Week 16: Sunday Games Around the League

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Allen had a pretty bad game against them last year, from what I remember. That may be all they remember. 

Nope, there was a real genius going back and forth with Bruce Nolan about how Allen only throws short and that’s why his completion percentage is higher than mayfield... 😂

Just now, Bob in STL said:

I am not watching the Jets but it sounds like they are taking away the run and making Baker win with his arm.  The correct strategy.  Still a long way to go.    

I’m watching the Colts dominate the Steelers.  

I have all the games on at once with Sunday Ticket Game Mix. It’s so great when Bills aren’t on. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Sure... if there’s any team that can beat us in round 1 it’s the Ravens. I’d prefer they play any other team honestly.(outside of KC obviously)

Dunno.  The titans beat us.  Colts are playing great.  Browns could present a tough matchup if they have their WRs.  We barely beat Miami and they didn’t have Byron Jones.  I view all of the playoff teams as threats......except the Steelers. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Sure... if there’s any team that can beat us in round 1 it’s the Ravens. I’d prefer they play any other team honestly.(outside of KC obviously)

Why are they the “if any team can beat us” squad?

Not saying they aren’t, but they are the kings of destroying bad teams.. and that’s what they’ve been doing recently.  

Do you not trust our Defense, McDermott & Frazier to keep Lamar/Dobbins etc in check?

Do you think their Defense will give our Offense issues?  

Lamar being due isn’t a reason (not saying its yours)... We also have a team that has been fueled by how they lost that WC Game last year.   

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Titans beat us in the regular season. We could lay an egg and lose to any of the AFC playoff teams... although I would favor us right now against all but KC.  The weakest contenders seem like Pittsburgh and Miami. 

Just now, SCBills said:

Why are they the “if any team can beat us” squad?

Not saying they aren’t, but they are the kings of destroying bad teams.. and that’s what they’ve been doing recently.  

Do you not trust our Defense, McDermott & Frazier to keep Lamar/Dobbins etc in check?

Do you think their Defense will give our Offense issues?  

Lamar being due isn’t a reason (not saying its yours)... We also have a team that has been fueled by how they lost that WC Game last year.   

mmmm. were bad at Run D and a mobile QB. murray, tannehill, mahommes 

Just now, balln said:

mmmm. were bad at Run D and a mobile QB. murray, tannehill, mahommes 

Are we bad at run D?  I don’t think we are... not since we got healthy, we aren’t. 

Murray didn’t play well against us... A Hail Mary seems to be clouding your thinking. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Their defense has owned us the past couple years.... No where did I say the Bills wouldn’t win. I’m saying they present as a very difficult match up. 

I agree that their defense, with their blitzing and strong CB unit, is something I’ll be very interested in how we attack.  

As far as Lamar goes, they thrive against undisciplined defenses.... that’s not us.  

Whatever happened to teams "just giving up?" I don't mean tanking -- the front office selling off valuable assets, trying to get the first pick in the draft, etc. -- I mean teams not even looking like they're giving a full effort, just playing out the string.

Week after week I'm watching failed teams, long out of playoff competition, all over the place -- Jets, Falcons, Broncos, maybe even the Jags -- playing hard and trying to win. We saw a horrific Lions team this week getting blown out, but that seems to happen in one game at a time, kind of like the WFT or Cowboys earlier this season.

Now that we're actually good, I kinda miss the old school "we've just plain given up" games.