Buffalo clinched a playoff birth tonight?

TwistofFate

26 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Ravens had to lose.

I just want all other teams to drop below us in record to make us a higher seed. I’m not afraid of ANY team, but I’d like home games (for what it’s worth this year) and to get the best matchups possible to advance. 

Clinching tonight is less important to me personally. We will be in, let’s ADVANCE! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Gravytrain said:

If the playoffs were this weekend I think we'd have the Colts. I prefer them to the Titans at this point. Phillip Rivers doesn't scare me but Derrick Henry doesn't seem like fun right now. 

That’s the exact game I want for them.  I don’t believe they are a better team.  I want the Bills to make the Titans know that the hard way.

5 hours ago, The Gravytrain said:

If the playoffs were this weekend I think we'd have the Colts. I prefer them to the Titans at this point. Phillip Rivers doesn't scare me but Derrick Henry doesn't seem like fun right now. 

Indy is one of the matchups I want for the Bills. Not sure where they hurt us. I know they did get their run game going a bit against the Raiders but generally they have struggled to run it consistently and old man Phil doesn't have the arm to beat us without putting the ball in harms way IMO. Their defense wants to play a lot of zone. Would be another day of lots of Beas underneath and Stef on comebacks and curls IMO but we have shown if you wanna make us go methodically down the field on 8 to 10 play drives then we are patient enough to do it.

The bills making the playoffs is not official but it might as well be.  Lots of scenarios including the bills losing out results in a playoff berth.  Win the division is a near certainty too.   Ultimately for this season to be deemed a success we need a win in the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, ganesh said:

we will win next week with a win over the Broncos or the Dolphins loss to the Patriots.

I also believe we clinch the AFC East with a win over Broncos. 

We control our own destiny

Any win by the Bills or any loss by Miami the rest of the way means the AFCE title belongs to Buffalo.

Bills clinch playoffs with any Ravens loss.

36 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

This. I'm past worrying about making the playoffs. Much more concerned with matchups and seeds.

I am not worried about matchups or seeds at all. Only the #1 gets the bye and that won't be the Bills. The AFC is tough this year so no matter who the Bills get it will be a challenge. Also home/road doesn't mean much this year with no fans or small crowds.

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I am not worried about matchups or seeds at all. Only the #1 gets the bye and that won't be the Bills. The AFC is tough this year so no matter who the Bills get it will be a challenge. Also home/road doesn't mean much this year with no fans or small crowds.

I remain hopeful that the Bills will be allowed to have even a small crowd for the playoffs. It makes a difference!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I remain hopeful that the Bills will be allowed to have even a small crowd for the playoffs. It makes a difference!

That is the one bad thing about this football season is that fans can't attend. With the year the Bills are having that is especially true for Bills fans who have waited a long time for a  season like this.

Just now, Greg S said:

That is the one bad thing about this football season is that fans can't attend. With the year the Bills are having that is especially true for Bills fans who have waited a long time for a  season like this.

Yes...and it’s made way worse by the fact that just a few hours drive down the shore of Lake Erie they can indeed have fans! 

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

This thread reminds me . . . We should call up Christian Wade. Let's see what he can do over these last few weeks. Why not? 🤪

I’m still holding out hope that we see Duke Williams in the postseason 

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It is best to just not hope, or ask any questions.

The Bills will win the AFC-E next week. Unfortunately, that $&#&&&@ Hail Mary will cost them a higher Seed. 

To be fair, although only one team can exit the AFC every year to the Roman Numeral, EVERY AFC Playoff team is very good to excellent. Whatever team the Bills play, it will be a very good one! That will be the case in ALL the games. The Underdog could win all games.

This is no reflection of how good the Bills are... but...

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Someone get Buddy Nix on the phone.  The baby is coming!

I liked Buddy.  Didn't have much of a team, but always got at least one laugh out of his pressers/interviews. 

Searched to find out how he is doing, but found nada.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

No that was the opposite of what we needed but I don't care I'd be amazed if we missed out at this point.

It a typical year I'd be yelling at you for saying what you said above. Too many times watching the team find ways to lose (like Willie freaking Parker running  all over us in '04)

This year I've thrown out the superstitions. This team knows how to win. That drive on Sunday after the Steelers scored in the second half was proof. I know we only got 3 points but moved it back to 2 scores. Then the clock devouring run the ball football for the last 7 minutes. How are ESPN etc still sleeping on the Bills.  

2 hours ago, hemma said:

I liked Buddy.  Didn't have much of a team, but always got at least one laugh out of his pressers/interviews. 

Searched to find out how he is doing, but found nada.

“At Buffalo, we drafted many players from the south and people thought I was biased,” said Nix, now 80 and retired in Chattanooga. “I would tell them it’s like fishing. You find a lake to fish that has good fish in it.”

https://dothaneagle.com/eufaula_tribune/news/nix-fondly-recalls-first-head-coaching-stop-at-eufaula/article_069435b0-6b01-5738-b9fd-e13f75cb9355.html

• Awesome! (+1) 1