WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

Just now, chris heff said:

Legitimately asking, why did he get cut and why has he been sitting around for a month?

He called out his racist owner stephen ross in MIA publicly and they shipped him to HOU

Then the great bill obrien cut him / contract issues this year after he hurt his thigh

ITs a good signing - ran a 4.38. hes not big but he wins 50/50 balls and is going to run go routes to take coverage away for diggs and brown 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I get the concern by some that this may reflect on the health of Cole or Smoke.

Don't see how it would have anything to do with Beasley. Stills has played in the slot but that is not his primary role. If Beasley is out for a couple weeks we'll see McKenzie take those snaps, or put Diggs at the slot more than usual. Stills is coming in to be veteran depth as an outside receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Don't see how it would have anything to do with Beasley. Stills has played in the slot but that is not his primary role. If Beasley is out for a couple weeks we'll see McKenzie take those snaps, or put Diggs at the slot more than usual. Stills is coming in to be veteran depth as an outside receiver.

Davis will take the snaps over McKenzie.  Davis's preferred spot would actually be in the slot.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

There no player that can replace Beasleys knowledge and synergy with Allen. 

Beasley out will be huge.

Definitely a big hit, but if we go 4-wide with Diggs-Stills-Davis-Brown, along with the assumption that Allen may run more... good luck defending that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This would be GREAT signing for playoff time. Regardless of what it could mean about bease, I also am not sure they trust Davis downfield unless he’s wide open. He can’t even draw a DPI. Stills is a legit starting WR who is a vet and had played in big games.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 9

Dr. Chao a great twitter follow and former team doctor of the Chargers, said Beasley's injury looked like a foot sprain and he should be good to go for playoffs.  This guy doesn't bat 100% with his diagnosis predictions, but hes right a lot, so this gave me some hope he'll be alright.

I think we might be seeing an increase in 4 & 5 WR sets come playoff time, Stills will fit in nicely.  Probably has much more reliable hands than Knox or Davis.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, balln said:

He called out his racist owner stephen ross in MIA publicly and they shipped him to HOU

Then the great bill obrien cut him / contract issues this year after he hurt his thigh

ITs a good signing - ran a 4.38. hes not big but he wins 50/50 balls and is going to run go routes to take coverage away for diggs and brown 

Bill O’Brien was fired on October 5th, Stills was cut November 27th.

Just now, SCBills said:

Definitely a big hit, but if we go 4-wide with Diggs-Stills-Davis-Brown, along with the assumption that Allen may run more... good luck defending that. 

Would be a lot harder without Beasley. Honestly what he does to find the soft spot or help Allen in tight spots cannot be replicated unfortunately. We need him back against a formidable defense.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think we're in agreement. My point is that this is a smart move, bringing in another weapon as we maximize our playoff opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterLifer said:

I think we're in agreement. My point is that this is a smart move, bringing in another weapon as we maximize our playoff opportunity.

In essence, bease draws coverage so teams can’t double Diggs. Without him, we at least need smoke. But what if both get hurt? Davis and Roberts ain’t it. This is win or go home. Adding another legit offensive weapon at this point who knows what he’s doing...

• Like (+1) 7

Not sure how the offseason goes, but i bet dudes will be lining up to want to catch passes from Josh Allen.  

Stills was decent as i recall. But no one has the great hands and shiftiness of Beasley.  

Edited by zow2