyve been thru the process last week? and now its just coming through

4 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Read through again - there is a MANDATORY 5 day COVID testing before any FA is allowed to meet or sign with a team.  

I don’t know if Stills will sign, but stop being obstinate that the reason is because he has not signed yet.

Based upon Schefter’s tweet and 5 days - the earliest Stills can sign is Sunday or more likely Monday of next week after physicals.

i guess youre not reading what im saying. yes just here trying to be "dumb" and "obstinate"

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

The nobodies they have signed all had to clear the same 5 day protocol - just no one marked when these guys arrived.

I don't believe that's the case anymore.  It's a little easier to sign a player now, subject to conditions. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, balln said:

sure it does. 1/3 of his plays come from slot. bills/beane just trying to get better but when beasely went down and then you hear all this WR talk and stills. then a day or two later you hear beasely is rehabbing and allen seems positive and no stills signing still. this covid process talk i dont buy. they just signed 2 WR in 48 hrs. 

Ballin, both those WR were guys who came in to work out last week.  So they went through their 5 day covid testing, had their physicals, and signed.

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I don't believe that's the case anymore.  It's a little easier to sign a player now, subject to conditions. 

That change helps the Saints sign Kumerow, but it doesn't help us with any of the guys we've signed since they are not "current in the testing cadance".  Likewise Stills, hasn't been in the testing cadence since November

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ballin, both those WR were guys who came in to work out last week.  So they went through their 5 day covid testing, had their physicals, and signed.

ok then yea stills thing just need to keep watching. just seemed to be reporting jenning and nelson were in and signed leaving stills info in limbo. thanks!

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Well, McDermott also said yesterday that the only player he was ruling out against Miami was Gilliam.  

Which only means that Gilliam is out on Sunday. Not that anyone else is in.

Edited by Warcodered

3 minutes ago, balln said:

ok then yea stills thing just need to keep watching. just seemed to be reporting jenning and nelson were in and signed leaving stills info in limbo. thanks!

Yes, I think that's correct.  I think the workout day is now Wednesday (facilities closed Monday and Tuesday), and practically speaking guys can't sign until the following week UNLESS they were just cut from a team and are "current in the NFL testing cadence" (meaning another team has been testing them every day).

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:

Right, so per McDermott earlier in the week, Beasley was "Week to week", and yesterday, he might possibly play on Sunday?

Do you think Beasley is healthy enough to play on Sunday?

Just classic McDoublespeak.  I translate it as, they think there's a good chance he'll be good to go for the first playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:

Right, so per McDermott earlier in the week, Beasley was "Week to week", and yesterday, he might possibly play on Sunday?

I think that Beasley would dearly love to try to get a 1,000 yard season and the Bills aren't wanting to rain on his parade but would prefer to sit him this Sunday and give him more chance to heal or at least higher probability to be available for the playoff game.

3 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I've already said McDermott keeps things close to his chest. Week to week doesn't actually rule anyone out it typically has meant at least a week but it isn't definitive. When McDermott actually says something specific he means it.

Edited by Warcodered

5 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

The wife looks forward to my paycheck week to week and has her hand out EVERY Friday 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

He hasn't practiced yet, i think he would need to practice today to be considered.

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Yes based on signing a guy that has maintained testing throughout.  If a guy is cut or released and misses a day of testing or has to travel by non-private flight - they still all require the current 6 days of testing before re-entry.

That would put Stills to Monday assuming he started receiving screening testing the day Schefter announced the visit and it is maintained.

Guys like Jennings were brought in around Kumerow’s departure and were not able to sign until this week depending on the day of visit last week.  Those visits were all before the Beasley injury meaning they were being evaluated for a replacement of Kumerow.

Stills and Gentry came in this week for visits - they will need to meet the days of testing negative requirement and should be available to sign next week.

The delay on Stills may have something to do with money or playing time, but as of right now we know he cannot be signed until he clears - so that is the most likely hurdle.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I would think this is the issue- why move to Buffalo for a few months unless you can show off? Guys who are competitive don't look at a ring they did not earn as well as one they were integral in. 

You sure about that? It’s not like it was his choice to get cut by HOU. He’s already got postseason experience. Coming in as a hired gun to help a team get over the top? I’d say that’s pretty well earned, even if he hasn’t had the time to become an integral part of the culture/locker room. 

Edited by jimmy10
Weird bug today on quoting replies on iOS.

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

Not underestimating him at all. He has a high cap hit next year and sometimes tough decisions are made.  Stills is a deep threat as well, if they can get similar production and save a few million, it might need to be looked at.

I think Brown is great, but Beasley has done fine with Brown playing hurt or not playing most of the season.

We've been slowly figuring things out, but our passing game has in general been less explosive.  The best D's can bracket Beasley and Diggs and if they're good enough to pressure with 4 it's a problem.

My take is we got 1 1st round draft pick on offense and 1 guy we used a 1st to acquire (Diggs).  6 of the top 10 cap hits this season are players on D, and many without nearly the impact of Diggs, Morse, Dawkins, and Brown - White, Hughes, and Poyer yes; Addison, Murphy, and Butler not so much (especially Murphy, and Addison has been disappearing of recent)

Overall right now, the Bills are spending $70M on offense and $102M on defense.  So my take is, we better keep the quality we have on offense and look hard at the value per $$ we're getting on D before we decide Brown's cap hit is too high.

• Like (+1) 1

I would think this is the issue- why move to Buffalo for a few months unless you can show off? Guys who are competitive don't look at a ring they did not earn as well as one they were integral in. 

well at this point the list of suitors is about to halve for any shot this season at all. If you love the game like the Bills Front office like their players to, a shot with the bills for some meaningful post season play seems like it would be an easy ‘yes pleaser’

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Maybe he isn’t reasonable on money. Assume there is a reason he has been on the shelf since late November. 

whrn the Texans waived him it was only 2 mil to grab him. 

Not sure there is a reason to assume this.  His money from Houston was guaranteed- so right now he is being paid his same salary for not playing at all.

I am not sure what offsets he has, but most likely if he signed with any team after being cut - at a per game contract less than his Houston contract - all it would do is lessen what Houston paid him - he would not get more money.  I doubt he is set up to “double dip” or I think he would have already signed.

Therefore the smart money if you clear waivers is to wait - collect your paycheck and see who is making the post season and sign up as late as possible.  The players get paid salary for regular season games only and get “bonus money” in the playoffs - winners/Losers share. 

I do not think he is holding out for more money (at least for this year) as I don’t think it impacts his pay - he should be looking for a team that is going to win a few playoff games (extra money for him) and maybe a contract for next year also - although I would think he would prefer to be a FA as then you get more of a signing bonus.

I don’t see him not signing until now as a negative - I think it is a player that understands the system and is trying to get his money and then sign with the right team.