Week 16: Sunday Games Around the League

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The defense has had its major issues this season.... 

Look at how they’ve been playing since getting healthy...  We had a bottom 5 defense through half the year - I’m not really interested in discussing the defense through the prism of them being the same squad with no linebackers and a bunch of banged up corners. 

I simply trust McDermott/Frazier to preach gap assignment against a potential Ravens match up.   If others don’t, so be it. 

Tbh, the Browns running attack scares me more because of how effective it can be in providing Baker with clear throwing lanes. 

Edited by SCBills

11 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Big Ben looks beyond washed up

He got by the first half of the season on experience and guile. And now he's been exposed. Kind of a fat late career Chad Pennington or Peyton Manning 2015's evil twin. Weird that the first seed 3 weeks ago is now the team looking at an offseason rebuild.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

We tend to play down to any team. Whoever we play, it will be close. 

Yea, we definitely have been playing down to the level of our opponent when we had the Steelers game locked up midway through the 4th and then annihilated the Broncos.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Just feel the Ravens are due for a playoff win or two.... Browns no. Titans would be another tough game. Dolphins no way. 

Ravens and Titans are the worst first round match up and I don’t think it’s even close. 

I think the colts are in that mix.  Their coaching is up there with the best in the league this season.  If rivers doesn’t blow it, they’re a tough out for any team.  I hope they get the chiefs in KCs first game.  

I agree that ravens and titans are tougher outs than the brown and Miami but division matchups are tough.  Playing a team for the 3rd time is rarely an easy out.  We barely beat miami in our first matchup.  We’re better....but so are they.  I’d rather play miami than the ravens, colts or titans, but I don’t think that we’re invincible vs them.

And with the browns, while Baker is no Stallion, he’s been playing lights out in recent week....up until this game with no WRs.  Myles Garrett is a problem for every passing offense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Even with how bad the Steelers are playing, I think they beat the Browns next week.  Then I think they would need help to get in if they lose today.

In Cleveland's defense, they're missing a lot of key WRs. I'm not sure how any coach isn't implementing better distancing procedures, but more importantly, how any player isn't doing that theirselves

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

We tend to play down to any team. Whoever we play, it will be close. 

Yep the Broncos, Steelers and Niners games were really close.....nail biters 

KC has won their last 6 games by 6 points or less- they suck too

Edited by Turbo44
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

In Cleveland's defense, they're missing a lot of key WRs. I'm not sure how any coach isn't implementing better distancing procedures, but more importantly, how any player isn't doing that theirselves

Only Landry and Higgins get a lot of run, as the Browns run 2 TE a ton, but I’m sure it’s having an effect.  

Probably the worst bad team to play given the Jets only strength is run D. 

Just now, Back the Blue said:

I don’t know what happened to Pittsburgh’s offense.  The OC has turned Big Ben into Chad Pennington with the non-stop 5 yard passing game. 

Ben’s Arm is dead. Same offense they have been running all season. Teams finally just squatting the routes now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

Mayfield is also off. Some of those throws that last dive brought a smile to my face

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'm not watching the game but it's probably not fair to judge him in this one considering all their receivers are out.

Agreed - but he’s had open guys and has missed them a handful of times.  

• Like (+1) 1