WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

There's 2 ways to view this. Depth, if Brown or even Diggs go down we can't rely on Davis yet. Beasley won't be ready for the wild card. 

Now Beasley out isn't as big a deal as Brown. Reason is Diggs operates the slot as well as he does outside. So they can line him up all over and have success. Now you throw Stills out there and you better account for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Stills was released by Houston around Thanksgiving of this year. He hadn't played much this year, and only had 11 catches, I believe.

Of note, he came to the Texans on that big trade that also landed them Tunsil and gave Miami two first round picks, including the #3 pick this next year.

Just now, Steptide said:

Don't know much about him. Why is he not with Houston anymore? 

released due to being suspended for 6 games for roids 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Stills is not suspended not sure what you're talking about. Maybe thinking of fuller.

just realized it was fuller not stills lol. Mixing my guys up 

Just now, CapeBreton said:

Stills was solid in the post season last year

vs Bills - 4 catches for 46 yards

vs KC - 3 catches for 80 yards

Wouldn't hurt to add him.

He's been solid his whole career before this season. It's a nice pickup. But he's no Beasley. 

• Like (+1) 1

Here is the story from ESPN on November 27th:

Houston Texans release WR Kenny Stills

The Houston Texans released veteran wide receiver Kenny Stills in a mutual parting Friday.

Stills immediately becomes an attractive option for a number of contending teams looking for proven speed at receiver.

Stills, who was in the final year of his contract, will hit waivers first. Teams will have an opportunity to claim him for the prorated portion of his $6.975 million salary. If he clears waivers, he'll get his choice of teams to sign with for the rest of the season.

Stills' role diminished this season as younger players took a larger role, but he might be able to provide a bigger impact for teams in playoff hunt.

This seems like a good signing, assuming it happens.  With Beasley out and Brown's return questionable (just speculating), to sign a veteran WR with speed and some skill makes sense.  If they just sign him for the rest of this season, I don't believe there would be any cap implications.  The way Allen is slinging the ball around, if Stills can run a basic route tree, he could be productive and help out.  It's good for Stills too - who wouldn't want to be a part of this team right now, particularly a WR?  If he doesn't play much, it doesn't hurt anything, but he still gets paid.  If he plays a lot and has some success, his FA value goes up in the offseason.

I just saw the prior post that says he's great in the slot.  I didn't know this.  With Beasley's injury, this is exactly what we need.

Edited by msw2112

My hope is that Beasley is out this week, but returns for first round of playoffs.  My guess is that he is out this week and the 1st round of playoffs, but returns for 2nd round.  My fear is that he is done for the season.  Regardless of which scenario is the case, Stills is a good signing right now.  Two things I didn't know about Stills but have seen in another post above, which, if true, make this signing even better:  1) Stills is "great in slot" and 2) Stills is "High character."

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Could this potentially be a bad sign for Beasleys injury?

(I know Beasley plays the slot and Stills doesn't.)

When stills was released there was talk about him replacing Brown

I think this signing would be a in case both are not available. Plus I'm sure they want to avoid playing Roberts this week and have mckenzie play as little as possible as well

• Thank you (+1) 1

Great signing if true.  

Stills is a good WR and provides a deep threat in the offense.  

Seems like a guy we should be on, even if everyone is healthy, but with Beasley banged up and John Brown coming back off injury, Stills provides a weapon assuming worst case scenario where Beasley is out and Brown isn’t 100%.  

• Like (+1) 1