WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I read this morning there's no limits on how many are on the active roster for the playoffs?  Makes sense in that case to add another WR incase Beasley can't go next week.

I agree, bro!

But can he help us matriculate the ball down the field?

Sorry, had to. 🤣

Let’s hope for the best. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

When stills was released there was talk about him replacing Brown

I think this signing would be a in case both are not available. Plus I'm sure they want to avoid playing Roberts this week and have mckenzie play as little as possible as well

Good points.

Not excited to hear this.

Kenny Stills is a good player.  But he's been sitting on the open market for over a month now.

With COVID precautions, I'm not sure he could even be available to play for us in Week 17.

The timing tells me they are at least worried about Cole Beasley being available for the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Also I'm hoping this is a 2 year deal because I live John Brown but you can get a similar player for cheaper right now and move on from smoke to save cap next year. 

While I like the signing, I definitely don’t want to replace smoke. He’s too valuable.

Stills is a body.  Go look at his stats or watch old tape.  I wouldn’t overreact on Beasely.  Why?  When Kumerow was claimed, we only have 1 WR left on the PS.  That sounds like insurance with maybe Beasely, but maybe not.  Also, the unknown for all of us on Brown.  We don’t want to be in a corner as Roberts is too important as a returner to use him as a WR as we did in TN.

They haven’t sign3d him, just taking a look.  He wouldn’t play if not signed on a Wed. For this game so just insurance for the playoffs.  It does tell me they wanted to place Kumerow on the PS, but the Saints scooped him up fast.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Could also see the team wanting an extra body to throw in for the dolphins game. Get Brown/Diggs/Davis on the bench as early as possible. 

He’d provide solid depth.

If Beasley does miss time I could see Diggs/Davis playing slot, Brown outside snd Diggs/Davis rotating the other outside spot. Davis has developed to the point where I see a Beasley injury being overcome as long as Brown comes back. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

This seems like a good signing, assuming it happens.  With Beasley out and Brown's return questionable (just speculating), to sign a veteran WR with speed and some skill makes sense.  If they just sign him for the rest of this season, I don't believe there would be any cap implications.  The way Allen is slinging the ball around, if Stills can run a basic route tree, he could be productive and help out.  It's good for Stills too - who wouldn't want to be a part of this team right now, particularly a WR?  If he doesn't play much, it doesn't hurt anything, but he still gets paid.  If he plays a lot and has some success, his FA value goes up in the offseason.

I just saw the prior post that says he's great in the slot.  I didn't know this.  With Beasley's injury, this is exactly what we need.

Hop & Fuller were the boundary WRs and Stills work’d the slot.

Rosters are larger in postseason this year.

Love it!

• Like (+1) 1

I think this is more about Gabriel Davis than Beasley. He didn't play very well against the Patriots. I don't think McDermott trusts a rookie WR in the playoffs, even as the #4. Stills is more reliable. Also he's more of an outside receiver than a slot.

• Like (+1) 2

This is a no brainer.....if it appears beasley will be out for a significant amount of time or they think he will be....simple....get it done and get it done quick so they can bring him up to speed with the JA and the offence.....

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I think this is more about Gabriel Davis than Beasley. He didn't play very well against the Patriots. I don't think McDermott trusts a rookie WR in the playoffs, even as the #4. Stills is more reliable. Also he's more of an outside receiver than a slot.

I could buy this.

McDermott was not happy with Davis' fumble.

Kid will learn.

Just now, mjt328 said:

Not excited to hear this.

Kenny Stills is a good player.  But he's been sitting on the open market for over a month now.

With COVID precautions, I'm not sure he could even be available to play for us in Week 17.

The timing tells me they are at least worried about Cole Beasley being available for the playoffs.

The timing is perfect actually for a veteran like Stills. So I wouldn't worry about the timing. It's obvious though that Beasley's injury is pretty significant. Again though Diggs can and has operated out of the slot. 

• Like (+1) 1